PDA

View Full Version : All star movies

froggieos1
05-03-2005, 01:30 PM
I have a question about All star movies, but I guess it can apply to any resort. We made reservations there about 4 months ago for 5/15-5/21. Some friends were gonna come at the same time. They never made reservation cause they were not sure if they could come until now. Well now it shows that there are no rooms left for that time frame. Well, they called yesterday, to the Disney world reservations lines, and made reservations to stay at all stars movies, and they were told there are rooms available.

How is this possible? When I check on disney world site, or on expedia it shows no rooms available. Is disney overbooking? We won't get there til late in the evening on the 15th, will there be a room for us?

Thanks,
Ondy

javaj
05-03-2005, 01:38 PM
I'm not sure I understand your question. If you have a confirmed reservation, with your deposit made, then you'll be given a room at check-in. Sometimes, guests are accomodated at a different resort, but that doesn't happen often.

If your friends are told that there are no rooms available for certain dates, then they won't be allowed to make a reservation for those dates. If they are told that there are rooms available, then there were rooms available at the time it was checked. Availability can change at any time.

Since 5 days prior to check-in is the cutoff for cancelling room-only reservations, it sometimes helps to check for availability due to cancellations at that time.

froggieos1
05-03-2005, 01:45 PM
I guess what I am saying is, that all the places online say it is sold out, but they called disney and they say it is not. How can online say it is sold out, but if you call them they said it isn't?

Ondy

javaj
05-03-2005, 01:53 PM
I guess what I am saying is, that all the places online say it is sold out, but they called disney and they say it is not. How can online say it is sold out, but if you call them they said it isn't?

Ondy

Ah, sorry I missed that part.

Availability does change all the time, and it is possible that the online reservation system doesn't have the same parameters as the non-online reservations systems. For instance, maybe online systems show no availability if a resort is at 95% capacity, or something like that. And I don't know if Expedia's systems are updated real-time. Anyway, I'm just guessing, but I wouldn't worry about getting a room as long as you have a confirmed reservation.

PoohHappens
05-03-2005, 02:09 PM
Everyone is right availibility changes all the time. I would not worry at all about a reservation made directly with CRO. We make all our reservations that way and never use a travel agent or online company other than for research. Expedia may only be able to book a certain total number of rooms. Online may be limited in how close to the reservation it can scedule, I do not know. I hope you have a wonderful time. We stayed at ASMovies last September and had a wonderful time. Our son loved the icons. Also when we checked in we requested toy story because it was one of our son's favorite movies. It was unavailible, but we statyed in the dalmation building on the front side of the resort. It was so close to the main lobby and food court, it was great and my son loved to go out and hug the puppy every morning. Also we found that if you walked out past the mightyducks building you could use the bus stop at music and it was as close if not closer and during our time was always less crowded. The mighty ducks and herbie buildings were further away from the main areas, but really quiet if that appeals to you. There were many kids playing in the toystory courtyard (Andy's Room) so it was a little noisy.