PDA

View Full Version : AKL & CBR!! Fun Stuff to do there? We'd love any Ideas!

DAWGPOUNDAJ
05-01-2005, 04:10 PM
DH and I are honeymooning at these resorts in 2 weeks!!!!! :cool1: I've been to the CBR, but never to the AKL, but I would LOVE to hear if anyone has fun ideas of things to do at either! Who knows, I very well may have missed something fun at the CBR before! So are there any unique things to do at either of these resorts? Fun tours? Little quiet areas to seek out? Thanks so much in advance!!! :teeth:

Lots of Disney love from someone waaaaay to excited to be going somewhere WARM! :Pinkbounc :earseek: :banana: :rotfl: :wizard: pirate:

Danvers
05-01-2005, 07:38 PM
I can tell you about some of the things at AKL.

Everyday, they have a culinary tour and a cookie decorating activity. Yes, even as adults you can make the cookies. They're shaped like giraffes and have all sorts of different icing and candies you can put on them. The culinary tour lets you sample a few small things from both Boma and Jiko.

Not sure if it's still just Saturdays and Sundays, but in the warmer months, they have Ostrich Egg Painting. It's $20 a person and you get to decorate and keep a real hollow egg. Very cool.

Check the activities board by the front desk, or down by Boma for different ideas and times.

newholidayx2
05-01-2005, 08:42 PM
do you need to be staying at AKL to decorate the giraffe cookies?

twojo21
05-02-2005, 02:10 AM
me & my fiance have stayed at both resorts. we love akl!

at cbr ask for martinique its close to old port royale for dining & the main pool & is more quiet than some of the other buildings.

as for akl, its fabolous with such an exotic vibe. they have a romantic dinner for 2 you can do in your room or balcony, me & fi did this on our balcony table overlooking the savannah with a fabolous dinner, dessert & wine it felt so secluded just us & the animals. we also enjoyed the pool & hot tubs, strolling the savannah area at night very relaxing and at the zahanti healthclub they offer massages which is very convinient. jiko's & boma's are great for dining we loved ordering breakfast in each morning, the stuffed french toast is yummy. also if you're conceriege level you can book the sunrise or sunset safari at animal kingdom with dinner at tusker house which is after park closing so very private.

have a great time on your disneymoon & congratulations!

Danvers
05-02-2005, 06:00 PM
do you need to be staying at AKL to decorate the giraffe cookies?
Nope! Just go to Boma around 1:45, 2 p.m. and help yourself :)