PDA

View Full Version : Easter Stay is Ruined by Crowds

disneylizzy
04-30-2005, 07:44 PM
It is 11:30am and we are shoulder to shoulder with 100,000 people (at least). Are we in Manhattan on the last Friday before Christmas? Are we in Central Park at a Billy Joel concert? Why no, we are in MK at WDW on Easter weekend and it is so crowded that the triplets will never get on Dumbo, not even if I throw a tantrum right here in Fantasyland. We paid thousands for our room at a much nicer hotel right on the monorail so we could get to MK easily and I would not have to get up early. Disney has known their crowd patterns for quite some time and I feel that if it was going to be so crowded they should have said something when I checked in. They also forgot to tell me to wear sunscreen, but who is quibbling. I am entitled to things my way and I really resent all these people (some of whom most assuredly are staying at Pop Century) making the lines so long. I demand:

a full refund
a nice dinner at California Grill and those fireworks better be right outside the window
a letter of apology
an acknowlegement of my superior intelligence and just plain right to life
a kiss on the foot would be nice, too

If anyone else has a complaint, you may post, but nothing is worse than my suffering.

CaipiraBob
04-30-2005, 07:51 PM
As long as we're at it, something has to be done about France. It's just FULL of French peope. They have to go.

sherry8253
04-30-2005, 07:54 PM
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Pinnie
04-30-2005, 08:08 PM
:rotfl2:

Now, don't tell me you didn't get a letter under your door on Easter Sunday morning warning you about the crowds!!!!! :rotfl:

pinnie

JJsmama
04-30-2005, 08:25 PM
Plus, since WDW must have known it would be crowded on Easter week, they opened that Magic Kingdom one at 7 in the morning til after midnight. Who wants to go there at 7 in the morning?? I wouldn't have bothered if I had known--this is vacation! But I didn't know until I heard someone mention it when we were leaving. Someone should have told me personally! I don't have time to read those little pamphlets things they give you at the hotel. I'm not going to read on vacation! Also when we got there to Magic Kingdom after lunch, there was a line for that new Splash mountain thing so we could not do it. Why should we have to wait in line after we paid to get in? Plus, this kid almost tripped me when I was walking backwards down Main Street taking a picture. People really should get their kids under control. I really think I need some sort of compensation for those extra park hours that I missed that I didn't know about. I'm going to write a letter and demand it. (Although, don't tell Disney, but I wouldn't have gotten up early anyway. I was on vacation.)

PolyHereWeCome
04-30-2005, 08:44 PM
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

And the weather had the nerve to rain several times this week! The forecasts did say showers were likely most everyday, but come on, who listens to that?! So as soon as the 1st drops hit my face, I packed my huge backpack with wheels, my double stroller, kids, DH, and our dog, and we headed back to the hotel. No way am I going to get wet and those rain poncho things do not look good in photos!

I am never going back, not during Easter, not ever! Nothing to do there anyway and a big waste of my money!

P.S. All sarcasm aside now. We had the most fabulous and magical trip this past Easter week. Would DEFINITELY go back again Easter week, although I do wish that others would hate going then, because then we'd have it all to ourselves! :goodvibes

princessmomma
04-30-2005, 09:06 PM
...and no letter or note telling my how much extra I have to pay for those Fast Passes...

wide awake
04-30-2005, 09:24 PM
Okay, I am a big loser...but after reading many posts I thought the OP was serious !!!!! Luckily I read the replies.

JJsmama
04-30-2005, 09:31 PM
P.S. All sarcasm aside now. We had the most fabulous and magical trip this past Easter week. Would DEFINITELY go back again Easter week, although I do wish that others would hate going then, because then we'd have it all to ourselves! :goodvibes

We did too! You should see my photo of us in the mk at 7:10 AM in front of t he castle and NO one else is in the background. LOVED it!

Ladyhawke10
04-30-2005, 09:39 PM
It is 11:30am and we are shoulder to shoulder with 100,000 people (at least). Are we in Manhattan on the last Friday before Christmas? Are we in Central Park at a Billy Joel concert? Why no, we are in MK at WDW on Easter weekend and it is so crowded that the triplets will never get on Dumbo, not even if I throw a tantrum right here in Fantasyland. We paid thousands for our room at a much nicer hotel right on the monorail so we could get to MK easily and I would not have to get up early. Disney has known their crowd patterns for quite some time and I feel that if it was going to be so crowded they should have said something when I checked in. They also forgot to tell me to wear sunscreen, but who is quibbling. I am entitled to things my way and I really resent all these people (some of whom most assuredly are staying at Pop Century) making the lines so long. I demand:

a full refund
a nice dinner at California Grill and those fireworks better be right outside the window
a letter of apology

If anyone else has a complaint, you may post, but nothing is worse than my suffering.

OMG funniest post I've ever read on DIS :banana:

ctrabada
04-30-2005, 10:29 PM
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

#1hockeymom
04-30-2005, 10:30 PM
LOLOLOLOL!
I love it! May I add to my letter that I would appreciate money back on AKL concierge instead of CSR, which is where I would have booked had it not been Easter break and the AP rate wasn't reasonable. LOL

When I read the "first" letter this morning all I could think of was "is this for real?" Thanks for the laugh!
Debbie

Tiggerlover91
05-01-2005, 12:09 AM
You guys have absolutely no sense at all! :rotfl2:

Thought she was serious for a quick minute, til I remembered the "other thread". :rolleyes:

No sense...none....at all. :rolleyes1

scousemouse67
05-01-2005, 07:16 AM
Its about time :crazy: , they banned kids at wdw.

the parks would be great if is wasnt for all those damm children

Ladyhawke10
05-01-2005, 12:35 PM

a full refund
a letter of apology

Well, I was at the GF and couldn't even get a good spot on the dock to watch the fireworks because of all the crowds who'd come over from MK and gathered there. I am going to add my family's name to your letter!!! :rotfl2:

Luv2Roam
05-01-2005, 01:05 PM
:rotfl:
Yeah -- and can't they make the trams and busses NOT leave the diesel fumes?!
And that BIG OLD castle that we have to walk around. Why put it THERE!?
:rotfl:

magsmom
05-01-2005, 01:11 PM
They also forgot to tell me to wear sunscreen, but who is quibbling.

Actually, Disney does tell you to bring sunscreen. It's on the checklist. Whether or not to wear it is up to you. It's included in the resort literature. ;)

Stitchfans
05-01-2005, 01:14 PM
Had me going. I thought she was serious too. My first reaction was how on earth can anyone be that self centered. Then I thought no way can anyone think that way after reading into it. Clever.
I for one putting my 2 cents in had a wonderful time Easter Sunday at MK. The little portion of the parade dedicated to the Easter theme made my day. Such beautiful dresses, and all. posters had warned me ahead of time of the long lines and it was true, so what? Luckily though they were wrong about the lines for the bathrooms. Otherwise I would of been in a lot of trouble. Was drinking a lot of water. To old for accidents. LOL :rolleyes1

woody1967
05-01-2005, 01:16 PM
At least they did not have any loud music playing......

Luv2Roam
05-01-2005, 01:22 PM
loud music playing
yeah -- and whazzup up with all the noise -- parades, music, magical experiences.... How am I suppose to be able to talk on my cell phone!? :sad:

Ladyhawke10
05-01-2005, 01:51 PM
yeah -- and whazzup up with all the noise -- parades, music, magical experiences.... How am I suppose to be able to talk on my cell phone!? :sad:

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

BeckWhy
05-01-2005, 02:01 PM
You will never ever get anything from Disney; especially a full refund. Everyone knows that Easter weekend is one of THE BUSIEST times of the year to go. I'm sorry, but you should have done more research before you went. Just because you didn't ASSUME the senerio doesn't mean that it's Disney's fault. It is your fault for choosing to go THAT WEEKEND.

And I will also doubt that there were at least 100,000 people in the Magic Kingdom. At some point they will not let anymore guests in. I'm not sure what the number is, but I'm sure its under 100k.

Sammy
05-01-2005, 02:06 PM
You will never ever get anything from Disney; especially a full refund. Everyone knows that Easter weekend is one of THE BUSIEST times of the year to go. I'm sorry, but you should have done more research before you went. Just because you didn't ASSUME the senerio doesn't mean that it's Disney's fault. It is your fault for choosing to go THAT WEEKEND.

And I will also doubt that there were at least 100,000 people in the Magic Kingdom. At some point they will not let anymore guests in. I'm not sure what the number is, but I'm sure its under 100k.

Ummmm...you do realize the OP was joking....???? :sunny:

TiggrFan
05-01-2005, 02:11 PM
:sad2:

LOVE the humor on the DIS!!!

Marseeya
05-01-2005, 02:23 PM

Bwahahahahah!!!!

DVC-Don
05-01-2005, 02:30 PM
Just like being back on the old RADP!

Ladyhawke10
05-01-2005, 02:48 PM
At least they did not have any loud music playing......

:rotfl: :cool1:

Marseeya
05-01-2005, 03:48 PM
Someone posted this thread over at stupidguesttricks.com! Must have thought it was serious :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Not that I blame 'em, I'm sure people sometimes do go over the top with their complaints, but how could you not know this one was a joke? The "acknowledgement of superior intelligence" and "kiss on the foot" (eww) might clue you in if the rest didn't!

Ladyhawke10
05-01-2005, 06:11 PM
Someone posted this thread over at stupidguesttricks.com! Must have thought it was serious :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Not that I blame 'em, I'm sure people sometimes do go over the top with their complaints, but how could you not know this one was a joke? The "acknowledgement of superior intelligence" and "kiss on the foot" (eww) might clue you in if the rest didn't!

For the OP's post not to be recognized as irony is scary! Shows how far some of the complaints have crept into the nebulous abyss of ridiculousness...

philaround
05-01-2005, 08:06 PM
OK everyone just move on along. Nothing to see here, absolutely nothing. Keeep the line moving. No rubber necking allowed. :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

BeckWhy
05-01-2005, 08:11 PM
My appologies. I didn't realize that she was joking (because I have seen/heard toooo many things along the same level). And I only skimmed thru the replies, I thought everyone was just mocking her. Again I am sorry.

Marseeya
05-01-2005, 08:46 PM
My appologies. I didn't realize that she was joking (because I have seen/heard toooo many things along the same level). And I only skimmed thru the replies, I thought everyone was just mocking her. Again I am sorry.

That's what's scary! I read the first few lines of it myself and thought, "What the...????" You never know what people are going to gripe about next.

But it sure was funny :rotfl:

BrianMonk
05-01-2005, 09:23 PM
Nomination for:

Lamest.
Post.
Ever.

And that's saying something.

WishinOnaStar
05-01-2005, 09:53 PM
Nomination for:

Lamest.
Post.
Ever.

Really?? This didn't make you laugh? :rotfl:

Ladyhawke10
05-01-2005, 10:03 PM
Nomination for:

Lamest.
Post.
Ever.

Well...Ouch.
I thought the post was very funny and clever! And it's a great idea to remind everyone to laugh about these things once in a while...the little bothersome things that guests go through get so blown out of proportion sometimes! :goodvibes

Disney Bumfords
05-01-2005, 10:27 PM
Nomination for:

Lamest.
Post.
Ever.

Whatsa matta Mr Grumpy Gills!!!

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :wave: :wave: :wave:

BeckWhy
05-01-2005, 10:29 PM
I feel like such a jerk! :guilty:

Disney Bumfords
05-01-2005, 10:49 PM

Aww Beck - it's ok - Feel Bettah!!!

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

oogieboogie
05-01-2005, 11:05 PM

Why? Don't be. I got fooled too until I reread the OP. It's definitely well written and at a glance looks like a real complaint.

It's OK, Beck. :grouphug:

BrianMonk
05-01-2005, 11:10 PM
No, it really didn't make me laugh.

The "mocking" style posts are tired and played out. I've read way too many to laugh at them anymore. Furthermore, while the OP in the original thread may be unjustified, maybe he isn't? I just don't see enough information either way to mock anyone.

NYBlue1
05-01-2005, 11:20 PM
Very funny stuff! :rotfl2:

Alicnwondrln
05-01-2005, 11:30 PM

:rotfl2: :rotfl: :banana: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

Good one

Sammy
05-02-2005, 09:43 AM

Oh! Don't feel that way!!! :grouphug: I was questioning the OP's post too at first....until I started reading the replies! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

alliecats
05-02-2005, 10:57 AM
Actually, Disney does tell you to bring sunscreen. It's on the checklist. Whether or not to wear it is up to you. It's included in the resort literature. ;)

But she doesn't want to have to READ on vacation!D'oh! :rotfl: ;) :teeth:

shopgirl72
05-02-2005, 12:10 PM

:rotfl2:

I agree!!! So, I'll explain to my 7 & 3 year old & 18mo. old grandchildren, that "NO CHILDREN ALLOWED!!", that is why papa, and gramma are going alone for their 33rd anniversary at Christmas!!! :rotfl2:

:earsgirl: shopgirl

triplefigs
05-02-2005, 01:37 PM
it is so crowded that the triplets will never get on Dumbo, not even if I throw a tantrum right here in Fantasyland

Obviously you have never seen a sleep-deprived mom of triplets (from all those darn fireworks!) who will do ANYTHING to make sure that her Mickey-crazed, sugar-hyped kids ride Dumbo... even if it takes an "act of Walt" himself! :rotfl2:

Not that I've *ever* felt that way with my trio! ;)

Now back to my regularly scheduled dose of madness... :rotfl: