PDA

View Full Version : Would this be crazy?

RKB
05-03-2005, 08:26 PM
I am going to go on a Disney Cruise in 2006. After the cruise me and my two sons would like to go to the Magic Kingdom for 3 days. Since we live in AZ we won't be going there too often. We would like to experience the Poly, Grand Floridian and AKL. Would it be too crazy and time consuming to change hotels once a day? We would have to check out by 11:00 each day and move our bags to the next hotel and probably not get our rooms till 3:00! But at least we could say that we stayed at the Poly once or the AKL or whatever. Any thoughts anyone? Would you just stay at one hotel and visit the others? TIA!

ctrabada
05-03-2005, 08:32 PM
I personally think it would be crazy. You would have to live literally out of your suitcase for 3 days, move to a new resort every single one of them and then take a long flight back home... Plus I don't think you would get to enjoy each resort because between breakfast, check out, transfer to the new resort and check-in, it would take a lot of time away from actually enjoying the resort. And you can always go visit the other resorts you want to see without the hassle. Just my opinion.

disneybride96
05-03-2005, 08:37 PM
I have to agree. It would barely give you time to enjoy the resort. Don't know how long your cruise is, but I prefer to do Wdw first then the cruise.

mom2grace
05-03-2005, 08:39 PM
Have you thought about doing the parks before the cruise? The parks are non-stop, the cruise is relaxing.

Or, you could stay 1 or 2 nights before the cruise, then 1-2 nights after and hit two resorts.

tubachick
05-03-2005, 08:43 PM
You can't really enjoy a resort if you check in sleep, and check out. Maybe you can stay at one for two nights and then a second one?? :confused3 instead of three different ones, I understand the need to squeeze :crowded: it all in, but you want to have a little relaxation in your trip? right? whatever you choose, enjoy yourself. :wave2:

Ladyhawke10
05-03-2005, 08:45 PM
I think it would be do-able, but you'd be looking at it like an adventure rather than time to relax after your cruise (but maybe that's what you're looking for!). On our first ever visit to WDW, we stayed in 5 deluxe resorts in 16 days because I wanted to stay in all of them!!! :love: :confused3

We went for three a piece and then four the last stretch. Your visit would be a little more intense, given three resorts in three days (yikes!) however you would not have to move your stuff, Disney does it for you, and the diff in check-out/ check in is not that big of a deal since you'd be exploring your new resort in that time anyway! Yes, you'd have to live out of a suitcase and not unpack but lots of people do that anyway, even when they stay put. I think you might have fun...then again, it might be easier to split your stay between something like AKL (one night) and then a monorail resort for two nights since you could visit the Poly from the GF, for example, very easily and it would be one less move. The AKL is in a completely different location than the other deluxes, and a must-see, IMHO, so I think it might be advantageous to start there and maybe try Poly or GF for two nights, and just have dinner at the other rather than switch a third time. It's up to you, but I think you'll have a blast! The GF gets my recommendation for a monorail resort--it's my favorite resort at WDW :cloud9:

RKB
05-03-2005, 10:43 PM
Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately we can't go to the Magic Kingdom before the cruise because of school scheduling. We can only stay at MK after the cruise. I can see both sides. We will be spending alot of time in the parks so will not have alot of time at the resorts. But it could be done if we wanted to go all out and go for it. I guess I am trying to cram in the most I can in case we never go back. I need to decide what is better to relax more and make it easier or go crazy and try three hotels and have a funny story to tell later....it sounds good now, but I may be exhausted when the time comes!

franw
05-03-2005, 11:08 PM
You will go back if you have a great time but if it is a big hassle never feeling like you had any time between room changes, you may not. I'd pick your #1 choice of resorts and go with it. Then you will have a new resort to look forward to when you come back. Sooner than you may think. Have a great time.

the kabuki
05-03-2005, 11:30 PM
http://www.talkgold.com/forum/images/smilies/fear.gif
Just thinking about that scares the bejeezes out of me.

Yes, I'd call it crazy, but then I wouldn't switch hotels at all, even in a 7 night stay. 3 hotels in 3 days? Yikes!

The parks are, well I won't say stressful, but crazy enough, without having to keep checking in and out, plus that's a ton of park time wasted.

Pick one resort for your 3 days, then have dinner each night at the other resorts.

yusinskas
05-04-2005, 12:50 AM
I think it is a bad idea. The only thing you can't do at a resort unless you're staying there is the pool. So, unless you intend to spent ALOT of time at the pool, it wouldn't be worth it. The rest can be seen by just stopping by the resort. The rooms are comparable in all 3 resorts, so that's alot of hassle just for a change in decorations.

If you must visit all three, I would recommend staying at AKL for the 3 days. You can take a midday break or two from the MK, hop on the monorail, and explore the hotels. Perhaps make a PS for O'Hana, or Narcoosee's.

I stayed at the Boardwalk Inn on my last visit, and one day when we needed a rest, we spent a few hours exploring the Contempory, Poly and GF by way of the monorail. You can enjoy them just as much when not staying there. The only thing I missed was the transportation... After being spoiled by the monorail, I didn't enjoy the buses.

If you plan to spend most of your time in the MK, just for the sake of the transportation issues I'd drop AKL from your list, and choose either the Poly and GF, and make a PS at AKL one night, and set aside some time for exploring the resort before or after.

DisneyJen0504
05-04-2005, 10:31 AM
I would choose your favorite of the three resorts- and visit the other two-maybe a breakfast at Poly before ging to the parks, or dinner at AKL? You will enjoy the resorts more if you arent rushed. :)