PDA

View Full Version : Kudos To *CM*, beware of *CM* at CRO!

DanaHesson
05-03-2005, 09:05 PM
Leland at CRO/WDTC

I called tonight, originally getting "Bermuda". As soon as I heard her say her name, I almost hung up. I have read more than one post on the DIS with her name, none of them complimentary. She proceeded to tell me that not only did POP not have any availability from Nov 2-5, but when she double checked, she said that ALL the value resorts were booked! I immediatley went to the internet to check Disney's site, showing availability.

I called back and got Leland. He was FAB! We did our thing, and he overheard my mom (I was calling to make my parents a reservation to join us for my b-day trip, room only for now, to upgrade to MYW with dining after the school system approves her days off) ask about AAA discount in the background. He then proceeded to tell me how to handle it in the event she decided to do AAA, and actually sort of encouraged that she try, stating she would probably save substantially. He went above and beyond the call of duty, and was extremely pleasant. I left a comment on the "cast appreciation" comment line.

Anyone else have similar experiences? Maybe we could compile an informal list of who is great at CRO!

tubachick
05-03-2005, 09:10 PM
I agree, last year when planning for this year, I had called three times :guilty: and hung up before finally getting someone "nice" :flower: who could really help me. I had checked out internet prices, and availabity and knew exactly what I wanted, and the CM's were not very knowledgable. (sp) so I try - try - and try again when making ressies over the phone. :Pinkbounc glad yours had a good outcome. :cloud9:

lagunaseca
05-03-2005, 10:22 PM
:earseek: :earseek: I had a terrible conversation with "Bermuda" recently. Only CM at CRO I've ever had a problem with. She was awful. I hung up and got a great CM.

NCDisneyMom
05-03-2005, 11:01 PM
I just spoke to Leland today, myself! He was wonderful! :teeth:

tracy76
05-04-2005, 01:00 AM
I myself I talked to CRO at least once a day for the past week. Only had 1 be really nice, friendly, knowledgeable, only thing is I didn't get her name...I think it was Lita (sp). The one I talked to tonight was "ok" she seemed very short tempered with me. I apologized, explaining that this was my first disney resort vacation. So yes I agree, the fab one's should be recognized for the great work they do!!

Tracy

Jennasis
05-04-2005, 08:24 AM
I had TERRIFIC success with PAtricia Marie at CRO. She was exceptional in every way. I e-mailed Disney with a glowing report about her.

jpeltier
05-04-2005, 08:38 AM
Jade Rose,Shandy,and Neal are great too!!

tlbwriter
05-04-2005, 08:40 AM
I spoke to someone named Worthington, I believe (like I'd forget a name like that!) who was extremely friendly and helpful.

happybratpack
05-04-2005, 08:51 AM
I had Angelica last week - she was wonderful. I need to write a letter telling them so, I think the only way to get things changed is to report both the bad & good service. I hate holding forever then getting an unhappy CM.

llij
05-04-2005, 08:57 AM
I spoke with Kincaid (sp?) this morning and he was so wonderful! I had to call back later and spoke with another wonderful CM! I wish that I asked her name b/c she was so friendly and nice.

Both CM's I dealt with today were just wonderful! :sunny:

Dodie
05-04-2005, 09:05 AM
I had a great conversation with Jade Rose last week (before I decided to just book through AAA). She spent a lot of time checking prices and looking for any discounts for which I might be eligible. She was VERY pleasant!

DisneyDreamer2
05-04-2005, 09:10 AM
I have to say that Watson was wonderful! And Cameo on the dining line is awesome as well.

Chip 'n Dale Express
05-04-2005, 11:35 AM
I always love hearing the unique 'names' they all have :)

jenjersnap
05-04-2005, 11:39 AM
Took several tries on Sat trying to get MVMCP tix before I got Baxter who was wonderful, patient and completely in the know.

ILoveWDW2003
05-04-2005, 11:46 AM
Talked to XENA last night!!!!

Rachie0507
05-04-2005, 12:00 PM
A young man named Ashby (they all have unique names, huh?) worked on my existing reservation for me last month. I needed to add a first floor request to my own and my parent's reservations. He also offered to re-word the reservation so we were more likely to get connecting rooms. It is always nice when someone offers to go above and beyond what you ask of them.

ribbot
05-04-2005, 12:41 PM
Gee, I had a "normal" named CM---her name was Susan and she was wonderful! Spent over an hour with me when I changed our package from Dreamaker to MYW.

