PDA

View Full Version : valet parking for non disney resort guests ??

think tink
05-01-2005, 01:48 PM
hi, i was just wondering if you are allowed to valet park at the resorts if you are not a disney resort guest. we usually get to stay on site but my mother in law is coming this time and we can't swing 2 rooms on site. anyway we love to visit the other resorts to eat or go to the gift shops and just look around. also my kids ( and my husband ) love the contemporary's arcade. we always valet so we don't take any of the parking spaces away from the people who are staying there. i just didn't know if disney lets non resort guest go so freely around the resorts. thanks

The Warden
05-01-2005, 03:53 PM
We just got back last week from a trip to the World. Brought MIL and FIL so we too stayed off site. We used the valet to park at AKL 2 times and Boardwalk once. When we arrived at the Boardwalk they asked us if we were staying on-site. We said no and they said all parking was full so we had to park across the street and walk or use the valet. After a long day at the parks, it was a no-brainer. Also, it was great at the end of our dinner and bicycle trip around the lake to jump right back in the car without walking and trying to find it. It was so nice, we continued to use the valet service the rest of the week.

Also, your post sounded like you would rather stay on-site. I was worried about staying off-site before our trip. We rented a 4 BR home for 1000 for the whole week. It had its own private heated pool and hot tub. After walking so much around the world, it was lovely to come home and jump in the pool without worrying about chairs, towels, room key, etc... My son jumped in naked a few times because I did not get his suit quick enough, LOL!

Anyway, even if you don't have a private pool, we did take advantage of the Disney restaurants, but we could escape to some peace and quiet when done. I do not think my husband will stay on site again, and although I definitely want to try out a few more Disney properties, I have to admit it was a wonderful trip with plenty of magic.