PDA

View Full Version : Hair color/cut??

ironz
05-03-2005, 02:24 PM
Was thinking about getting a trim and having highlights done to kill some time while I'm in the World (before my friends arrive)...is the GF hair place good?? any recommendations for stylists/colorists?

Thanks!! :wave2:

safetymom
05-03-2005, 05:06 PM
Bumping. I would like to help but I don't have a clue.

MinnieM3
05-03-2005, 06:04 PM
Getting my hair done at Ivy Trellis is a real treat for me! I LOVE Carmen and would highly recommend her. She is wonderful. She did my first highlights! Do get her if you go.

Ducky4Disney
05-03-2005, 06:19 PM
Cool! I'm assuming that the Ivy Trellis is at GF? Is there a price list somewhere? What about other places to get your haircut in WDW? (other than on Main Street)

D4D

wanna-b-Tink
05-03-2005, 07:14 PM
Shaunda at Periwigs always did my cut and color. She was great. She did multiple shades of red and blonde for me - hubby thought it was really HOT! In fact, we were going to WDW every 4 months for a while just so she could do my hair. But she works off property now, which doesn't help you. (Was that TMI?)

bavaria
05-03-2005, 07:41 PM
Can't remember her name but the woman at Coronado Springs did a GREAT job last December - in fact I just looked in the mirror sadly at my (bad) haircut and was thinking that it's a good excuse to go back to WDW this May!!! I like the salon at CSR since it has only two chairs, and usually one person working, so it's very very quiet and relaxing.

babybunrab
05-03-2005, 07:49 PM
My sister (who has very naturally curly, very unusually colored hair) had her hair cut and colored in January at Ivy Trellis to correct a hair color...accident, I guess you could call it. It was expensive, (to me, anyway, as I don't color my hair, not that I don't need it :rolleyes: ) around $150.00, I think, but she was very pleased and it looked great.

bavaria
05-03-2005, 07:59 PM
I believe that my cut was less than $40 (I gave a huge tip because it was so inexpensive, and so GOOD).....

ironz
05-03-2005, 10:48 PM
Is Ivy Trellis at GF??

p.s. babybunrab...you're an athlete, too...very cool. I'll be in the World for the 1/2 Ironman in May. :)

LindsayDunn228
05-04-2005, 05:51 AM
Can I give you some advice? When I went to WDW on my honeymoon, I had really long hair. I had grown it out for my wedding. I knew after the wedding I wanted to get it cut and shortened considerably. I thought it would be AWESOME to do this in WDW.

But I got to thinking. If I'm going to get a different cut/color, I want the person doing it to be the one who is going to be maintaining it for me. I know a minor trim won't make that big of a difference. But you may want to think about the highlights.

Just a thought :)

bavaria
05-04-2005, 09:22 PM
But I got to thinking. If I'm going to get a different cut/color, I want the person doing it to be the one who is going to be maintaining it for me. I know a minor trim won't make that big of a difference. But you may want to think about the highlights.

Just a thought :)

Actually, it now gives me an excuse to go back to WDW regularly - 'oh it's time for a haircut, have to book my flight'! :rotfl:

LindsayDunn228
05-05-2005, 05:34 AM
LOL! My hubby said the same thing to me!! :)

rmontgo892
05-05-2005, 11:14 AM
Was thinking about getting a trim and having highlights done to kill some time while I'm in the World (before my friends arrive)...is the GF hair place good?? any recommendations for stylists/colorists?

Thanks!! :wave2:

The Ivy Trellis is at the GF and they are wonderful! I have been going for about 9 yrs! We were vacationing about every 3-4 months for a bit so they were my "regular" salon. ;) The prices are comparable to a normal higher end salon. I paid no more than I can back home. Shampoo, highlight, cut, and blow dry...around $120 before tip depending on length of hair.

I have at times called in advance before I arrived at WDW because just like other salons they can book up. Don't be surprised if ya get an answering machine. They will call back!

The stylists are ALL good, imho! :flower:

kgkmom
05-05-2005, 12:28 PM
My DD had her hair trimmed in MK on our last trip, and loved it! Granted, this was simply a trim, and most of the customers in there were CM's, but they did a great job. They did the colored gel and 'pixie dust', and put in some mini-French braids along the sides. This was at the Barber Shop right next to the City Hall.

We went to EPCOT for dinner right afterwards, and the server said, "oh, I see you've been to the Magic Kingdom!". DD thought that was fantastic. She can't wait to get her hair trimmed at MK on our next trip. She's 11, going on 28, and this is one of those things that I think she'll always do, no matter how old she is-definitely not just a kiddie thing!

I also gave a large tip, considering the trim was $12.