PDA

View Full Version : Just got back from our first stay at Coronado Springs! ADDED PICS

Trinity721
05-01-2005, 11:02 AM
and we LOVED it!!! It was DH, myself, DBIL and DD2yrs. We had a great time. Our room was in Cabanas 8B, which I thought was perfect b/c it was close to the dig site, not too far from El Centro, and right next to Bus Stop #4. We arrived on Tuesday and had planned on relaxing that day, hanging out at the pool and whatnot. But it was raining pretty bad so we weren't able to do very much at all. We ended up eating at Pepper Market. The next two days, we did AK, MGM and Epcot. Our stay was only supposed to last until Friday but after doing the parks Wednesday and Thursday we were just so exhausted. So DH and I decided to add an extra day! We spent all day Friday swimming in the pool. DD loved the Dig Site, it was actually her first time at a pool. DH and DBIL rented the Searacer boats for a half hour, and they enjoyed that. We ate at Maya Grill which was DELICIOUS. Probably one of the best meals we've ever had at WDW. I was really sad when we had to check out on Friday before going to MK. :guilty:

This is only our second onsite stay, we stayed at CR garden wing before. I would definitely stay there again. DH said the same, although he said he'd like to try another resort just to see if it compares. But me, I'm sold! I'm definitely a CSR fan :goodvibes

2MuchOhana
05-01-2005, 11:35 AM
Glad you had a better experience than we did! We just returned home yesterday; and in our opinion Coronado Springs was the WORST Disney resort we have ever stayed at!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish eveyone else a better experience than what we had! For us there was no Disney Magic to be had at this resort.

Jodi and Greg

Steffi
05-01-2005, 12:29 PM
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay! I love CSR, too, just about everything about the place appeals to me.

It sounds like you & your family had a fantastic time...now it's time to start planning your next trip! ;)

cindyfan
05-01-2005, 12:33 PM
We have stayed at CSR 3 times.......and I still say it is my favorite. :goodvibes
We stayed once in Cabanas and twice in Casitas. We are going back there in June and hope to stay in Ranchos as long as it is close to the quiet pool.
When we were in Casitas...it was a long walk to the Dig site, but I am not all that thrilled with the Dig Site....always just too crowded there!
So we always hang out at the quiet pools where it is always peaceful.

DD and I love renting the bikes for an hour or so.
We love the Pepper Market too. Never tried Maya Grill...but might this time!

I also think they have one of the better gift shops of all the values or moderates.

We also used the Salon one day.....got our nails done. :goodvibes

We've never had any problems there!

mamalle
05-01-2005, 12:50 PM
so nice to hear you enjoyed your stay the the CSR. its definitely is a resort for families! we are sold on it. everybody and everything has always been pleasant during our stays there. :cool1:

Trinity721
05-01-2005, 01:28 PM
Just thought I'd post a few pictures to give a visual :sunny:

Lago Dorado at dusk.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid166/p3f872c37a3d432b61281f6c49f21c878/f4478644.jpg

On our way to El Centro
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid166/p73f0d6f047cbced47db85727685e6677/f4477317.jpg

DD Trinity at the beach by Cabanas.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid166/pa60beb45cdbcd79bb54cdec6822ac4a5/f4477020.jpg

Buzz2001
05-01-2005, 01:30 PM
Glad to hear you had a great vacation and enjoyed CSR. Great photos!

Mom Of 2 Girls
05-01-2005, 02:28 PM
So glad your family had a great vacation! Thanks for sharing your photos. :flower:

Deborah_Mary
05-01-2005, 03:07 PM
Wow, thanks for sharing such great family pics of your stay at CSR! CSR is on our MUST stay at resort list and hopefully we'll get to for next year's trip. This year (we leave in just 2 weeks) we will be stopping by there to check it out to see how we like it. I've heard mostly all good/awesome things about it and it has peeked dh's and my curiousity. :-)

Beautiful family by the way. :-)

Deb*

WDWLVR
05-01-2005, 04:24 PM
We stayed there back in December of '03 and loved it. Wish when we were there that it had been warm enough to use the pool - looked like fun.

duck_adoo
05-01-2005, 06:57 PM
Hi,
We stayed at CSR our first visit and loved it too! Our dd's loved the pool. Those are beautiful pictures!! I can almost feel the disney magic! only 97 more days for us!

tubachick
05-01-2005, 07:23 PM
I am glad you had a good time at CSR. We are planning on staying there for our FEB trip and it will be our 1st MOD Resort. Thanks for the Pics too!! :flower:

babybunrab
05-01-2005, 07:31 PM
You all are a lovely looking family! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and sorry that the other family didn't. DS and I will be there in August and I can't wait! Thanks for the pictures.

dolphin01
05-02-2005, 04:53 AM
Sounds like you enjoyed CSR. Glad to hear it. We will be there this summer.

grumpyandbashful
05-02-2005, 06:53 AM
Our family also loves CSR! The pool is awesome, landscaping beautiful! We also prefer Cabanas for location and "beachy" feeling. CSR is the only moderate for us, but to each his or her own.

epcotfan
05-02-2005, 09:31 AM
Great pics! What a lovely family you have :) Glad you enjoyed your stay!

hugsquared
05-02-2005, 09:35 AM
:hyper: :hyper: You are all making me so excited I can hardly stand it. We are heading out in 4 months to CSR and have heard so many wonderful things. I've stayed at CBR and POR but DH thought CSR look nice. I had never really paid much attention to it. Then I got to looking thru Buzz's site and thought "sure, we'll try it". Now I'm ready to explode with anticipation. Only 137 more days... :banana: :banana: :banana:

deejohn
05-02-2005, 12:07 PM
Thanks for the posting and pictures. Glad you had a nice time. We are going in Dec '05 with our own 2 year old. This will be her first time at WDW!!!

deejohn
05-02-2005, 12:08 PM
Thanks for the posting and pictures. Glad you had a nice time. We are going in Dec '05 with our own 2 year old. This will be her first time at WDW!!!

Is there a place to mirowave popcorn or other quick late night snakes?

Mickeysooner
05-02-2005, 01:33 PM
I'm glad that you and your family had a great stay. We will be staying there in 2 weeks and I can't wait. The resort looks fantastic. :banana:

*Fantasia*
05-02-2005, 02:45 PM
Great pixs! Beautiful family! Thanks for sharing! We love CSR! It is one of our favorite resort! Glad you enjoyed your stay there.

vettechick99
05-03-2005, 10:16 AM
Beautiful family! Thanks for the review!

LibertyLover
05-03-2005, 11:01 AM
I'm glad to hear that you liked CSR. In August, 2006 an organization I'm a member of is having its annual gathering at CSR, August 8 through the 14th. My DH, DD, who will be 4 then, and I will be going. I can't wait. We have never stayed at CSR and are looking forward to it. It's a year and half away and already we are planning things to do. Of course, DD and I are getting a quick 3 day "girls only" trip to AKL in 2 weeks so I'll have some Disney magic in my life before the CSR trip :flower:

LibertyLover
05-03-2005, 11:04 AM
Trinity 721 - your daughter is adorable!

sarahj
05-03-2005, 03:20 PM
Loved your pictures. We too love CSR. Will be back there in June and I can't wait!!! :banana: The Pepper Market is one of our favorite places to eat. When comparing CSR to CBR, we think CSR is much better. The food courts aren't even close and the gift shops can't compare either. I'd be happy staying at CSR for every visit we make!! :flower:

monte
05-03-2005, 06:49 PM
Did you check out the fitness center, if so can you please describe it to me? Thanks :rolleyes1

Trinity721
05-03-2005, 07:43 PM
Thanks for all the nice comments everyone :flower: Thought it would be nice to share a little of the magic we experienced.

To answer a previous poster's question, there was no microwave in the room and I don't believe there was one available for use. But I could be wrong.

Monte, sorry... DH initially wanted to do early morning workouts at their gym, but after all the walking we did he was just too tired. I did, however, see several people jogging around the whole resort. I imagine it would be a great place to jog.

We've only been home three days and I want to go back!!!!

deejohn
05-03-2005, 08:02 PM
Jenny,

Thanks for the info on the microwave. Glad you started this threat. Thanks for the pictures, now my kids want to stay at the beach hotel!!!