PDA

View Full Version : Late November, Early December Availability?

Stacy's a freak
05-01-2005, 06:21 PM
I'm freaking just a little bit!

I have it in my head that I want to go from Nov. 28th through Dec. 2nd. BUT!! My friend may need me to fill in as her date for a trip to Vegas at that time. Her husband may get a new job that will require him to be in training during that time frame, which will cause him to miss out on their already planned vacation. However, he hasn't gotten word yet and I feel like I need to make a decision soon about booking my WDW trip.

Here's my dilemma... I can only do one or the other (not both). AND I really want to book things for Disney ASAP to avoid running out of options. I want to book a value resort. I plan to wait until closer to the trip to get an AP if there are discount rates at that time. But I'm worried that the rooms will fill up quickly. Does anyone have a clue as to how far in advance I should book (a dealine?)?

Thank you!!!

Tinkaroo
05-01-2005, 06:26 PM
If you could swing a one night's deposit, you could always make your reservation now, and then cancel if necessary down the road. You will get a refund on a room-only reservation as long as you're 5 days out.

I don't know what availability is like at that time...but I'll be there, too! :wave2:

Stacy's a freak
05-01-2005, 06:45 PM
Tinkaroo ...

Where will you be staying? I'm thinking of POP but I've never stayed a value resort before. Only a Moderate. Oh, and I stayed at a DTD hotel and HATED their bus system.

I'm mostly likely going to be a loner on this trip, which is pretty exciting to me!
:Pinkbounc

Tinkaroo
05-01-2005, 07:00 PM
We're currently booked at POFQ, but might try to get into WL or another deluxe if AP rates come out.

We stayed at Pop the first night of our most recent trip (arrived around 1 a.m. at MCO, and couldn't see paying AKL rate for our first night!). The theming was really neat. The room was pretty small, but if it's just you, it would be fine. They also just had the one sink in the vanity area of the bathroom which would get pretty tiny if you're with another person.

I'd stay there again, but must admit I think I'm more of a moderate/deluxe girl! (As my dad used to say about me - my idea of roughing it is a Holiday Inn!) :blush:

tessqt
05-01-2005, 08:11 PM
That's the timeframe we will be going. If you can swing 1 night deposit, you will get it back if you have to cancel. I know I have asked about switching resorts and my TA told me "if she can, if available". I always thought that was a less crowded time, but maybe everyone else is finding that out too!

We are booked at the POR but with all the posts lately I'm wondering. Actually they are bringing back memories (honeymoon & 2nd Ann (14 & 12 years ago), I do remember complaining that if we didn't spend so much time on the busses we would have seen more! LOL Going with 6 & 8 year old, I'm wondering!

I went to Vegas last summer, no kids or dh, had a great time!

PeaPicker5
05-01-2005, 08:17 PM
I will be down the same period and am planning on staying at POP. Previous trips have shown that it is generally a slow time the week following Thanksgiving every year!

Stacy's a freak
05-01-2005, 08:20 PM
I took your advice! I requested a couple of quotes online and Dreams Unlimited actually sent me a response back - TONIGHT - on a SUNDAY NIGHT Sue Ellen is working! I was (and still am) floored and ecstatic. So, I have asked her to put a hold on the reservations, which gets me another 2 weeks without having to put down a deposit. But I plan to have a heart to heart with my friend and get her feelings about the Vegas possibility.

In the meantime, I'm slightly scared about the "value" resort, but I know that it will just be for sleeping and showering. So, families.... please keep your kids in check at the POP while this freak is sleeping - lol.

I wish you lots of fun, ladies, at those resorts! I stayed at POR when it was Dixie Landings and that would bring back some memories for me too. And the WL just looks amazing! Since this will be a loner trip, I'm looking forward to doing some long-overdo resort viewing since my ex-husband never wanted to do that! :cool1:

Tinkaroo
05-01-2005, 10:29 PM
Congrats! Now you can sit and rethink (and rethink, and rethink, and post for opinions, and then rethink again!) your resort choice with the rest of us for the next 6 months or so! I hope you get to make your trip - enjoy!