PDA

View Full Version : Just back from Coronado Springs...................

2MuchOhana
05-01-2005, 11:58 AM
and it was the WORST resort we have ever stayed in onsite! (Edited to add. Please note that this was our experience. Don't change your mind about staying at this resort based on our opinions. CSR just didn't live up to our expectations of it.) We asked to change resorts the very first night. Unfortunately, all the other resorts were filled; so we couldn't! If it weren't for the fact my dh's co worker and family were coming a few days later than us I would have considered moving to a hotel off site completely. This is our opinion and I know many of you really enjoy this resort. However after staying at three other Disney resorts (CBR, POFQ, and AKL) before this one; CSR did not live up to our expectations! It had no Disney magic at all for us.

Our room location was horrible. They were ripping up the sidewalks in front of building for three days. The walls were paper thin. You could easily hear people's conversations in the rooms next to you. The busses took a lot longer than at any of the other resorts we have stayed at or eaten meals at. Average wait time was about a half hour. DTD was the worst for the bus we waited for an hour! We never waited more than 10 minutes at any other resort including AKL!

Don't even get me started on the Pepper Market! Bad service, long wait and food that was just okay! Take my advise and save the aggrevation and get a "To Go" card rather than pay the extra 10% to be shown to a table. 30 minutes in lines at 8:30 PM is too long to wait when half the tables in the place were empty. After that it took 25 minutes to get two cheeseburgers with fries. (Note it is cheaper to eat at the pool). We were with three other tables and we were all complaining about the poor service and it fell on deaf ears when asked for a manager to complain.

Don't think we will ever stay there again.

Jodi And Greg

Trinity721
05-01-2005, 12:05 PM
I'm sorry you had a bad time at CSR :guilty: We just got back last night from CSR as well, but we actually had a wonderful time. Although I will agree the service at Pepper Market was not so great. We never waited long for the buses either. I hope your next stay is better, and I'm sorry you didn't enjoy the resort. Hope you still had a good vacation! :flower:

Trinity721
05-01-2005, 12:09 PM
LOL... i just realized we posted on each other's threads :flower:

Luv2Roam
05-01-2005, 12:12 PM
Sorry you had a bad resort stay. I know how that is and it sets the mood for the entire trip, and really sours any return visit.
I swear sometimes it is all timing -- sometimes it is good, sometimes bad.
The one bad resort visit we had was one of those trips where many things just did not go as they should.
And luckily you are a Disney repeat and know what you experienced is not the norm. Althoug it is very disappointing.

Steffi
05-01-2005, 12:22 PM
I'm so sorry you didn't like your stay at CSR! It's terrible when you've planned and planned for a vacation only to be disappointed. Thanks for your honest opinion. I do hope you enjoyed the other aspects of your vacation! :sunny:

Edited to add: My DH's heart is in Lambeau Field, too! :teeth:

2MuchOhana
05-01-2005, 12:25 PM
:flower: Thanks everyone! I just needed to vent my frustration! There is a resort out there for everyone and this was just not the one for us! Unfortunately it does have me thinking about cancelling our end of September'early October trip. Even though, I know I would be returning to a resort I love or trying one I always wanted to stay at; this experience has left a sour taste in my mouth!

The grounds at CSR were beautiful; but that just wasn't enough to make it a good and positive experience. I was really looking forward to our stay there; especially since it was just the two of us. DD stayed home with Grandma and Grandpa. I was so thankful for that because our three year old would not have appreciated the long wait at the Pepper Market!

I did meet a fellow DISer though! Hi LittleDuck'sMom if you are out there!

Jodi

DISNEYFAMILYOFFOUR
05-01-2005, 12:33 PM
We stayed there in 1999 and did not care for it either. I do realize that there are alot of fans of CSR out there, but my entire family are not among them. However, it did not kill our "Disney" spirit. We have become huge fans of WL.

Kimberly
05-01-2005, 12:42 PM
Sorry to hear about your trip. I've never been to CSR, but i've only heard good things about it except for just how busy it can get!

mamalle
05-01-2005, 12:48 PM
wow- sorry you stay wasnt that great. gosh we have never had a bad experience there at all. By far the best all around resort we have stayed in with the kids.

Buzz2001
05-01-2005, 01:33 PM
Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy the resort. We just returned on 4/25 and had a great time at CSR. I did notice the construction going on to make repairs to the walkway in front of the casitas when I was walking aroundtaking photos.

becka
05-01-2005, 01:39 PM
I am sorry you did not have a great time. We love CSR and we have had our best services and experiences at this resort but everyone is different. We personally did not like the Swan and I know others love it. That is one great thing about WDW resorts...there are so many to choose from and everyone can find a favorite.

I hope your next trip goes better for you. :)

chipscinderelly
05-01-2005, 02:17 PM
Oh I am so sorry you didn't have a good experience - that's awful! Perhaps there was a convention at the resort? I know that when I stayed there in 1999 we were a convention group and I am sure it was challenging on everyone who was not with our group to understand that at 7:30 am when they wanted to eat and go to the parks that we wanted to eat and get to a meeting.

I hope your next trip is better!

2MuchOhana
05-01-2005, 02:36 PM
I softened my view a little bit now that I have had a better chance to reflect on it. It won't be my first choice of places to stay; but will perhaps consider it again if the price is right and circumstances were different.

I did love the Jumbo resort mug! It was great and a much better value than buying two regular sized ones. Cost was $21.25 versus $11.99 each. Too bad I couldn't have loaded it up with Strawberry Margaritas instead of soda!

Perhaps it was a case of unrealistic expectations on our part; or perhaps it was just the fact we went without DD! I don't really know. Anyway, I am glad that so many have had good experiences at CSR or other resorts. I can relate to those that haven't regardless of which resort.

Jodi :sunny:

Danvers
05-01-2005, 02:42 PM
I'm sorry, but I agree with you...CSR is a HORRIBLE resort.

LindsayDunn228
05-01-2005, 03:15 PM
Sorry for your bad experience. I love it though!

Micca
05-01-2005, 03:27 PM
We have always enjoyed our stays at CSR, but it's a matter of personal taste, and the "luck of the draw"(any resort can have some bad days). Hope you enjoy your next trip to WDW :earsboy:

ihearttink
05-01-2005, 03:32 PM
We stayed there when it was brand new. Our expierence was the same as you. The buses were forever and it was August and we were dying. Even the walk back to the rooms from bus seemed way to long after walking in the parks all day in 90 degree weather. We were also disappointed with the Pepper Mill.

For us though I really think it was the theme that didn't do it for me. It really is just a matter of taste.

DZNYMGCFAM
05-01-2005, 04:05 PM
Sorry you had such a bad time there. We tried staying there in 1998, we were not happy with it either, we stayed one night and transferred back over to POR (still Dixie then). I also know there are fans of CSR :teeth: , I am a fan of POR :teeth: , and I know that there are people who can't stand POR :rolleyes: . Personally, I did not care for CSR as there was not a lick of shade on any walkway (I know this goes with the mexican theme), but my middle daughter and I are very fair (we turn into flames in the sun :rolleyes:, plus she was an infant then). The walk from our room to the lobby/food court was an easy 10-15 minute walk with a 4 month old and a three year old in tow. The service at the Pepper Market then was crappy :sad2: ...had to ask twice to get drinks, it took about 30 minutes after sitting down to get our drinks and I do not like the fact that you have to pay the gratuity no matter what the service is like...I tip accordingly!!!! I thought the rooms were very nice and I really liked the lobby and I truly thought it was a very lovely resort. I like the theme of the pool too. It just was not a resort that fit my family very well. We fit in with the POR as far as a moderate resort goes. It has plenty of shade and it is not a very far walk from any room to the lobby/food court and pools. The bus service could be better I admitt, but I know this and prepare myself for it.

I hope that your next trip makes up for this one. I certainly would not change my plans for the fall trip! :wave2:

LindsayDunn228
05-01-2005, 04:12 PM
We were also disappointed with the Pepper Mill.

Pepper Market, dear :)

DisOrBust
05-01-2005, 05:52 PM
We were there in 2001. Some of it was good. Loved the pool and I thought the landscaping was nicer then PO. HOWEVER, the pepper market was a complete lpia. We wait 20 minutes for a table then 20 minutes to order food and then 20 minutes to pay. It was a HUGE time sucker which is what you DON'T need at a food court. Besides the food was not very good. I never realized how much we depend on hte food court when were at WDW until that trip. CS for us is off our list...at least until the PM systems gets an overhaul.

deejohn
05-01-2005, 06:48 PM
Thanks for the Web Page..we just changed our booking from POP to CSR because of Pop Warner. We were concerned about the additional price, but after seeing your web site, we feel that we made an excellent choice. Thanks!!!