Susiesnowflake
05-04-2005, 06:12 PM
What a difference it makes to get those personable CMs, doesn't it? There are some that really spread that Disney Magic, and you can't help but hang up the phone with a smile on your face! Thank you to those wonderful CMs at CRO who make planning our trips all that more special! :)

corndog
05-04-2005, 06:18 PM
I have had the good fortune to speak with Topanga a couple of times in planning our next trip. I was also impressed with a recent phone encounter with Helga.

jenniskinni
05-04-2005, 06:20 PM
What is the deal with their names? OK, Colorado was really nice, but would someone really name their daughter Colorado? And this is coming from someone who likes different names(yes I named my daughter Davis). So do they get to make up their names or what? BTW, Colorado was way impressed with all the knowledge that I showed from living on Disboards!

DisneyTeacher
05-04-2005, 06:41 PM
I spoke with Rosetta this morning and she was wonderful. I was booking an IllumiNations cruise and I think she was more excited than I was. I talked to her for 15-20 minutes about different things I needed and wanted. I know she has worked for Disney for 8 years amd I can tell she truly loves her job.

corndog
05-04-2005, 07:13 PM
What is the deal with their names?

They are assigned unique names. That way when you say you spoke with Colorado, there will be no doubt about whom you're talking. That way you can compliment them (or complaint about them) and they'll know who you are talking about and it doesn't violate their privacy by having to give their complete name so that you may identify them. They're are not their real names.

eeyore45
05-04-2005, 09:13 PM
I spoke with Jade Rose, am I the only one when getting a "unique name" want to burst out laughing?? :rotfl2: I wanna say, "I know that's not your real name..." but I know that would be rude, and where is magic in a rude caller???

Still its hard not to LOL... :teeth:

CaseyJr
05-04-2005, 10:01 PM
I called a week ago to confirm a reservation. The CM I talked to had a very professional, trained voice, but there was just a hint of an underlying "southern" accent there. :listen: Before I hung up, we chit-chatted a few minutes about Disney vacations and how much fun they were, how he couldn't wait until he could go back, etc. By the end of the conversation, in his excitement about Disney, this CM had lost all trace of his "professional" accent and there was no doubt he was a Southerner! I was amused by the transformation! Don't recall his name, though.

jenjersnap
05-04-2005, 10:24 PM
The way this is thread is going has compelled me to share my embarrassing story! Feel free to giggle at me. :rotfl: I had NO idea the CM names were made up a few months ago when I was planning our last trip. Well, I got VERY excited one day when a young male CM answered the phone and said his name ... it was the same name as my 1-year-old, a very unusual old-fashioned family name, and I have never met a living person with the same name. So, I peppered him with questions "Were you teased as a teenager?" "Did you like having an unusual name?" "Have you ever met anyone else with the same name?" He patiently answered my questions in an amused fashion, finding each question funnier than the last.

Now I know. I feel like such an idiot. I wish he had said something to straighten me out. I am sure he wonders what kind of freaky parents would actually give a kid the fake name he was stuck with! Oh well, that would be us, Mr. & Mrs. Freak. :flower:

Becky2005
05-04-2005, 10:38 PM
I spoke with Jade Rose, am I the only one when getting a "unique name" want to burst out laughing?? :rotfl2: I wanna say, "I know that's not your real name..." but I know that would be rude, and where is magic in a rude caller???

Still its hard not to LOL... :teeth:

Yep!! Although, it was BECAUSE of the unique name one stuck out. I got Mars...she was very helpful and I actually got her on 2 different days (she remembered me after getting my address), I booked my fishing & horseback riding with her. Of course, I called in the afternoon and she had time to chit-chat. I just smiled inside when I first heard her name because Mars is certainly not one you hear everyday around here! :rotfl: When I was making all my morning PS, I have no clue who the CM's were and honestly it was strictly business, here's your confirmation, anything else... (but I completely understand that as they probably had a zillion people on the line waiting to see if they could get Cindy's or PSB).
Everyone else seemed to have basically normal sounding name or at least one that seemed plausible to me.

BigOnDis
05-04-2005, 10:40 PM
I talked to Helmquest (if I got it right) and he was very nice. I said I had a AP discount and he was puzzled, but looked at the notes and saw that they had just released AP discounts for July - August. He said that I was the first one that day to ask about it. We joked around that they would be getting flooded with calls today. Very funny and helpful.

I guess I have always lucked out and gotten good ones, never had a bad experience. The only relatively bad experience was when he corrected my pronounciation of Le Cellier. What can I say, I am from Illinois. He probably pronounces the "s" in Illinois.

Becky2005
05-04-2005, 10:52 PM
I guess I have always lucked out and gotten good ones, never had a bad experience. The only relatively bad experience was when he corrected my pronounciation of Le Cellier. What can I say, I am from Illinois. He probably pronounces the "s" in Illinois.

Must be an Illinois thing ;) - but I prefaced my request with "I have no idea how to pronounce this correctly....I would like a PS for Le Cellier! The one in Canada in Epcot" :rotfl:" Considering everytime I say it makes me get tongue tied practically but the CM just laughed (and I honestly don't remember how she said it when she confirmed it! It was early, I had also made a PS for the PSB, so I was tired!).

wildernesslodgelover
05-05-2005, 06:20 AM
I have spoken with "january" twice. i love that name and complimented her on it...now I realize it was a fake name...hehehehe!

BTW...I hope it is pronounced "Le Sell-YAY!" that is how I have been pronouncing it and I even forced my DH to stop calling in "Le Cellar."

jenniskinni
05-05-2005, 06:57 AM
The way this is thread is going has compelled me to share my embarrassing story! Feel free to giggle at me. :rotfl: I had NO idea the CM names were made up a few months ago when I was planning our last trip. Well, I got VERY excited one day when a young male CM answered the phone and said his name ... it was the same name as my 1-year-old, a very unusual old-fashioned family name, and I have never met a living person with the same name. So, I peppered him with questions "Were you teased as a teenager?" "Did you like having an unusual name?" "Have you ever met anyone else with the same name?" He patiently answered my questions in an amused fashion, finding each question funnier than the last.

Now I know. I feel like such an idiot. I wish he had said something to straighten me out. I am sure he wonders what kind of freaky parents would actually give a kid the fake name he was stuck with! Oh well, that would be us, Mr. & Mrs. Freak. :flower:
My kids have uncommon names too(at least they were when I named them) do you think it comes from have a name that at least 4 other kids in my class had every year of school, Jennifer? :teeth:

Debs1963
05-05-2005, 07:10 AM
I spoke with Bermuda a couple of days ago myself and she caused alot of unneccessary problems for me. I had called to check on something about my reservation for 5/14-5/21 at POR. I gave her my reservation number she proceeds to tell me that my reservation has been cancelled!!!!! I think I aged about 20years. I called the travel agent that I have been working with and told her about our "little problem". She quickly cleared everything up and my reservation had never been cancelled. I really don't know where she got her misinformation but as far as I'm concerned she is a real JERK!!! She was also very rude to me on the phone as well. WDW would be doing themselves a favor if fired her.

corndog
05-05-2005, 08:00 AM
I had a very similar experience with Bermuda a couple of weeks ago. I had called to see about adding an extra night on to one or our ressies and she proceeded to tell me that our other one (for the in-laws) had been canceled. She had me on the phone for 1/2 an hour in a panic, only to eventually determine that everything was fine and noo change had been made to the reservation.

Minnie824
05-05-2005, 09:37 AM
I just had to post...I called for MVMCP the other day and also got Leland! I usually don't write down their names all the time, but he was excellent! So helpful, friendly, and knowledgable!

bavaria
05-05-2005, 10:05 AM
Also did not experience a warm and fuzzy, relaxing time with Bermuda.... sigh....

But have had some really good ones lately, so in my experience at least things have improved.

Ducky4Disney
05-05-2005, 10:25 AM
Hey, what's the CM appreciation phone number? I would love to have that handy so I can compliment the super job the CM's do (most of them).

I believe Sequoia helped me with my May reservation, they do force you to remember the name that way!

D4D

dwfanatic
05-05-2005, 12:16 PM
Mitch was wonderful!! After waiting 50 min on hold trying to make PS's, we ended up getting cut off - I wasn't mad because I were we done making PS's and I was just trying to change some things around with other PS's- nothing major- but Mitch ended up calling me back because he didn't want me to wait so long on the phone again!!! I was so touched!! Thank you Mitch!!!! :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsboy:

UrsulasMyHero
05-05-2005, 04:52 PM
To compliment the CM's you would just call the 407-W-Disney number, and when you get a CM you'd ask for the compliment line. Or you can utilise e-mail at WDW.Guest.Communication@Disney.com

ForTheLoveofDisney
05-05-2005, 06:39 PM
Just wanted to ad my $.02 that I spoke w/ Sophie Lynn last Tuesday and she was terrific! She searched to find all available discounts and figured out the date my 90 day window would be for PS. She went above and beyond just making my ressies and she definately helped spread a little magic :wizard: my way.

Thanks, Sophie Lynn :wave2:

bavaria
05-06-2005, 04:38 PM
I had someone really great yesterday making changes to 2 upcoming stays, and after about 20 minutes on the phone I had to say goodbye to her very quickly - the Timeshare Store was calling me on the other line with a resale at DVC I'd been waiting for!!!

The CM at CRO was really sweet, and wished me luck and an advance 'welcome home'!

That's the kind of personal service I like to see from Disney, tough as it is for people working in call centres....

lagunaseca
05-06-2005, 05:44 PM
I spoke with Bermuda a couple of days ago myself and she caused alot of unneccessary problems for me. I had called to check on something about my reservation for 5/14-5/21 at POR. I gave her my reservation number she proceeds to tell me that my reservation has been cancelled!!!!! I think I aged about 20years. I called the travel agent that I have been working with and told her about our "little problem". She quickly cleared everything up and my reservation had never been cancelled. I really don't know where she got her misinformation but as far as I'm concerned she is a real JERK!!! She was also very rude to me on the phone as well. WDW would be doing themselves a favor if fired her.

Oh that sounds just like Bermuda. Thankfully I was only trying to make dining arrangements with her. I'd hate to think what would happen if she went near my room reservation. :earseek: We were going to go to WDW the 3rd week of June and I had made a couple p.s's. We had to move the trip up so I called and cancelled all my p.s. at least a couple of days before I called to make p.s. for my new dates. I asked Bermuda for availability at (and this is exactly what I said) "dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern on June 6th." She asked for all my info and said she had a 7:00. Then she asked me for my info again which was no biggie. She says, "I have dinner at 7:00 at Restaurant Marrakesh in Morocco." "HUH? I NEVER even thought Morocco never mind say it. I said, "I'm sorry, I am wanting Liberty Tree Tavern in the MK." She realized she goofed and got flustered and that's when she turned rude. In a rough tone she said, "So you want Liberty Tree on June 8th?" "No, June 6th." She says "You already made a p.s. for Liberty Tree on June 22. I can't double book you." I explained that I had already cancelled that p.s because we changed our dates. I wasn't trying to double book anything! She said sarcastically, "Well..." That's when I hung up. I called back and before I made my LTT reservation (which I got btw) I asked the CM to check to make sure my other p.s. from our old dates were indeed cancelled and she said that yes, they were. I told her about Bermuda and she told me to complain. You know, I'm not a hard person to deal with. I know people make mistakes, get overworked, overtired...I can take ditzy any day but the rudeness is what got to me. And just for the sake of argument, suppose I was in WDW for 3 weeks (will never happen unfortunately) and I wanted to eat at LTT on June 6th AND the 22nd? You mean they wouldn't book it for me? :sad2:

Luv2Roam
05-06-2005, 07:02 PM
I usually only call for dining res'. I remember speaking with Jade Rose, only because twice I have made res' with Audrey Rose. The roses just stuck in my mind. :rotfl:
Wasn't Audrey Rose a horror book from the 70's or 80's?
I wonder if they choose their names from soap operas. :rotfl: ;)

swilphil
05-07-2005, 06:58 AM
So what's the reason they have fake names? And how do they come up with these names?

Georgieut
05-07-2005, 09:23 AM
When I booked 3months ago. I talked with a guy whom I can't recall his name. He was great. Well I had a ressie but it was only going to be good for 24hrs. So hes like ok call back tomorrow to pay your deposit. So nice let me tell ya. So the next afternoon I called back to pay for it and I got him again can you imagine that. Funny part is I have a unique name for a girl. Georgie (real first name) so even before I said my name or my ressie number he said "is that you Georgie?" Awww made my day. Have to admit I changed my ressie a lot asking for requests adding things and all of the CM's were great but that first guy hands down was the best.

25 more days till Frist WDW trip. Wahooo

Chip 'n Dale Express
05-07-2005, 11:37 AM
So what's the reason they have fake names? And how do they come up with these names?
So that no one has the same name...

MazdaUK
05-07-2005, 11:51 AM
My first experience booking s PS was great - so efficient, and being wished "have a magical day" at the end made me go all mushy :love:

Then I got some jerk (whose name I cant remember) who cut across me to talk to a colleague about the way to use a computer and then cut me off!

then I had someone who, when I was booking a Fantasmic dinner package said "I'm sorry m'am the holiday specials will be over by then" HUH???? OK, I was booking on 12/21 so he was probably a bit fraught, but when I repeated "Fantasmic" not only did he apologise profusely (OK, fine, apology accepted) but KEPT ON apologising at intervals (filling in while the computer screen moved on? :bitelip: ) and gave me some more grovelling at the end of the call.

