PDA

View Full Version : Is The Cheerleaders That Bad???

My2BabiesLexis&Dill
05-04-2005, 11:53 AM
Ok I have yet another dilemma. I was looking on Intercot.com and found that in Feb. 06 there will be cheerleading competition going on for our first 5 days there. I know the groups will most likely stay in the All Star Resorts (we are staying at ASMo). Do you think it would be worth to upgrade to WL or AKL (my second choice in stay) to avoid their roudy ways? Or is it tolerable? Any comments or replies will be greatly appreciated.

:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy:
Our First Family Trip To See The Mouse--Feb 06

jcsbama
05-04-2005, 12:03 PM
no experience, but from other posts I've read, I'd move.

HLAuburn
05-04-2005, 12:15 PM
When in February are we talking??? :confused:

pumba
05-04-2005, 12:19 PM
when you go there are always going to be alot of groups there.........we were there in APril and there were two blds full of cheerleaders and baseball groups....I do not think that they were bad and I will be the first to admit if they were rotten. We had no trouble with them .......but the food court at breakfast time like 8:30 to 9:00 am were sort of zoo like.......but it was still do able.......We took our two teen grandkids ........wanted you to know what age group WE ARE IN........not young and not old either........

Chip 'n Dale Express
05-04-2005, 12:23 PM
The cheerleaders do tend to clog the bus system at the All-Stars. They're all supposed to have thier own pre-arranged transportation, but a lot of them end up using the Disney buses instead. This can cause extended delays during the midday when they show up out of nowhere, and surprise us.

My2BabiesLexis&Dill
05-04-2005, 12:43 PM
2006 CHEERLEADING & DANCE TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP DATES FOR 2006

JAN 13-16 COLLEGE CHEERLEADING AND DANCE
FEB 3-6 NATIONAL DANCE TEAM
FEB 10-13 NATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL CHEERLEADING
MARCH 10-13 NATIONAL ALL STAR CHEERLEADING

**SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE***

We are going Feb 6-18 and we are going with my 2 young children ages 4 and 2. We are going to get hit twice with cheerleaders. Don't get me wrong, I think it's a wonderful thing for the cheerleaders who are in competition but I really don't know if I can handle teenage girls running and hollering in the evening time. But then again...that is why I posted this to see how it really was. Thanks for any comments.

Alicnwondrln
05-04-2005, 12:45 PM
if you dont want to be around noise and stuff
i would move

copper0426
05-04-2005, 01:10 PM
Save yourself a head ache and switch. We have been unlucky enough to be at the All star when it was invaded by cheerleaders it was almost unbearable.
Don't get me wrong these girls are pleasant and VERY full of spirit. They are not doing anything wrong just being teen and pre-teen girls. But I work in a school and really don't need the fuss while triing to relax. We also got stuck with a large group at POR once a lot smaller so it was tollerable :cheer2:

jaysmom4285
05-04-2005, 02:00 PM
We've been at WDW a few times during Pop Warner week in early December. We have always stayed at a different resort from the cheerleaders, and it has never been a problem. The people who have the most issues are the ones who stay at the same resorts as the kids. So if you can stay elsewhere, you should be fine. We found their impact on the parks to be minimal. They are otherwise occupied most of the day, and when we did see them, they were in smaller groups and were fine. I wouldn't change the week that I was going just to avoid cheerleaders, but I would change my resort to be somewhere they are not.

jeast
05-04-2005, 02:56 PM
from a former cheerleader coach who has chaperoned these trips...move.

Kimberly
05-04-2005, 03:06 PM
Ok I have yet another dilemma. I was looking on Intercot.com and found that in Feb. 06 there will be cheerleading competition going on for our first 5 days there. I know the groups will most likely stay in the All Star Resorts (we are staying at ASMo). Do you think it would be worth to upgrade to WL or AKL (my second choice in stay) to avoid their roudy ways? Or is it tolerable? Any comments or replies will be greatly appreciated.

Usually they put them in the all stars sports, and i'm sorry to tell you, yes we can be that bad. Looking back on what some of my friends were doing, such as staying up late and just hanging around the pools until the wee hours of the morning, some guests really will not like that. Usually though most of the competitions start early, so i was in bed by 9 or 10 p.m., because if i don't get a full night's rest, i become ultra-cranky.

But, stay at pop-century that week, or call and ask where they intend on putting the cheerleaders so you know to avoid that resort.

rockyroad
05-04-2005, 03:20 PM
As a mother of former UCA cheerleaders, I would say move. You will be right in the middle of the high school competition and there will be more cheerleaders than you ever knew existed.

During competition time, I did meet people on the bus who had no idea that anything unusual was going on. One lady was there with her daughter, who was about seven and the girl was thrilled by all the cheerleaders and had even been watching them on tv. It depends on your attitude and the noise level you can tolerate. When there with my daughter several years ago, Allstar Sports had put her team on two different sides of two different buildings. The sponsor wisely realized that this was a very bad idea and had gone to try to get it straightened out, so there were about 40 high school kids just waiting outside with nowhere to go and nothing to do except make noise and giggle. People complained, but what are you going to do? Oh, the schools here only allow the cheer teams to miss three days of school and two of those days are spent at competition, so if you can't move at least know that it doesn't last long. :cheer2:

When the Allstar cheerleaders come they include much younger kids and more parents, but it's still a lot of people.

We have been there during the college finals and you wouldn't know that they were there except that people were practicing(quietly) outside. I wouldn't move during the college competitons.

ccgegg
05-04-2005, 03:31 PM
We had a one-day overlap with the cheerleaders on our trip this past Feb. Didn't stay at the same resort as them, but if I was, I'd definitely move if at all possible. For the most part, they're great girls, but it's the noise and the occasional obnoxiousness that I can't deal with... especially on vacation.

acidreignn
05-04-2005, 04:05 PM

My very first visit to WDW was December 2002, and there were ALOT of cheerleaders. BUT I didnt have any problems with it. Yeah there was noise, and alot of cheering going on, and girls running around and moms just excited. I did witness a group of cheer leaders that lost their competition, and I hear one of the girls say something about not caring they lost, they mad it that far and they're in WDW! I thought that was great team spirit on her behalf. Her fellow teammates werent even upset. But anyways, I didnt have a hard time with them. But if you think you may, move to another resort.

Jasminesmommy
05-04-2005, 04:29 PM
This is my DD 1st year as a cheerleader and we have a schedule with 2 times in march in Orlando

March 10-13
March 24-26

Dodie
05-04-2005, 04:35 PM
See my history/signature below. The only "bad" (less than ideal) trip we've ever had at WDW was in 2000 when we stayed at the All Stars in March with a "bazillion" teenage cheerleaders. It was flat-out awful. No supervision. Lots of screaming and yelling at all hours! Pushing. Rudeness on the buses.

We had no beef with the All Stars or with the value resort concept vs. the moderates we'd stayed in in the past. Just the cheerleaders.

If you can move, I would say move. I am always positive about all things Disney, but cannot be positive about that trip. :sad2:

cheerbop
05-05-2005, 09:49 AM
This is my first post, and I just had to respond to this one. I coached Competitive Cheerleaders for 12 years. I have been to several National Competitions and I DID control MY team although some coaches do not. Even controlling my team, I would DEFINITELY say move. When you are on vacation you don't want to have to deal with a bunch of girls running around.
My young ladies were always well behaved, but I was used to some of their "antics" whereas you may not be...

My2BabiesLexis&Dill
05-05-2005, 10:23 AM
WL HERE WE COME. :cool1: Thanks to everyone that has commented on this.

First family trip to see the mouse--Feb 06