PDA

View Full Version : Just booked WL for December!!

kandmwedding
05-01-2005, 10:35 PM
Woohoo!! I'm so excited!! Dh and I just booked the WL for a week in December, and I haven't even gone on my all girls trip this June. :earseek: Oh, it's nice to be addicted, isn't it?!?

Anyway, tell me all the special things you love about the Wilderness Lodge. Great stuff that I don't want to miss. I've heard a little about the tours... anyone care to share more about them?

kandmwedding
05-02-2005, 08:26 AM
No one wants to share their WL stories!?!?! :confused3 C'mon guys!!!

Lou-Ann
05-02-2005, 09:06 AM
You will just LOVE WL in December. It exudes Christmas from the tree to the roaring fire. The decorations are breathtaking. Many holiday festivities take place nightly in the lobby such as choirs, bell ringers, etc. We have spent a week there for the last 4 yrs in December and it is our favorite resort for the holiday period. You have made an excellent choice and will not be sorry.

domestic goddess
05-02-2005, 11:44 AM
You could not have picked a better place to stay in December!! We have stayed there several times in December and have loved it! Grab a drink and sit by the fire, listen to the music, the rooms seem so much more cozy that time of year, and the decorations are fabulous. Try to be a flag family while there. You have to check when you check-in and see if any of the mornings that you are there are available. You get to go up on the roof and put up the 5 flags that are on flagpoles up there. You have a great view of the Lodge as well as all of WDW! Also, if you have some free time, do the hidden Mickey search that you can pick up at the front desk. My DS7(at the time) loved looking for them. Stroll the grounds, take a sleigh ride(407-WDW-PLAY, 90 days out, $30/ 30 min. ride) and sit in the hot tub and enjoy the ambiance. Don't forget to eat at WCC, no trip to WL is complete without it(the bottomless shakes are delicious!).

Have a great time! Telling you about all of the great things to do there is making me homesick(we own DVC at VWL)!!!

wdwfanva
05-02-2005, 11:48 AM
kandmwedding , You'll LOVE WL in December !!!!!!!!! My DW and I will be there for 15 days starting Dec. 2. Reasons we LOVE it , the lobby is just fantastic especially when the Christmas tree and decorations are up !!! The fireplace and all the other nooks and craneys you can set with your significant other !! You can take the bus or boat to the Magic Kingdom. And it simply feels like you're home as soon as you enter the lobby. There are 3 places to eat , one to fit any size pocketbook or taste. The view from the upper floors is GREAT!!!! To tell you how much we like it , we just went in March for my wife's birthday ! Yes , there is alot to love about the Lodge !!!!!!!!!!!!