PDA

View Full Version : resort coffee pot ?

educator
05-02-2005, 01:55 PM
We'll be at the Poly in 9 days and we'll be ordering a coffee pot for the room. Can anyone tell me what else is provided, if anything, with the coffee pot?

brentalex
05-02-2005, 03:00 PM
at the resorts where we have stayed they provide a packet of regular coffee, a packet of decaf, some sugar, powdered 'creamer' and stirrers. We never use the coffee they supply, we bring our own filters and coffee. What they supply is just not very good. We drink Starbucks french roast and the stuff in the packets in the hotel is just not quite the same.

Chrisypoo
05-02-2005, 08:54 PM
The coffee that they supply is truly awful...if you're used to Starbuck's, think 10 times worse than Maxwell House. Definately bring your own!

SteinsLaFemme
05-03-2005, 03:45 AM
What kind of filters do I need? I'll be staying at the BC.

CaipiraBob
05-03-2005, 04:07 AM
We'll be at the Poly in 9 days and we'll be ordering a coffee pot for the room. Can anyone tell me what else is provided, if anything, with the coffee pot?

Egads! You actually believe they'll give you coffee?!? Disney stocks "Nescafe" amigo, it aint coffee...

In addition, water at the Poly is pumped in directly from the 7 Seas Lagoon. I'm joking, of course, but it sure tastes like they do. It will utterly and completely destroy any coffee that the tap water comes in contact with. My eyes are tearing at the thought.

In all seriousness, bring your own coffee and water. Bring a percolator or drip machine if possible. We always bring our own supply of coffee and machine, then get water from the concierge. Tap water at Disney is undrinkable, it's a crime to mix it with coffee grounds, IMHO.

Finally, a couple of packs of Starbucks and some gallons of filtered or spring water should do fine with the machine in the room. I'm not kidding when I talk about the tap water and Nescafe. It's reeeeeeal bad. :crazy2:

Chrisypoo
05-07-2005, 01:45 PM
What kind of filters do I need? I'll be staying at the BC.

I brought the regular basket-type that I use for my 10-12 cup coffee pot at home. They actually use the 4 cup pots, but you can squish the 10 cup filters a little and they fit fine. I just couldn't see the point of spending the money on a 100-pack of filters when I'd only use maybe 10.

As for the tap water...it wasn't as bad as what I had expected after hearing all the negative comments. Not the best I've ever had but I could drink it just fine out of the tap and water fountain. I think it depends on what you're used to at home.

whacked
05-07-2005, 01:51 PM
I think the water is bad too. :sick:

We use bottled water in the coffee makers...

And we bring our own coffee and filters...

Just depends on what your used to I guess.

Some coffee and filters don't take up much space.

Wash the coffee maker well before you use it too.

WebmasterKathy
05-07-2005, 02:05 PM
I have a 4 cup Mr. Coffee that I pack for the room. It was pretty cheap (cost me less than a room service continental breakfast ;) ), so I could sacrifice it without caring too much if I found there was no luggage space on my return trip. I kept the original box, and use that to pack the coffeemaker up all safe and secure.

I grind my favorite Starbucks Colombian beans at home, and seal that up in a small Tupperware container. I bring a little Coffeemate along, use bottled water, and I'm set.

The WDW coffee is truly awful, the others here are correct.

BCV23
05-07-2005, 03:00 PM

You won't have to request one. The rooms at the Polynesian have them now. They are small...maybe two cups. Could be four but I don't think so. At any rate, it was great to be able to make a mug of tea first thing.

There are tea bags, too, which made my day.

The coffee packs are a brand I'm not familiar with but it is not the liquid Nestle coffee that the counter services use. I'll have to try it next trip to see how good it is. No, it won't be Starbucks but for me that is a good thing. ;)

The water at WDW including the Polynesian tastes very different than ours at home but I get used to it quickly. Doesn't water taste different wherever you travel? It has always seemed that way to me. :crazy: