PDA

View Full Version : Best Resorts for resort hopping?

kcbean
05-03-2005, 10:25 AM
On our non park days, we would like to resort hop at night to take in some of the extra activities. Which resorts are the best for this? We have small kids and would be interested in things that would entertain them as well. I have heard the AK is fun for kids. Any others that you would suggest? We leave in nine days for POP. Thanks!

Bob P
05-03-2005, 10:35 AM
Hi KCBean,

Definitely the Swan/Dolphin/YC/BC/BW area. There's lots to see and you can walk to any of the other four hotels from any one in the group. You can also walk to any of those five hotels from Epcot (but you would have to enter the park) or the Studios (you don't have to enter the park).

Have fun!

Bob

spiceycat
05-03-2005, 11:03 AM
the MK resorts - they are on the monrail - takes it easier - Cont, Polyn and GF. then if you still have time - take a boat to WL/VWL - then you can walk/boat over to FW.

kcbean
05-03-2005, 11:17 AM
Thanks for your input. I guess my question is really are there things to do at the different resorts or do folks just do it to see the other hotels? Thanks!

oogieboogie
05-03-2005, 11:31 AM
AKL I think has great activities for adults and kids. They have night viewing of the animals, storytelling time around the fire pit, kids get to do scavenger hunts, kids parade in the evening at the Zawadi marketplace. Plenty to do. Just ask the front desk for a sheet of activities.

finnie48
05-03-2005, 11:47 AM
Hi kcbean,

Lots of things to do on the Boardwalk in the evening - games, ride the Surrey bike, snack places. Get on the boat and just ride the Epcot, MGM loop without getting off. As Bob P. said, check out all five hotels - the Dolphin has an impressive lobby. Good ice cream there also at the Fountain. We think the whole Crescent Lake area is very pretty at night. We like to grab a snack, find a table on the boardwalk and people watch. You can also catch the high stuff of Illuminations from the bridge between the BWI and the BC.