PDA

View Full Version : April 2006 First-time Visit to DL

trampslady
04-26-2005, 12:31 PM
We are planning a 14-night cruise from LA to Hawaii roundtrip next April, and we'd love to start our trip with a visit to Disneyland during the celebration. We are seasoned WDW folks, but eagerly anticipate planning a Disneyland adventure. I was surprised when I called today to find out that we can't expect April room rates (or the ability to book!) until around December??!?!? Why so late? I've never experienced such with a hotel. Don't folks forward plan for family getaways to Disneyland like they do to Disneyworld?

Mary Jo
04-26-2005, 12:38 PM
Typically, Disney starts booking hotels anywhere from August - October, so you won't have to wait until December to book your vacation. Were you trying to book a package or a room?

trampslady
04-26-2005, 01:14 PM
I'd like to book either a room (tickets later) or a package if the price is right. I'm an airline employee, and we often get discounted room rates (I understand the same applies to DL). I haven't checked out ticket prices yet either. That's good news regarding the dates. I'll be certain to watch closely around August.

DLovinFam
04-26-2005, 03:02 PM
Yes, you should be able to book at the end of the summer. We booked our August 2005 trip in September of 2004.

De Ann

trampslady
04-26-2005, 03:14 PM
Perfect! Would you experts have any advise for first-timers? It's just hubby and I as we don't have kiddos. He will be closing in on 40 and I'm 37. We LOVE, LOVE, LOVE DisneyWorld and are DVC members. I think we will plan to stay at the Grand Californian as it really appeals to our taste. Should be shoot for a day at each park?