PDA

View Full Version : If all AKL Standard view rooms are soldout,

bizeemom4
05-04-2005, 11:35 AM
what are my chances of getting an upgrade to Savannah view? I won't be arriving until 7p.m. on arrival day. It looks like Standard and Pool are sold out for some of our stay but Savannah is still available.

If I paid to upgrade my room to Savannah now (before we leave), is it possible to get upgraded? If so, what kind of upgrades have people gotten if they paid for Savannah view?

golfgal
05-04-2005, 11:57 AM
You have a better chance of being upgraded from a standard view to a pool or savannah view then you do being upgraded from savannah view to anything (which would be consierge or a deluxe savannah view-not a better view just a slightly bigger room).

BABYJOSIE98
05-04-2005, 12:06 PM
I just booked short trip for May 24th and got a great rate with a PIN code for $124 a night Standard AKL....I booked it with hopes of getting an upgrade,but the more I thought about it the more worried I got. I really want a Savanah view since it is my Mom's first trip. :cool1:

So I called back and got a great rate on the Savanah of $160. I went ahead and upgraded. I was thinking it may be busy at that time and atleast I know we will have that Savanah. It is hard to decide because you do read so much of people being upgraded. They only have a few Standard rooms compared to the Savanah.

Good luck whatever you decide. :wizard:

Deweysgirl
05-04-2005, 02:48 PM
We are booked at AKL for 5/18-5/22. Can you tell me how to find out if standard rooms are booked up? I would like to see how things are summing up for our dates. Thanks!

BABYJOSIE98
05-04-2005, 02:59 PM
SELECT ROOM ONLY AND PICK YOUR DATES AND SEE WHAT IS AVAILABLE?
THAT SHOULD GIVE YOU AN IDEA. :goodvibes
IF NOTHING IS AVAILABLE THEN YOU WILL KNOW IT WILL BE FULL.

I THINK AKL IS A RESORT THAT HAS PRETTY MANY AVAILABLE ROOMS OVER THE OTHER RESORTS. I GUESS IT IS THE LOCATION?? I PERSONALLY CAN'T WAIT TO STAY THERE!

WHEN I CALLED FOR OUR LAST MINUTE TRIP I WAS TOLD THAT CBR WAS BOOKED FULL ,BUT I COULD HAVE AKL FOR A GREAT PRICE AND SO I TOOK IT!

WE ARE ONLY DOING SEAWORLD THIS TRIP AND THEN SPENDING THE OTHER 2 DAYS ENJOYING THE RESORT! :rotfl:

GOOD LUCK.

Keokagal
05-04-2005, 04:55 PM
We booked a stand rm but got upgraded to Savannah!!!! April 17-20. 3 rooms, we had soooo much magic goin on man :cool1: .

LuvN~Travel
05-04-2005, 07:06 PM
I was playing around on the WDW site last night for my dates, 14-21 and they didn't show anything for AKL. I think their recommendation was for Fort Wilderness. Hm....wouldn't mind an upgrade.:)
Kim

Deweysgirl
05-04-2005, 08:26 PM
BabyJosie98~Thank you, I tried it. Looks like they are offering pool view or savannah for my dates. Standards are sold out apparently. I wonder if this is good news for us. Time will tell! :goodvibes

Deborah_Mary
05-04-2005, 08:46 PM
We are booked at AKL for 5/18-5/22. Can you tell me how to find out if standard rooms are booked up? I would like to see how things are summing up for our dates. Thanks!

Deweysgirl: I couldn't help but notice your dates when you are going to be staying at AKL... we'll (me, dh, dd-6 and dd-16 months) will be there 5/17-5/21 (before moving over to Poly for 5 nights)!! So maybe we'll see you around the Lodge!!

Deb*

bizeemom4
05-04-2005, 09:02 PM
I guess I'll just keep the Standard Room. We're going to be super busy anyway and I'd hate to pay for the view if we won't use it much. It would be very sweet to get one comped though. :flower:

We are staying at the AKL 5/19-5/23.

TnTsParty
05-04-2005, 09:12 PM
I am going to be at AKL May 15th and 16th seems like alot of people are taking quick trips to the World this month!! When I called I got a REALLY REALLY high rate (and it was that Florida Residents rate) but I HAVE to have a Savannah view since its my DH's first time to WDW in a LONG LONG time - and his first time to AKL. Does anyone think I would be able to get a lower rate if I call back?

Deweysgirl
05-04-2005, 10:01 PM
Hi Deb and BizeeMom! My Dh, myself and our two DD's (10 and 7) along with my parents will all be at the lodge. My youngest DD just turned 7, her and your DD 6 could possibly become pool pals! If you notice our 2 DD's from the picture in my sig., please make a point to say hello. We'll be hanging out by the pool mostly all day on 5/18 and 5/22. The other 3 days are park days-commando style! LOl! :crazy:

TnTsParty~Good question! I've been tempted to call myself just to see what the price would be at this point for an upgrade. If I decide to call and check, I'll post what I find out.

TnTsParty
05-05-2005, 07:15 AM
Well unfortunatly I called this morning and was told the $219 a night for savannah view for Florida Residents was the best rate out there. For some reason I don't completely believe but oh well I am still going and will have fun!!

Maybe I should call back and not tell them I have a reservation. Or maybe I should just leave well enough alone. I am just more used to paying $169 or lower for the Deluxes.

poohbear158
05-06-2005, 11:53 AM
babyjosie98, how did you get your pin code? I called WDW and they did not have any discounts they could offer me for AKL.

BABYJOSIE98
05-06-2005, 12:20 PM
We had decided to do a last minute trip a couple weeks ago. We are just planning on doing SeaWorld,but I thought it would be nice to stay at a WDW resort. I called to check on CBR and it was booked full,but she said she could offer me a great rate at AKL. I told her I had gotten a post card awhile back,but never used it.
She said that you have a promotional pin linked to your name and so I can offer you AKL Standard for $124.00 :cool1: :cool1: I had to pull over!! I could not believe it. So I booked it for 3 nights and then got thinking that I really want Savanah and I know we might get upgraded,but what if we don't?
So I called back and they gave me Savanah view for $160!! :rotfl:

So it was just something I stumbled and on and I was glad that I did.

Good luck!! I would just keep trying. I was thinking of joining AAA cause they offer some decent rate discounts too? :wizard:

Bye, :wave2: