PDA

View Full Version : WL north wing question

timandlesley
05-01-2005, 05:12 PM
After readint these threads and really desiring a room that overlooks the MK and fireworks I called and requested that our room at WL would be in the "North wing 5th floor, overlooking otter pond". The "overlooking otter pond" is what concerns me. Did I do this right? If this request is granted would one of those rooms allow us to view the fireworks?? Thanks!
Lesley

newholidayx2
05-01-2005, 05:31 PM
I think it would depend on how far down that wing you are
I would think youd want to be closer to that corner over Roaring Forks

MAGICinMYHEART
05-01-2005, 05:51 PM
The otter pond is located on the end closest to Roaring Fork. The otter
pond is only in front of about eight rooms, it doesn't go all the way to the end of the North Wing.

Yes, your request should be just what you want always follow-up with the request as you are checking in with the CM.

Gooofy-Blade
05-01-2005, 06:00 PM
You have the right idea but regardless, your view of MK and the fireworks will likely be obscured by the trees. It is really all in the luck of the draw regarding a clearance thru the trees. As I've been told, the view is lessening each year as the trees grow

MAGICinMYHEART
05-01-2005, 06:06 PM
Actually because of the very active hurricane season last year, more of the rooms on the North side have better views toward the MK. Tree lost was very heavy.

But like Gooofy-Blade said, your view of MK and the fireworks will be the luck of the draw, as this will be a request.

Terk-1
05-01-2005, 06:48 PM
I had room #: 5032 on my last stay and had a perfect view of the castle, Wishes, & the monorail, as well as the upper floors of the Contemporary and parts of the lagoon. You can click on the link below that has pictures of the room and the views.

timandlesley
05-01-2005, 07:56 PM
I had room #: 5032 on my last stay and had a perfect view of the castle, Wishes, & the monorail, as well as the upper floors of the Contemporary and parts of the lagoon. You can click on the link below that has pictures of the room and the views.

This sounds GREAT! With two small kids we never make it out late enough to see WISHES and my WISH is to be able to have a romantic view from the balcony, this would be true Disney magic for us. I will check out the photo's. Did you put a request on your ressie for this? If so how did you word it?
Thanks,
Lesley

mom2grace
05-03-2005, 03:26 PM
What "view" class are these rooms? Lodge, Courtyard, Standard?

Thanks!

mom2grace
05-04-2005, 08:10 PM
bump!!

missycj96
05-04-2005, 08:18 PM
I had 5032, too. It was perfect. Monorail, castle and the contemporary views - and near the elevator.

timandlesley
05-04-2005, 10:08 PM
What "view" class are these rooms? Lodge, Courtyard, Standard?

Thanks!

Momsview: I am referring to woodsview rooms. Thanks!
Lesley