PDA

View Full Version : SMOKERS!!! Concierge at WL????

tinkerrn
05-02-2005, 07:09 PM
Read somewhere that the 7th floor at WL concierge is smoke free. Where do those who do smoke stay?? If you are a smoker and have stayed on another floor, what was it like? Did they give you a key for access to concierge level? Did you recieve the same amenities as the concierge floor?

TIA!! :sad2:

Kimberly
05-02-2005, 07:48 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if many buildings at disney are completely smoke free, but then again i go to college in new york and smoking is illegal in any indoor public place. I'm pretty sure they all have balconies though, where's the harm in smoking off your balcony?

DizBelle
05-03-2005, 03:17 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if many buildings at disney are completely smoke free, but then again i go to college in new york and smoking is illegal in any indoor public place. I'm pretty sure they all have balconies though, where's the harm in smoking off your balcony?

Unless you're on the balcony above trying to enjoy the evening.....

Smokers need to go to a designated smoking area if they are going to smoke. The balcony of a non-smoking room is not the place.

Pooh1219
05-03-2005, 04:22 PM
I'll preface my comments by stating that I am a smoker, and I do follow all the rules and regulations for smoking at WDW. Some people disagree or have a different opinion, but I have been personally told by two CMs at WL that if you are in a non-smoking room, you may NOT smoke on the balcony. I'm sure that is to ensure that the other non-smokers around you are not bothered by the smoke. Seems like a fair rule to me.

We stayed on the third floor, I believe, in a smoking room, overlooking the villas, and were allowed to smoke on our balcony. There are also ashtrays at the entrance to the lodge so I assume you may walk over to that area to have a smoke.

Tron72
05-04-2005, 07:59 AM
Hey everyone, just 8 days out until I am back at the LODGE, the one and only the WILDERNESS LODGE. I myself am not a smoker, but my parents are, so of course a smoking room is needed so that they enjoy the the Disney Experience, and they also follow the smoking rules that Disney has put forth.

As of right now, the Wilderness Lodge has one smoking floor and that is on the 6th floor on the side that faces the Magic Kingdom, so you either get a Woods View and get to watch the "Wishes" fireworks show from your room, aslo a very nice view of Otter Pond which from time to time can see a family of Otters playing, or there is the Court Yard View.

I have been to the Lodge a great deal of times in the past and remember when smoking was on the opposit side of the hotel, I guess they rotate it from time to time.

I am not sure how the Concierge will handle or accomadate those who smoke, you would have to call them and ask them as I have not stayed on the Concierge Level at the Lodge.

My own personal oppinion, is I like the wing they offer now for smokers, it seems even more secluded, and love seeing the Castle and the fireworks from my room.

Tron 72
:cool1: Heading home in 8 Days, Wilderness Lodge here I come. :cool1: