PDA

View Full Version : It is easier to get forgiveness than permission?

TxDisneyFan
05-04-2005, 08:23 AM
Help!

I narrowed our resort down to POFQ (which DH wanted me to book because of $$) and WL (which I really want). So I booked WL. Here's how I plan to justify it....

1. It's only a reservation and we can change it at any time, but if we don't make a ressie now, we may not get one when the codes for Dec come out.
2. With AP rate for December, the room should be discounted from $199 to $124 a night ($75 per night discount - going by July-Aug AP rates just released).
3. One of the top-rated hotels at WDW.
4. Two restaurants and 1 snack shop.
5. Great pool (is it heated in December?)
6. Christmas decorations should be awesome. And how about that fireplace for those chilly evenings?
7. Because I really, really want to, pretty please!
8. We won't be going back to WDW for 2 more years!

Any more to add? :rotfl:

Ilovestitch
05-04-2005, 08:30 AM
How about that you are spending money on this trip so you might as well spend a little more and stay in a resort that is closer to the MK.

Or you could show him the price at the Grand Floridian and say WL is just on the other side of the lagoon and look how much $$ you are saving by staying there!! :flower:

amyjo
05-04-2005, 08:34 AM
I'd personally go for it. We're staying at POR in December, but next trip I really want to stay at WL on our next trip.

And, my father always says it's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission! LOL!

vascubaguy
05-04-2005, 08:46 AM
I'm not sure the justifications will stand up to any budget issues. I mean, I would absolutely love to stay at the WL or Grand Floridian, etc... but I'd much rather spend the money on doing other things - or extending the stay.

You could always stay at both resorts.... spend most of the time at POFQ to make DH happy, but splurge a little and stay at WL a night or 2....

Just some thoughts... definately don't want to start the WDW vacation with the DH unhappy about the ressies.

Good luck.

Lewisc
05-04-2005, 09:06 AM
Reduce the length of your trip so you get the hotel you want and the budget your family can afford.

I could use your logic to justify upgrading to the POLY or even the GF. NONE OF US KNOW if your budget is a guideline or set in stone. It doesn't make sense to upgrade to WL if you're not going to be able to afford to eat in the restaurants.

TxDisneyFan
05-04-2005, 09:47 AM
My DH called a few moments ago. He asked if I made the reservation. "Yes", I told him. :rolleyes1 Then he says...."and where did you make the reservation?"

BUSTED!

I 'fessed up and told him. He just laughed. After almost 22 years of marriage, the man knows me too well. :love: :sad2:

To those that posted to this thread, thanks for the tips.

Our Christmas vacation happiness doesn't hinge on whether we get WL or POFQ. Either was fine with me. Guess I need to change my signature tag now. :rotfl:

4greatboys
05-04-2005, 10:09 AM
5. Great pool (is it heated in December?)

All the pools are heated, as is the water at the water parks.