PDA

View Full Version : What's the closest resort to Magic Kingdom?

devotedchristian
05-04-2005, 02:41 PM
Also, do you think MK is the "best" park to introduce to my (3 year old at the time we go) son?

DVC-Don
05-04-2005, 02:49 PM
Contemporary and yes, the MK would be the place to start.

webray
05-04-2005, 02:50 PM
Contemporary and yes..always, always start at MK.

Melrosgirl
05-04-2005, 02:56 PM
I've read some guidebooks that suggest leaving MK for LAST b/c young children may be bored at the other parks after you take them to magical MK.

Just something I read. (We always go to MK first though, lol.)

bellarella
05-04-2005, 03:26 PM
Contemporary is the closest. We are actually doing the MK on the 2nd and 4th day of our trip (no hopping). We are going to start with MGM. I'm banking on them not being as thrilled to go elsewhere after the MK. With MGM we are planning on seeing Playhouse Disney and Lion King, which should give them a good "Disney" (as in character) fix. Then we will do the MK, then AK, then back to the MK. We aren't planning on doing Epcot at all.

Oh, but while the Contemporary is the closest, GF and Poly are on the monorail and WL has a boat launch there. We chose not to stay at the Contemporary because it seemed the least "themed" and, more importantly, I don't believe it has a 0 entry pool (one where it starts off like a beach and gradually gets deeper). So if you aren't in love with the Contemporary (though I know many are) there are other options where transporation to the MK is pretty easy.

devotedchristian
05-04-2005, 03:37 PM
Thank you...more questions

What's the closest DVC Resort? I need lots of space

3lilprincesses
05-04-2005, 03:42 PM
the closest DVC resort are the Villas at Wilderness Lodge. as a previous poster mentioned, it is a MK resort, but not on the monorail. you can however get a boat launch to MK.

by the way, the rooms at the poly and GF are very generously sized. if it is just the 3 of you, you may find that it is enough space.

good luck deciding on a resort!

rcraw45425
05-04-2005, 03:51 PM
I agree about the GF. The rooms are quite spacious. Our trip last month we stayed in Boca Chica, had a lagoon room that faced the MK, view of Space Mountain and Cinderellas Castle. Our room was great, it was a king room with a pull ot sleeper sofa, making the room seem even more spacious than the regular ones. The rooms in the CR are big too, lots of storage space. Don't forget, all of the Deluxes have free fridges available too! From the GF you are the 1st monorail stop for MK, plus you can also take the resort launch there, I think that sometimes it is quicker than the monorail.

bellarella
05-04-2005, 04:29 PM
Personally I think the Deluxe hotels offer better space than the DVC studios. GF, Poly, Contemporary, and WL rooms are all larger than the studio at WLV (or any other DVC studio) and they also offer two queen beds plus a daybed, whereas the DVC studios are 1 bed plus a sofa bed.

Now if you are talking about getting a one bedroom, then I would definately go DVC rather than Deluxe.

wdwgoofeeee
05-05-2005, 04:56 AM
You can find tons of information on everything about WDW, including detailed info on all the resorts, on allearsnet.com.
For discounts check out mousesaver.com