PDA

View Full Version : POP vs. FW June 2006

Buckimion
05-02-2005, 11:10 AM
Beginning early planning for our WDW trip next year and can't decide between Pop Century and Fort Wilderness for June 12-15th.

Does anyone know of any 'events' going on that would cause extra crowds at the value resorts? (cheerleaders, ect.?)

I like that the busses for pop don't stop at other resorts and will be near where we expect to stay. (Would pay extra for 'preferred' room in the 60's bldg if we stay there. I use an ECV due to mobility problems.) DD princess: would also prefer a 'real' room/shower.

On the other hand, we're already planning on taking the camping gear anyways for a weekend stay at Juniper Springs. We also would like to just relax one day and do other stuff than the parks for once and FW would be great. (Although most stuff we could do anyways from any resort.) We'd save about $30 a night camping. (A major consideration for us, but not a deal breaker.)

Decisions. decisions...hints, tips and general advice appreciated.

Buckimion
05-03-2005, 08:51 AM
Ba-da bump.

Bueller...Bueller...Bueller...

twinklebug
05-03-2005, 09:05 AM
Beginning early planning for our WDW trip next year and can't decide between Pop Century and Fort Wilderness for June 12-15th.

Does anyone know of any 'events' going on that would cause extra crowds at the value resorts? (cheerleaders, ect.?)

Comparing a hotel and tenting are like apples and oranges. I *LOVE* FW. However, I'm not a fan of sleeping on the ground, having fabric walls and having to hike to the "facilities" :teeth: If it were comparing the cabins to POP Cabins would win hands down. It all depends on how comfortable you feel camping.

I know June is predicted to be busier than May in general with all the kids getting out of school.