Pinnochio
05-01-2005, 06:50 PM
i agree with your comments on the food court it is ove priced for what should be fast food. we only stayed there one night before just to see what it was like. We thought it was alright. With the sidewalk construction sounds like you just hit a worng time to go there.

princess pooh
05-01-2005, 07:10 PM
I liked CSR but I'd probably feel the same way you did if I had to put up with construction and bad service. I'm convinced that timing is everything when it comes to Disney resort stays.

I agree that the Pepper Market is just terrible. I complained to the manager for the first time ever and got our meal comped. After that I would just get salads to go.

Mad4Mickey
05-01-2005, 09:27 PM
I stayed there before and we wanted to move after the 1st night also . It was not my kind of place either !

LoraJ
05-01-2005, 10:05 PM
I enjoyed my stay at CSR, but agree with you about the pepper Market. The food there was great. But when I went there it was not crowded at all. I sat down at the table, no one came and asked if i wanted a drink, so I went and got my food. Then I sat down again and was soooo thirsty. I just went to the drink station myself. I should have just gotten it to go.

I wrote Disney an email the other day about my concerns with CSR. I forgot to add the Pepper Market service. And I also forgot to mention how much I loathed the gates to the parking where you have to stick your key in. I don't know how many times that gate nearly fell on my car.

My comments to them were how the shuttle drivers drive so carelessly that it is a lawsuit waiting to happen. And then i commented on how we wished the pool bar was open later, or at least have some more outdoor seating by the main lounge.

And I agree, we had the worst bus service! We wasted 90 minutes one day in wait time. Bleh! Back to the rental car. My boyfriend didn't want to do MK with me on EMH night because he didn't want to take a bus there (too burnt out from the 90min waste), and the monorail was under construction and he doesn't like the Ferry. :(

We still had a great time though. And I would stay at CSR again.

Sorry that your magic was ruined. :(

DisneyJen0504
05-03-2005, 11:37 AM
Sorry to hear you had a bad stay. Unfortunately, these things happen.During our stays at CSR (our favorite resort) we have always had amazing service from CMs, great food and fast service at the Pepper Market and we have always found the buses to be the best we have encountered. Sorry to hear your stay wasn't a good one-hope the next one is better!!!

2MuchOhana
05-03-2005, 12:25 PM
In effort to make it not sound like I was completley just out to bash this resort I did tone down my post. Unfortunately our experience was not a positive one. It was so bad we probably will cancel our September/October trip even though we are not booked at CSR. We experienced none of the great service that so many of you have. The CM's were rude, the Pepper Market was terrible, and bus service was horrendous.

The only real positive things I can say about the resort is that the landscape is very beautiful and the jumbo sized mug is more economical than buying indiviual mugs.

I know there are so many of you that love it there. I am disappointed that we are not one of them. A nice looking pool are and landscape are a small part of an overall experience. ******** I thank you for your website. I did check it out before staying there. So, I had a good idea as to what to expect. Unfotunately, first impressions can be everything; and we were not impressed.

I really wished that we liked it and had a good time there! But, that wasn't the case.

Jodi :sunny:

Buzz2001
05-03-2005, 01:04 PM
I know there are so many of you that love it there. I am disappointed that we are not one of them. A nice looking pool are and landscape are a small part of an overall experience. ******** I thank you for your website. I did check it out before staying there. So, I had a good idea as to what to expect. Unfotunately, first impressions can be everything; and we were not impressed.

I really wished that we liked it and had a good time there! But, that wasn't the case.

Jodi :sunny:That's why WDW has so many resorts to choose from. Not everyone will like the same thing but at least you tried it and formed your own opinion. It's just too bad it was to your liking.

sarahj
05-03-2005, 03:12 PM
I, too, am sorry that you didn't have a good time at CSR. We absolutely love it there and the Pepper Market is one of our favorite places to eat! It's a good thing we don't all like the sames resorts, or we'd be in serious trouble, wouldn't we?? ;) Please don't let it stop you from going again. We are really looking forward to our next trip in June!