PDA

View Full Version : No Epcot view at BCV?

Unofficial627
05-01-2005, 08:51 PM
I recently read that the BCV did away with their Epcot view. Does anyone know if this is true? I was hoping to get an Epcot view if they had one. Is it because of Soarin'? Anyone know what this is about?

DebbieB
05-01-2005, 09:50 PM
I know there was a post on the DVC board a few months ago that member services was no longer accepting it as a request.

BCV23
05-02-2005, 07:17 AM
Yes, I don't believe you can't request "Epcot view" anymore. But the person I worked with at member services was wonderful about putting down lots of notes for us....much more detail than I asked for.

I like being anywhere on the Epcot side. There are different views on that side but I enjoy them all. After explaining that to her, she was great about putting our request in words.

So basically, you can still ask to be on that side of the building, just can't ask for Epcot view. Besides Soarin', I think some people expect to see Spaceship Earth from their room and equate that with "Epcot view." There really aren't that many rooms that face SE but many more that face the back of the lands.

domestic goddess
05-02-2005, 11:56 AM
We stayed at BCV in December and had a great view of SE and the back of Canada and United Kingdom. I think that the biggest reason that they are not promoting the EPCOT view anymore is that most people expect an unobstructed view of the front of EPCOT and don't realize that you are looking at the backs of the buildings and it really isn't that great of a view. We did have a wonderful view of Illuminations every night from our balcony, the higher fireworks, without music. We were on the 4th floor. It was very close to the quiet pool but a ways from SAB, restaurants and transportation.

Unofficial627
05-02-2005, 04:27 PM
Thanks for the responses guys!!! :)