PDA

View Full Version : Refridgerators in Moderate Resort.

Debs1963
05-01-2005, 09:44 AM
Staying at POR in Mid-May with Family of 4. Do all moderate resorts come automatically with fridge or do we have to ask or rent one. Does anyone know how big the fridge's are? Can you fit a gallon of milk in them? Is there a freezer area? I don't know what to expect-sorry if questions seem silly.

livyzmom
05-01-2005, 10:17 AM
WE JUST GOT BACK FROM FQ AND THERE WAS A SMALL FRIDGE IN THE ROOM
WE WERE ABLE TO FIT A 12 PK OF BEER AND INDIV. CANS OF SODA.
YOU COULD ALSO FIT A 1/2 GAL OF MILK IN THERE.
WONDERFUL RESORT WOULD GO BACK IN A HEARTBEAT
:earsboy:

wdwgirls2
05-01-2005, 11:34 AM
We were just at POR in March in one of the refurbished rooms and it had a frig. Not sure if all rooms have one or just the refurbished rooms. Enjoy your stay - its a beautiful resort. We are heading there for Mothers Day and I cant wait! :Pinkbounc

magsmom
05-01-2005, 12:15 PM
All mods and deluxes now come with a small fridge in the room (dorm type). In August of 2004 there was no fridge in POFQ, but there was one in the CR for our October stay.

It's a very nice addition.

DisneyFans4
05-01-2005, 03:29 PM
You will get a small fridge but it doesn't have freezer space. I think 1/2 gallon of milk will just about fit but definitely not a gallon, these are really small.

ninaeve
05-01-2005, 03:48 PM
At POR this April, our fridge was already there.

It fit for us - 2 half gallons of milk, about 8 bottled waters, 5 juice boxes, 5 Caprisuns, and 4 small cans of peaches with actually room to spare. Now we did use the door space, and the top shelf(freezer) section made the juice frozen which is great if u are taking it to the parks, bc it keeps cool.

bwallace
05-01-2005, 05:36 PM
need resolution of conflicting posts

do the fridges have a freezer section or not?

ninaeve
05-01-2005, 05:55 PM
Okay, my small frig that I had in my bedroom in high school had a complete metal enclosed section that was the freezer. The fridge at POR had 2 wire shelves where the stuff on the top shelf of ours anyway ended up freezing after about 24 hrs. So it did not have an official different section, but was colder than the rest. Did not try to freeze ice cubes or anything just juice and water bottles. We did not change the temp. controls, so they may have to be adjusted for the colder top.

carol-lamb
05-01-2005, 06:04 PM
Do rooms at CBR have a fridge too? I was there last June and I don't think there was one in the room. I was also wondering if there are already in the rooms or do you have to request one. I hope they have them there so we can keep milk and juice cold for breakfast. We usually have juice, muffins and cereal in our rooms. We are not big breakfast people and I would rather eat a light breakfast and have a really good lunch in the parks!!!

jaysmom4285
05-01-2005, 07:25 PM
We were at CBR in December, and there was a fridge in the room, permanently installed in a wooden cabinet next to the TV armoire. Our fridge did not have a freezer section. A gallon of milk would have fit in it, if the shelf was removed. But buying milk in smaller containers gives you more flexibility in storage.