PDA

View Full Version : Pros and Cons of Fort Wilderness

WDWprincessloyola
05-01-2005, 09:05 PM
This is the first time I have looked at the Resort Boards, surprising I know! Anyway this will be my 11th trip to WDW and my first time staying at the Fort Wilderness. My parents and I have made reservations in be in one of the cabins. None of us have been there before and decided to try something new. We have stayed at all the Moderate Resorts so that is what we are used to. So for the first time travelers to FW cabins, what are some of the pros and cons in your opinion?

BrianMonk
05-01-2005, 09:39 PM
Pro:
Boat to MK
Ability to feel some semblance of seculsion
Large living area
Hold most families + grandma and grandpa
Ability to save money by cooking
Ability to cook what you want
Ability to use grill
My girls loved the lizards
Nature/animal themed "stuff"
Camp fire Disney stories for kids
Towel animals (alligator) in the bathtub (depends on housekeeping I suppose)

Con
Non-themed pools
Internal busses in addition to external
Some say the busses are slow(I assume it is too). We drove (my preference anyway) to all parks except MK.
More $$$ than 2 rooms at low cost and some moderates resorts
Not much Disney themes to cabins (could be a Pro to depeding on your view)

That's what I can think of off the top of my head - "Camping" board also has a lot of FW stuff too.

twinklebug
05-01-2005, 09:47 PM
I think Brian did a great job of describing the differences :Pinkbounc . I just want to point out that the feel of FW, whether staying in a tent, camper or cabin, is VERY different than the other resort hotels. It's ... mellower. The world runs at your pace, verses the pace of a hotel (get up! let's go! breakfast's almost over! hurry! hurry!) There's a lot more room to spread out and relax & on nice afternoons & evenings you have a deck with a picnic table (up & out of the way of any wildlife rummaging about (pesky armadillos - LOL!))

Also the $$$ saved by not having to eat out constantly MORE than makes up for the difference in price of rooms (I'm comparing the price of 1 moderate room to 1 cabin). I better shut up now or too many folk will start trying out the cabins :rolleyes: