PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Boardwalk Villas for 1st ann....

chipper10
05-03-2005, 01:41 PM
I'm thinking about staying at the Boardwalk Villas for my 1st anniversary and renting points. I'm still kinda new to all this. Has anyone stayed at the BW before? Is it romantic? We stayed at the WL for our honeymoon in February this year and it was gorgeous. We just want to try somewhere new. We would be going Feb 4th - 9th or so. So I do know that it'll be somewhat cold. We went to the BW Bakery on our past trip and enjoyed some really good desserts. Oh well......anyway...if anyone has an opinion about this resort please let me know. Thanks for all your help.

-Nicole princess:

Squirlz
05-03-2005, 01:54 PM
I love this place. The resort itself is quiet, beautiful and romantic. The nightlife is exciting, many of the best restaurants are nearby, and you can walk to EPCOT and MGM. What more could you want? ::MickeyMo

chipper10
05-03-2005, 01:58 PM
That's what I was hoping to hear. Thank you so much for your quick response. Any more opinions out there.

-nicole princess:

northwds
05-03-2005, 02:36 PM
In Nov/04 we went to WDW with our best friends to celebrate their 25th wedding anniversary. I was in charge of the accommodations and booked a BW studio villa for each of us for Sun thur Thurs followed by 2 nights at the Wilderness lodge. It was our friends first visit to WDW.....they choose that as their destination based on our raving about WDW for 2 years. They loved the trip and the accommodations. I booked the studios at BW villas through the Dis Boards DVC rent/trade site and got the WL thru Central Reservations. I was my third experience with renting a DVC property from an owner, all transactions have gone smoothly. BWV is an excellent resort for trips to Epcot and MGM and WL is just wonderful for those MK days and nights. We all had a great time. They are now sworn to return with us for our 25th anniversery trip in 2009. My husband is always checking with them to see if their WDW '09 trip fund is still up and running.

sacall
05-03-2005, 02:49 PM
We stayed at the BW Villas in November for our 10th Anniversary. We spent two days at the Food & Wine Festival. The location was great - short walk to EPCOT and lots of things to do on the Boardwalk. However, our room, for what we paid, was disgusting. We had a one bedroom. The room was very run down. The first night, the toilet overflowed and soaked the bathroom and the carpet outside of the bathroom. Luckily, my husband knew how to shut off the water or the whole room would have been under water! It took over an hour to get someone up to our room and at that point, the water had started to leak through the floor into the store below. (I know this because we went with another couple and Bev and I went down to the store while the guys waited for the Disney people to clean up. Water was pouring through the lights down in the Boardwalk store).

They cleaned up the water, but the carpet was still soaking wet around the bathroom door. I didn't even want to walk on the carpet with my bare feet because it was so dirty looking. The furniture was really run down. The whole room could have used a bit of sprucing up or redoing. I really was not impressed by the BW Villas. I would try the B&Y Villas, they are a lot newer.

Stacy

DisneyFreak43
05-03-2005, 02:53 PM
We just returned from a quick 3 night Disney trip and stayed our last night in a studio villa. It was wonderful! We also rented points, and everything went smoothly- our room was on the 1st floor with a patio that looked out at the front driveway. One of my sons remarked that we had kids on either side of us- I would never had known, didn't hear a peep when the doors were closed! I noticed lots of couples strolling the boardwalk hand-in-hand, I think this is a great choice for an anniversary!

chipper10
05-03-2005, 04:37 PM
Any other thoughts out there?

Sammie
05-03-2005, 06:54 PM
What size unit are you renting. If a studio, you will have one bed and a sofa sleeper. A mini frig, sink and microwave. A one bedroom unit will have a master bedroom with king bed, huge bathroom with jacuzzi and a living room, with dining area and full kitchen. You will also have a small laundry area.

Since you are renting from a DVC member you will not get daily maid service unless you pay extra. On the 4 day you will get trash and towel service.

Also just be sure you realize this is a private transaction between you and the member you are renting from. Most transactions go very smoothly. A very few don't. Disney will not intervene on your behalf if you should have any problems.

Just make sure you have a good working relationship with your DVC member. It's a beautiful resort, with great restaurants and lots of shopping and entertainment.

CoolDisneyCat
05-03-2005, 11:32 PM
We have stayed at BWV 4 times and have loved it each time. Once we were in a studio and the rest in an one bedroom. If the money is ok, I would go for the one bedroom. The big tub and huge shower are so nice as is the king size bed.

Our room has always been in very good repair and I have only had to leave notes about very minor things like lightbulbs out. As far as not having housekeeping everyday, I don't miss it. It is nice to take a nap without then knocking on the door.

We love the Boardwalk area. You are so close to Epcot and so many wonderful restaurants. Our favorites are Flying Fish, Spoodles, and Yachtsman Steakhouse.

tinkerbell of winter
05-04-2005, 12:11 AM
We just got back from WDW and stayed in a Boardwalk View Studio in the Villas. I found it to be very convenient and nice with the walk to Epcot so close and MGM just a little bit farther. I wouldn't be concerned about getting a Boardwalk View the next time, we spent very little time in our room so the view wasn't really a priority as I thought it might be, we had a completely enclosed balcony on the second floor so the only way my daughter could see anything was if she stood on a chair to look over the wall. The balcony was quite roomy though and nice. I would definitely stay there again, I loved the theming and feeling like I was staying in a Deluxe Resort. I don't know if SSR will feel like that since it is so large. I would definitely recommend the Boardwalk to anyone, we loved our room and it was very convenient. Be sure to take a walk across the lake to visit Beaches and Cream at the Beach Club, we ate there one night and it's a fun place, they also have take out. It was my first stay as a DVC member and I was very pleased with the room. I also think they put a little extra soundproofing in the Deluxe Resorts because you would have thought we were the only ones there, while at POP Century I knew exactly when the neighbors were taking a shower or using the bathroom. Other than that POP rooms weren't bad either though.

Eeyore2003
05-04-2005, 12:25 AM
DH and I are 51 and 50 respectively and rented points for a one bedroom at Boardwalk Villas in December. It was SO romantic. The Boardwalk Inn is quiet and adult in itself and the one bedroom villa is awesome. We also rented points for a studio in OKW, and the one bedroom is MUCH more romantic than the studio. The addition of the extra rooms, jacuzzi, king sized bed and the quiet atmosphere are so relaxing. You also can't beat being so close to Epcot and of course the Boardwalk itself which is so beautiful at night. Love it!!!

We're trying the Beach Club Villas, one bedroom next November just for a change. We've stayed at the Boardwalk twice now and would like to try a different pool, and we're taking our 8 year old neice and thought that pool also would be nice for her. After the great price and awesome accomodations, it's very hard to go back to a "regular" room once you've tried a DVC unit. We've even checked into joining, but can't afford it right now, so renting points is our only option to take advantage of it.