PDA

View Full Version : grand floridian???

2timer
05-01-2005, 03:14 PM
Anyone just love it.....or hate it? i never hear much about it! :earboy2:

klahr
05-01-2005, 03:16 PM
it is nice, i like the fact its on the monorail loop, has a marina, live music in the lobby in the afternoons....

but the pools are pretty weak.

DisneyMomx7
05-01-2005, 04:17 PM
We just love it. It's not to stuffy (contrary to many peoples opinions) and is very relaxing and special.

WDWLVR
05-01-2005, 05:23 PM
We love the Grand Floridian! We honeymooned there back in '90. We still like to stop by and have a meal or just walk around.

Kimberly
05-01-2005, 05:26 PM
Beautiful hotel. I stayed there when i was very little, but i was too young to remember it. Although i do remember being on the white sand beach with my parents there some of the days, but that's about it.

I think there are better alternatives to stay there though, it feels like it's more of a "romantic" hotel than the other deluxes. What exactly makes this deluxe resort so much better as to pay so much more of a premium price?

amy1976
05-04-2005, 01:17 PM
We stayed at GF for our honeymoon in September 2000 and it was so amazing. It was the most beautiful resort. The convenience of the monorail and the boats were the best. If I could afford it I would stay there every trip. :earseek:

9/00 GF, concierge :love:

7/03 WL, pool view :grouphug:

11/04 off-site

**upcoming trip-8/7/05, VWL** :bounce: :Pinkbounc

beccasmom
05-04-2005, 01:19 PM
We like it, but haven't stayed there in a while since becoming DVC members. DH thinks the rooms are a little "fussy", but it is a lovely place.

WDW LifeLong Fan
05-04-2005, 01:27 PM
We love it!

Wonderful location, beautiful grounds, the SPA, and we have always had great service at the GF!

Ladyhawke10
05-04-2005, 01:57 PM
The GF is my family's favorite resort. We've always had great service and met many other lovely families. My five year old has had great fun in the children's activities and in the pools. It's very relaxing yet elegant. You'll feel pampered :cloud9:

johnsonet
05-04-2005, 02:04 PM
It's gorgeous! A 2-minute monorail ride to the Magic Kingdom...you can see Wishes and Cinderella's Castle from the "Food Court" princess: and the Lobby is very elegant and smells amazing because of all the flower arrangements. The resort has a LOT to offer :cloud9:
The rooms are spacious and very beautiful (I like Boca Chica best)~
The grounds are gorgeous as well.

webray
05-04-2005, 02:06 PM
Definately not grand..especially if you are staying concierge.

Bracho
05-04-2005, 02:21 PM
We have stayed there several times and have enjoy the resort each time. We had the chance to stay there the first time durning it's opening year and a few times since. Although there have been a few changes in some of the services provided, I would always suggest the Grand Floridian to my close friends and family and will stay there myself as well...

The themeing, grounds and location makes it a great place for kids.

MrsTink04
05-04-2005, 02:38 PM
It is my favoritest place anywhere!!!! I wish I was there right now!!!

AliceinWonderland
05-04-2005, 03:46 PM
We love it. It is so beautiful and relaxing. It is especially wonderful at Christmas. I highly recommend it!

3lilprincesses
05-04-2005, 04:51 PM
we love it! we don't find it at all fussy or stuffy. it is elegant, but it is still a common sight to see children running around! it's true that it would be very romantic for a honeymoon, or a couples get-away, but it is just as terrific for families.

we have 3 young DD's and we were very comfortable and at ease. it is a beautiful resort, with and amazing staff. our DD's loved the pools, and with a very little one we loved the zero entry. the locations is great, 1900 Park Fare is awesome, the rooms a beautiful, etc...

can you tell we loved it?? :love:

Bugfella
05-05-2005, 06:28 AM
:flower: Just got back from GF on Monday. It was very fun and the grounds were beautiful. My daughter said she felt like a princess staying in a palace. :cheer2:

Leota
05-05-2005, 07:26 AM
I stayed there last Oct. & was so pleasantly surprised to find how much I loved it. I am NOT a fancy person, at all. I am a jeans & tees kind of gal. I was a bit worried I'd feel out of place at GF, but that wasn't the case at all.

I found it to be a wonderful, peaceful, pampering experience. I found everyone friendly & the staff accomodating. The location is great for a MK area resort (I still prefer the Epcot area tho) I loved waking up & having coffee on our balcony overlooking the Pool. I loved wandering around & just soaking in the atmosphere, sitting in the lobby, talking & enjoying the background music. I loved all the Princesses & Pirates who were there for character meals & activities. Very Magical.

I would like to stay there sometime with DH & DS (when I was there it was a gals trip) just so they can check it out one time.

tkldisney
05-05-2005, 08:38 AM
We love it too! Will be staying there again in Dec! :flower:

CarolA
05-05-2005, 09:20 AM
My least favorite resort. I expected service comparable to the Ritz or Four Seasons and got the same service I got at the All Stars.

Rooms are beautiful, grounds are beautiful, but.... it does not live up to it's billing as a luxury resort. (and I am not alone... at least one major rating service downgraded it a few years ago do to service issues!) I felt I was ripped off!

Mister Disney
05-05-2005, 10:04 AM
I've stayed there numerous times over the years. I've always found it to be wonderful. With the exception of once, I've always stayed on Concierge RPC, so that might explain the difference I have always felt.

llij
05-05-2005, 11:51 AM
We stayed there in January to celebrate my DD's birthday. We absolutely fell in love with it. The beds were soooooooo comfortable and you just couldn't beat the location. I was in heaven when I stayed there! :goodvibes

I would stay there again in a heartbeat, but unfortunately our budget won't allow it for now. :teeth:

3lilprincesses
05-05-2005, 11:55 AM
My least favorite resort. I expected service comparable to the Ritz or Four Seasons and got the same service I got at the All Stars.

we've never stayed at an all star resort, but did stay at pop, and we thought there was a WORLD of difference! pop was so noisy, you could hear toilets flushing when we were trying to sleep, and again in the morning. the open corridors also made it very noisy (we had a pool view). we had our 3 dd's w/ us and it was much more convenient to have someone deliver our luggage, and get it again at check out. at pop this wasn't an option. also, dd's LOVED the turndown service at GF. they loved coming back to the room at the end of the night to find chocolates on their pillows and stories playing softly on the tv. none of us liked standing on the hot sidewalk waiting for the bus at pop either. not sure about the all stars, but pop had no kind of sun shade to stand under, and GF did. the staff at the restaurants at GF were so friendly and helpful. we couldn't even get a pizza sent to our room at pop in under an hour and a half.

we just saw no comparison at all between GF and Pop. of course everybodies experiences are different, and this was just our experience. we thought the service at GF was great. but we were paying for more than just service, we were paying for location, large rooms, the view, amenities, etc. to us it was worth every penny.