PDA

View Full Version : Moderate for 6 nts or Deluxe for 5 nts??

LglBlonde
05-04-2005, 02:55 PM
Booked for Aug 29-Sept 3 for 5 nts at WL using email code that came out today for free dining - for two adults, package is $1580.

Looking at Moderate - we could stay 6 nts @ a moderate and it'd actually be less - $1475 ish?

We stayed at POFQ last year - liked it pretty well, but are really wanting to check out WL. DH is very excited about the lodge theme since he wanted to go to Yellowstone this year! If we moved to a mod though, I picture being there an extra day as giving us a more relaxed, less frenzied paced vacation? Then the question becomes which mod? I like to "try new things" but I fear we've stayed at the best mod for us - like that its smaller. DH has never been to another mod either, but stated he'd only want to go back to POFQ - to me, I'd consider another, CBR or CSR.... suggestions??

mommykds
05-04-2005, 03:00 PM
IMHO I would always choose a longer vacation, even by a day & stay at a moderate to do so.

That being said, if you really wanted to try out the WL you should do it.

Have a great time whatever you decide. :flower:

Lou-Ann
05-04-2005, 03:37 PM
I agree that a longer stay would be my choice. I truly love the Lodge but this time we are opting for a longer stay at POFQ. Why not try the longer stay with part of your trip being dinner at the Lodge or taking a boat ride there for lunch. You do not have to stay there to enjoy the elegance. Before we stayed there for the first time about 6 yrs ago, we always palnned an evening there for dinner and sitting on the porch watching the geyser and the water etc. We found it very refreshing. We have stayed at the Lodge noexclusively for the last 8 or so visits. It is addicting. be careful what you wish for.....You might never leave....

Keokagal
05-04-2005, 04:45 PM
Split your stay. We are doing that this July. We are trying CSR as visited several times in April to eat at PM. Then we're switching to either Dolphin or BC. It's easy to split and exciting. Haven't stayed at WL, will some day. Had dinner there cpl x's. So interesting. Oh, the decisions we must make :earboy2: .

CheezDoodle
05-04-2005, 04:51 PM
IMO you should stay at a deluxe. WL is a wonderful resort and the rooms have bigger beds. I also like the slide at thier pool! ;)

Nolcrest
05-04-2005, 04:53 PM
I'd choose the WL since that's a place you've wanted to try. One day doesn't make a huge difference. The proximity of Wl to Mk and monorail transport plus boat transport may make up for the xtra day at the moderate.

The WL is beautiful. You will not be disappointed. Go for it. When all is said and done you'd still wish you had tried the WL if you stay at a mod (and I love the moderates)

LglBlonde
05-05-2005, 07:34 AM
Since we are payiing full rack rate (because of free dining add-on), I'm thinking we'll try WL when we can get a better rate, and aren't paying $199 a night.

Doing a mod for 6 nights will be $100 LESS than WL for 5 nts, and we can guarantee a King bed (to do so at WL would be even more). DH and I looked last night - we are going with CBR.

I told DH we'd visit WL and have a meal there.

berkshire mike
05-05-2005, 11:03 AM
I think I'd rather have an extra day more than a better room also. After all most of the time is spent outside the resort anyways.
CBR is a great place. We went this past April and loved it!!!
I'd request a corner room in Jamaica.

ncbyrne
05-05-2005, 11:11 AM
IMHO, a longer vacation is always more desireable....even if it's only one day! Any of the moderates would be ok, but if your DH likes POFQ, why not just stay there again and avoid confrontation. You can always visit any of the resorts - make a PS at the WL and spend time touring. AND have an extra day in the most magical place on Earth!

4greatboys
05-05-2005, 12:30 PM
I'd pick at mod for over over a deluxe for 5. But is there anyway you could split your stay and still stay 6 nights? Maybe mod for 3 and then move to the deluxe for 3?

twinklebug
05-05-2005, 12:38 PM
Adding another vote for the extra day @ Disney!!!

Unless there's something just so special about the Deluxe resort, that unless you experience it by staying there, your life just won't be complete, the extra 24 hours of Disney Magic is unarguably the way to go.
:wizard:

LglBlonde
05-05-2005, 12:41 PM
I know my DH will not go for the split stay - he'd think it a hassle to pack up everything and move.

Last night, he agreed it'd be fun to try a new resort, so that's why we are going to CBR.