PDA

View Full Version : BC or WL? Need to decide very soon!

Steffi
04-30-2005, 09:01 PM
Argh! I've never been so indecisive about a WDW trip before!

We leave next Sunday for a 5 night stay. First we were booked at BC with a Florida resident rate. DH was happy about that; he loves staying in the Epcot area. DD was happy; she loves Stormalong Bay. I was happy; I just love going to Disney.

Well, earlier this week, I called CRO to make sure that I'd requested a non-smoking room. On a whim, I asked the CM to see if there was anything available at WL. There sure was! A standard view room for $139 a night! After tax, that was a savings of more than $100/night...couldn't pass that up. So I went ahead and switched, thinking that DH would be thrilled that we were saving money. He wasn't too thrilled. He actually sounded kind of sad! :guilty:

Anyway, he said to keep the WL reservation for the time being and we'd decide this weekend whether or not to switch back to BC. Now it's time to decide and we keep going back and forth. Save the money and stay at a great place like WL, or spend a little more money and stay at a great place like BC?

So, if you were in our shoes, which would you choose and why? (We have stayed at WL our last two trips to WDW. We love the place! We've never stayed at BC, but have stayed at YC before and loved it, too. Our party consists of me, DD10, and DH.)

Thanks for any help! :)

Minerva
04-30-2005, 09:12 PM
We leave next Sunday for a 5 night stay. First we were booked at BC with a Florida resident rate. DH was happy about that; he loves staying in the Epcot area. DD was happy; she loves Stormalong Bay. I was happy; I just love going to Disney.

He wasn't too thrilled. He actually sounded kind of sad! :guilty:

I think you've answered your own question: ) Since everyone was happy with BC and you've stayed at WL and your dh isn't balking at the extra money why not go ahead and try out BC this time. If you don't like it for some reason you'll know not to plan to stay there again and can go back to WL.

canwegosoon
04-30-2005, 11:11 PM
I will agree, it sounds like BC is the prefered choice. Personally I would pick WL, I think that unless you are going to Epcot or MGM, the transportation is really difficult. WL it just seems easier...this may not be an issue to you. I would look at what you want to get out of this vacation...if you are relaxing arown the pool I think you can't beat BC. Good Luck

CoolDisneyCat
05-01-2005, 01:15 AM
We perfer BC hands down over WL. Since there is no problem with the money, I say stay at BC.
Have fun no matter what you decide!

bugsy
05-01-2005, 02:48 AM
BC-my own opinion...but have a great time, no matter what!!

newholidayx2
05-01-2005, 05:41 AM
I would do both
oh yeah DS13 & I are! 8nights at VWL followed by 6nights at BCV in August - cant wait
:Pinkbounc

Steffi
05-03-2005, 07:32 PM
I just wanted to thank everyone for their opinions & advice!

I called today & switched. Now we're not staying at WL or BC...we were able to get a standard view room at YC with a FL resident rate! Everyone's happy, especially me, because I don't have to unpick any of our dining or park touring arrangements!

Thanks again. :goodvibes