PDA

View Full Version : Port Orleans

rsoxrule
05-02-2005, 04:55 PM
We are making our 3rd family visit it WDW in June. Travel agent made our reservations at PO Riverside. Several years ago when we visited my brother and his family stayed at PO-FQ how does Riverside compare - pros and cons please.

Is one more 'convenient' than the other?

Thanks

Tink
05-02-2005, 05:19 PM
We have stayed at both. Riverside is larger. It has a main, themed pool and quiet ones (no theme). The food court is good and Boatwright's is the sit down. We really like it, and eat there once a trip. The resort has the bayou and mansion sections. There are four bus stops around the resort. It is much bigger the FQ

We prefer POFQ, since it is smaller. We have little ones (now 3 & 6) and all of the rooms are close to the main sections. My Dh and I like the theme of the resort better, also. It doesn't have a sit down, but it's a short walk to Riverside.

The bus picks up and drops off at FQ first. That's another plus.

We stayed there last December, again and loved it. I also think I have a soft spot for FQ since it was the first place I satyed on site, way back when!

JBUZZ2
05-02-2005, 07:57 PM
Just stayed at POR and loved it- yes, it is kind of spread out but if you ask for a bldg close to the main lobby its a very short walk- We stayed in the AB bldgs and loved the theming- this is personal preference- the landscaping is lush and beautiful- we took the boat over to POFQ to use the pool- we did like the pool slide but did not care for the theming at all- you can check out pictures of both resorts at www.allearsnet- we liked having a sit down restaraunt on site too- and you can't beat the ammenities POR has to offer- guests staying at POFQ can use them to but you have to take the boat over whereas being there already was very conveinent- we rented a motor boat, did catch and release fishing and took a carriage ride- would definatley pick POR over FQ but again based on personal preference on overall atmosphere.

Lizzybee
05-02-2005, 09:22 PM
Another plus at POR is Bob Jackson the piano man at the River Roost Lounge. He is a ton of fun for the whole family. We loved him! Of course you can come see Bob from POFQ too. We love POR as a family. We only made a short trip to POFQ and it seemed fine, although the bldgs struck me as more hotel-ish. I don't really know why. I think either one is a wonderful choice really. Seriously though, either one you choose whatever you do, make time to go to Boatwrights for breakfast one morning their breakfasts are especially wonderful...Blueprint Omlettes and Sweet Potato Pancakes with Walnut butter (or was it Pecan?) were both fabulous!