PDA

View Full Version : Dolphin Question: Anyone Ever Upgraded To Club Level Using SPG Points?

AndyMcV
05-03-2005, 11:14 AM
Hi Gang

We're going to the Dolphin from May 29th to June 9th and we have a lake view room booked. I have 13,000+ spg points and I'm a gold member. We want to upgrade to club level using our points (1000 per night). Has anyone ever done this before? What's your experience?

Thanks,
Andy

Kapp
05-03-2005, 12:54 PM
and used our SPG points to upgrade to Club Level. I am pretty sure that the Dolphin charges 1,500 points a night for Club Level even though it says 1,000 on some sites. We asked for Club Level access but requested a non-Club Level room as we wanted a room with a balcony (which we got!) and a great view of Epcot for Illuminations (we got that too!). It as a little walk to go to the Club Level Hospitality Room but the view and balcony made it more than worth it! I have heard that they are trying to stop this and just have Club Level privleges for those actually staying on the Club Level. We purchased the Club Level the stated 5 days before we arrived and were glad we did as when we checked it, they were out of Club Level access. There was huge convention there and at check-in, some of the attendees upgraded to Club Level.

The Dolphin is a GREAT hotel and we loved all of it. Being able to go to the CLub Level and get a good breakfast, water bottles and evening snacks was a great perk.

Have a great time!

MSC
05-03-2005, 01:18 PM
[QUOTE=Kapp]Being able to go to the CLub Level and get a good breakfast, water bottles and evening snacks was a great perk.
[QUOTE]

Kapp - just curious - we are staying club level in June, and one of the main reasons is to save on the breakfast expense. But I'm wondering - what are the breakfast items available? I assume the standard asst. of cold cereals, but what else?

For what it's worth, I booked my room as a club level room, and that whole thing is on points, and it worked out that club level was only an extra 1,000. So I don't know if that's because it's an advanced reservation v. an upgrade at check-in, or because it's fewer points when the entire reservation is points, or what. But I was not charged 1,500 points per night.

MSC
05-03-2005, 01:22 PM
[QUOTE=Kapp]Being able to go to the CLub Level and get a good breakfast, water bottles and evening snacks was a great perk.
[QUOTE]

Kapp - just curious - we are staying club level in June, and one of the main reasons is to save on the breakfast expense. But I'm wondering - what are the breakfast items available? I assume the standard asst. of cold cereals, but what else?

For what it's worth, I booked my room as a club level room, and that whole thing is on points, and it worked out that club level was only an extra 1,000 per night. So I don't know if that's because it's an advanced reservation v. an upgrade at check-in, or because it's fewer points when the entire reservation is points, or what. But I was not charged 1,500 points per night.

Kapp
05-03-2005, 02:26 PM
on the Dolphin was the usual cereal, pastries, etc. but the pastries were made on site and not some pre-packages thawed assortment like at some resorts. There was a number of fresh juices, a lot of fresh fruit, many good cereals, etc. The breakfast was the main reason we wanted access too and it was worth it!