PDA

View Full Version : When do the Christmas Decorations come out?

rsschneck
04-25-2005, 02:34 PM
Just booked a girls weekend for November 10-12th. When do the Christmas Decorations start showing up?

We have been to DL and WDW during Christmas and I would love to get a sneak peak of the decorations while we are there.

disneychrista
04-25-2005, 02:51 PM
They start to decorate in October (no kidding). Most if not all will be out by your trip.

Amy&Dan
04-25-2005, 05:04 PM
We were there that same time in 2004 and then again 4 weeks later in December. In November everything was the same as far as decorations. That was also the first weekend they did the holiday firework show. They did not yet have the holiday parade however, I believe that starts around Thanksgiving. That time in November is great! Beautiful Christmas decor but little crowds!

rsschneck
04-25-2005, 11:07 PM
Thanks for the replies! :cheer2: I was hoping the decorations would be up already. That will be the icing on the cake for my DD (age 8). We are leaving Dad at home and having a girls weekend. The princess breakfast, clu libby lu, build a bear, etc. I will want to go home and start decorating for the holidays! :cool1:

The atmosphere will be great without the HUGE crowds! :cheer2:

dsnylndmom
04-25-2005, 11:59 PM
Just a warning, since that's Veteran's Day weekend you will get some crowds. We've gone 3 times in Nov. twice over Veteran's Day Weekend and once the following weekend. The following weekend was great absolutely no crowds, but VDay weekend tends to get pretty busy! Both Veteran's Day trips were for my youngest son's bday and the first time it was 2 slow but rainy days(GREAT)and 2 beautiful but packed days. The second trip, last year was slow on Thurs & Friday wasn't bad but Sat and Sunday were PACKED(which could be said about anyweekend really)
But we made the best of Saturday by doing birthday celebrations that day and spending literally hours in Redwood Creek.
Just a heads up! I'm sure you'll have a great time, there's nothing better than DL and Christmas all wrapped up in glittery goodness!! :earboy2:

Mickey's old friend
04-26-2005, 09:27 AM
I work retail and can never get time off in Nov or Dec. :confused3
I plan on turning my park hoppers into AP's so I can get a couple days
in DL with Christmas decorations Jan 2-4. I hope they will still be up! :Pinkbounc

disneychrista
04-26-2005, 10:16 AM
They come down the Monday after New Years.

Mickey's old friend
04-26-2005, 10:26 AM
They come down the Monday after New Years.

Oh, no! Does that mean they will come down Jan 2nd?

disneychrista
04-26-2005, 12:25 PM
If they follow the same pattern they have in years past then yes this would be when they will begin to take them down. Also HMH and Small World Holiday will both go down for their overlay removal.

rsschneck
04-26-2005, 09:05 PM
Just a warning, since that's Veteran's Day weekend you will get some crowds. We've gone 3 times in Nov. twice over Veteran's Day Weekend and once the following weekend. The following weekend was great absolutely no crowds, but VDay weekend tends to get pretty busy! Both Veteran's Day trips were for my youngest son's bday and the first time it was 2 slow but rainy days(GREAT)and 2 beautiful but packed days. The second trip, last year was slow on Thurs & Friday wasn't bad but Sat and Sunday were PACKED(which could be said about anyweekend really)
But we made the best of Saturday by doing birthday celebrations that day and spending literally hours in Redwood Creek.
Just a heads up! I'm sure you'll have a great time, there's nothing better than DL and Christmas all wrapped up in glittery goodness!! :earboy2:

I am hopeful that Thursday and Friday will be okay (crowd wise). We need to leave for the airport around 5:30 pm on Saturday and hope to just do the "one last time" rides! :cool1:
Thanks for your past experiences during that time of the year!

calypso*a*go-go
04-27-2005, 01:19 PM
Roxann: Have you ever been @ DL when it is decorated for Christmas? If not, you are in for a treat. Make sure you see Small World after dark as every square inch of it is covered with pastel colored lights. It is just beautiful and always makes me blubber like a baby!!!

rsschneck
04-27-2005, 10:37 PM
Roxann: Have you ever been @ DL when it is decorated for Christmas? If not, you are in for a treat. Make sure you see Small World after dark as every square inch of it is covered with pastel colored lights. It is just beautiful and always makes me blubber like a baby!!!

Lisa-Yes we have been there DURING Christmas. It was a mad house. I want the decorations without the HUGE crowds. We went to WDW this past Christmas. DL is cooler with Small World and Haunted Mansion. DD and I are excited for the girls trip! :cool1: