PDA

View Full Version : poly concierge?

krismom
04-30-2005, 08:05 PM
Anyone know what the upgrade is from regular rate to concierge at the PolY? Are there only a certain # available or can you always upgrade? Also, does anyone know if you can bring the food out of the lounge with you? Like to eat poolside or in your room? Thanks for any info!
:earsboy:

linfin
04-30-2005, 08:23 PM
I just came home yesterday from spending 7 days at the concierge. Im pretty sure a regular room is three hundrend and some what dollars, concierge is double that. We were paying over 600.00 a night for our room. Yes, you can take food out of the lounge, to your room, pool side ect. But let me clear something up for people. You can't live off of this food for your meals. You can for breakfast ( 3 types of cereal, bagles, danish, fresh cut fruit , coffee, juices). that from 7-10 am. then comes cookies, m&m's, some gummy worms, soda and juices. Between 5-7 pm there was fried rice spare ribs, fresh fruit, cheese and crackers. From 7-10pm small pasteries and coffee. Believe it or not some people used this for their meals, fried rice and chicken wings or spare ribs is not a meal for dinner, and your not suppose to eat 50 of them, because there are other peope, its just to hold you over. One thing I have to say is if you stay at the poly bring a hair dryer. The thing hanging in my bathroom looked like a flow- bee, and it worked horrible. The place is beautiful, the rooms are large, people are nice, but everyone in dis is nice. If you want my opinion stay in a regular room and save 300.00 a night. I make plenty of money, and Im not a tight wad but after 3 nights there, I really expected more for what I was paying.

PolyHereWeCome
04-30-2005, 08:36 PM
Anyone know what the upgrade is from regular rate to concierge at the PolY? Are there only a certain # available or can you always upgrade? Also, does anyone know if you can bring the food out of the lounge with you? Like to eat poolside or in your room? Thanks for any info!
:earsboy:

Not counting suites, there are only 2 types of rooms: Garden-view (GV) and Lagoon-view (LV). To upgrade from GV to GV concierge is about $100/night, same for upgrading from LV to LV concierge, about $100/night.

There are a limited # of rooms and they are all in one building (suites are separate). The lounge is also in that building. Yes, you can bring the food to your room or outside on the beach -- we did that lots of times. Never ate at the pool, so don't know.

We absolutely loved the Poly. and concierge was great for us. However, it's not a meal plan, and you'd be hardpressed to "eat $100 worth of food" each day there.

mkymouse4ever
04-30-2005, 08:51 PM
::MickeyMo The Poly has one building for the main concerige rooms. The Hawawii longhouse. This is one of the "original" longhouses, that have the original bathroom set up with 1 sink. And No balcony on the 2nd floor rooms, just the sliding glass patio door that opens. So YES, there is definately only a certain amount of rooms available for concerige. They do fill up fast, especially during the busy season. If you wanted the concerige services and amnities I would definately book it beforehand if they are available. The Polynesian also provides a 2nd concerige service in the tonga suites for the guest staying in the suites offered in that longhouse.

I am not sure of current prices they also change with seasons. Try www.disneyworld.com and go under resort and rates so can also check availablity online too. :)

We have stayed at the Polynesian many times but only once concerige, we found it just wasn't justified in price for what we used. One advantage is knowing which longhouse you are definately in. :wizard:

Have a great time at the Poly, its a great resort! Mky princess:

krismom
04-30-2005, 10:34 PM
after careful consideration, I've decided against the upgrade. I think I'll spend the extra $$$ elsewhere during the trip! I really appreciate the advice!
:rolleyes: