PDA

View Full Version : Fishing at Port Orleans?

mm6mm6
05-01-2005, 08:40 AM
I remember reading here somewhere that there is fishing at Port Orleans. Has anyone fished there? Is the rental equipment any good and is it reasonable?

Would it be worth it to bring a rod/reel and small tackle box for a little catch and release, just to say I caught a fish at Disney World?

We're staying there for 5 nights and I thought it would be fun to hold up a bass and get a picture at WDW!

We're driving so a rod wouldn't take up too much room....

Daydreamer64
05-01-2005, 09:11 AM
bump- I want to know too!

Lizzybee
05-01-2005, 09:13 AM
My son and my dad fished there one afternoon during our 2003 trip. They enjoyed it quite a bit. It's a dock area where you stand and fish. I don't remember the exact price of renting the poles but I remember thinking "hey that's not bad". There wasn't much I said that about at Disney, so it must be fairly cheap.

nic589
05-02-2005, 11:40 PM
:cool1: I took my 5 yr old and he had a blast. I am assuming this is the fishin hole at POR. This is the one that is for little kids, poles were really inexpensive and no rod or reel was necessary. The fish were real small but my son will never forget catching that little fish on his hook and pulling it out of the water. He had a blast and to be honest with I had one too (watching those little eyes light up). We are going to the stay at CSR this year I hope they have something similar because my 4yr and 2yr say they want to go this time. I read someplace they do have a more adult fishing trip that has a much more adult price than the fishin hole. Just look at the resort web site. I looked at it last year before we went. :earseek: It was a pretty penny though.