He seemed completely distraught over his little slip - did he not realise how much international calls cost ??? ;)

bytheblood
05-07-2005, 12:01 PM
Kinsey, Paulene Marie and Nehemiah are great as well.

Luigi's Girl
05-07-2005, 12:04 PM
I feel like such an idiot. I thought that I knew so much about Disney but boy as the saying goes you really do learn something new every day! I have been speaking to CMs for years and have always written down their names for future reference. Often I would chuckle and say "I'm sorry what was your name again?" It never even occurred to me that they use fake names. Wow. :confused3

LittleBoPeep
05-07-2005, 12:07 PM
I've had Leland help change our ressies when the AP rates came out. So nice and helpful! Emily at the recreation line was a great CM too, checking to make sure all of our reservations (PS's) were in order, not just our recreational reservations. I haven't heard of the compliment line before, but next time, I will definitely make sure that their hard work and help that they give us when we call is noted!! :goodvibes

UrsulasMyHero
05-07-2005, 09:47 PM
The stage names are used to distinguish each CM. How would you like to call and get 10 Mary's, 4 Michaels, 17 James' and 2 Diana's? With having a cast name, each CM is distinguishable. It provides the CM with a bit of anominity as well.

segue2life
05-07-2005, 10:16 PM
The stage names are used to distinguish each CM. How would you like to call and get 10 Mary's, 4 Michaels, 17 James' and 2 Diana's? With having a cast name, each CM is distinguishable. It provides the CM with a bit of anominity as well.

Thats exactly right! The reason a lot of the women have double names is due to there being so many castmembers there! 4 call centers in 3 states, makes it tough to give every girl a unique name....

With that being said, ALWAYS write down the name of the CM you spoke with... whether its a good or bad experience! Also, a lot of the names are kind of the same... example Audrey Rose, Amelia Rose, so it also helps to ask for the spelling... CM are told if theres been a compliment left for them, and they get recognition for that, so make sure if you leave a guest compliment, you spell the name too so they get it to the right person! Also if they booked your res, you can always leave the res # on the compliment line and tell them to look up the person who booked it to double check the stage name....

:)

Cindy B
05-08-2005, 08:58 AM
My DH works at a call center and they use operator numbers instead of real names. I like the idea of "stage names" though. I wonder if they get to pick them, based on personality, or they are presented with a bank of them, and they get to pick.. or does the team lead just say to them "You are Quishanda". and thats the end of it.

Alpha Omega
05-08-2005, 11:59 AM
I think depending how long you have been working at CRO, you used to get to pick your name. Now I think they assign them to you.

:earboy2: :earsboy:

segue2life
05-08-2005, 12:27 PM
I think depending how long you have been working at CRO, you used to get to pick your name. Now I think they assign them to you.

:earboy2: :earsboy:

Yep, they used to have a list where you could pick.... now they say, ok your stage name is blah blah.

I personally think they need to redo the list, due to the amount of people leaving CRO (transfers, etc), and let some of those poor girls who are stuck with 2 names, go down to 1! heheh

UrsulasMyHero
05-08-2005, 05:02 PM
My DH works at a call center and they use operator numbers instead of real names. I like the idea of "stage names" though. I wonder if they get to pick them, based on personality, or they are presented with a bank of them, and they get to pick.. or does the team lead just say to them "You are Quishanda". and thats the end of it.
My friend who works at CRO says that at the end of their training course, the trainer had written the names up on the board with several fake names as well. Each CM was asked what their name was, and if they got it right they were congratulated, if they got it wrong, they were told. "Im sorry but the role of (XXXXX) was given to someone else." And at the end, they were given their names. *chuckles* She got stuck with a doozy that I can't reveal.

ribbot
05-08-2005, 05:08 PM
Like I said, my CM was named Susan---what's so strange about that? :confused3

I don't know if that was her real name or a "stage" name, but whoever she is---she saved me a LOT of money!!!!!

Dizz42
05-08-2005, 05:48 PM
Last November, I was trying and trying to get CR 14th Floor and ended up with Amara Elaine who was wonderful! Not only was she friendly and efficient and got us the reservation, when we checked to the CR weeks later, we were presented with a Magical Moment certificate for our Anniversary signed by Amara Elaine. How sweet! She was just excellent! :love:

bavaria
05-09-2005, 10:12 AM
Does anyone remember when their stage names were Disney themed? ie you could make a reservation with Buzz... and Flower.... etc etc etc