PDA

View Full Version : Which Moderate do you recommend

DonaldsDaisy
05-04-2005, 02:36 PM
DH and I are AP holders and want to go for a short weekend in late July for my birthday. We have never stayed a moderate and would like to try one out. Can anyone recommend the best place to go that is more couple friendly? Any adivce would be appreciated.

Thanks

catwub
05-04-2005, 02:42 PM
How about POFQ?? Great grounds, close to everything. Short walk to POR and you can take the boat to Downtown Disney. I think that POFQ is VERY couple friendly. :love:

Catwub :banana: :banana: :banana:

Buzz2001
05-04-2005, 02:52 PM
We just got back too. This was our 8th trip to CSR and we still love it just as much as our first time back in 1998.

THE PROS
No sharing bus service with other resorts
Centrally located with short rides to the parks
Largest hot tub on WDW property
Awesome main pool area with 3 quiet pools
New internal shuttle service eliminates long walks around the resort
High speed internet service & WiFi available
Free use of the gym
Spa/Hair Salon
Fridge in the room
Coffeemaker in the room
Iron and ironing board
Hair Dryer in room
2 arcades

THE CONS
Full size beds
one sink

IN THE MIDDLE
The Pepper Market is either a love it or hate it place. We love it but some folks just don't care for it.
Convention resort - some guests don't like seeing other guests in suits. Doesn't bother us and helps keep the buses empty.

Check out my website below

2MuchOhana
05-04-2005, 03:07 PM
POFQ! I love it there. They also offer carriage rides in the evenings which depart from POR marina! The boat ride to DTD is really nice, too!

Jodi :sunny:

DonaldsDaisy
05-04-2005, 03:32 PM
Thanks everyone for your advice. We really want to have that romantic touch since its my BD and our Anniversary!

DisneyJen0504
05-04-2005, 05:39 PM
We love CSR! We honeymooned there in May 2004-we found it to be really great for adults! The resort is spacious, relaxing, quiet and peaceful. The rooms are clean, comfortable and you can get a King with a water view for an extra special stay. We also feel that CSR has the best theme pool,food court and bus system especially since you dont share buses with any other resort. We also checked out the spa last time-very nice! I highly recommend this resort!! :sunny:

kpm76
05-04-2005, 05:59 PM
Definitely POFQ!!! So romantic :) We love it and it's really couple friendly....

kandmwedding
05-04-2005, 08:27 PM
Definitely POR for romance!! Dh and I honeymooned here and had a fantastic time!! It's very quiet and the landscaping is beautiful!! My second choice would be POFQ.

safetymom
05-04-2005, 08:46 PM
CBR. If you want to get away ask for Trinidad South. It's like its own little resort. It is a far walk to the food court but very private.