PDA

View Full Version : Walk in Walt's Footsteps on Sunday May 22?

janner
04-23-2005, 10:25 PM
Hi all you DisneyLand experts:
DP Maddy and I are going to be at DL/CA from mid-day Saturday, May 21, through the end of the day Tuesday, May 24.
Would Sunday be a good day to take the "Walk in Walt's Footsteps" tour?
We were thinking that Sundays are busy in DL, and the tour would be a fun thing to do in the park while the crowds were there. It would get us in the park and doing something interesting, without standing in long lines. We figure Monday and Tuesday would be better for the rides.
Are we on the right track?
Janet

poohj80
04-24-2005, 08:48 AM
We will be there the exact same time and have been told that our tour booked through a package will automatically be on Sunday May 22. We are hoping to change it to Monday when we get there, but if that's not possible we may see ya there!

PJ

JC Butterfly
04-24-2005, 09:03 AM
I booked my tour through a package too and when I tried to make reservations for it they said that the package comes with a voucher for me to take the tour whenever I wanted, I'd feel better having actual reservations though!

so I guess since you both have weekend days selected, that proves that it is offered 7 days a week?

Janner-- have you been to Disneyland before? The only potential "flaw" I see is that if this is your very first visit, you're taking the tour before you've had a chance to experience all of Disneyland (since you'll only have a half day on Saturday) but I agree it's nice to avoid the crowds. Maybe if you took the 2:00 tour on Sunday, then you'd still have the morning to avoid some crowds and experience more.

It seems like good reasoning that Monday and Tuesday will be somewhat less busy. However that is the week before Memorial Day weekend and some schools will already be starting to let out so that week would be slightly more busy than going in say early May I would guess.

poohj80
04-24-2005, 09:10 AM
Our tour is part of the 50th Commemorative package and we were told the tour is automatically booked for the day after arrival. However, the day after arrival is my birthday and we already have PS at Blue Bayou for lunch that day which is why I'd like to move the tour to Monday. If it turns out impossible, guess we'll just adjust.

We also wanted to have time to experience the parks before the tour so we could come up with some good questions for our guide. Since it's been nearly 9 years since we've been to DL, I'm sure we'll have a lot to ask.

janner
04-24-2005, 09:50 PM
JC and Poohj80,
Thank you so much for your thoughtful replies. JC, tes, we have been to DL before, and the 2:00 tour is the one we are planning to take. Sounds like it will work out great.
And Pooh, for your sake I hope you get to switch to Monday, but if not, we'll enjoy meeting you on Sunday.
Thanks again.
Janner

poohj80
04-25-2005, 11:38 AM
I have another question for those who have taken the tour - I thought lunch was included in the tour. How is this handled with the 2 PM tour? Is it more of a dinner?

Thanks again for all the help!

PJ

disneybeachbum
04-25-2005, 09:52 PM
I am curious too about the afternoon tour. We are wondering if we will need to plan a dinner for that night. Has anyone been on the afternoon tour?

disneybeachbum
04-28-2005, 08:52 PM
bump please

DonnettaR
04-29-2005, 06:59 AM
bumping again. I was thinking about doing the afternoon tour as well

RADOPT
04-29-2005, 10:40 AM
We are taking the tour May 7th at 9am. From what I remember, the afternoon "lunch" is about the same as the morning lunch -so it would be a lighter "dinner". We took the 9am since we are not going for the rides - it's an adults :Pinkbounc only weekend so we can do the things we are not able to with the kids. If we wanted to do the rides, we woud have picked the afternoon tour and hit the rides first thing.

If you into rides and not as much into Walt Disney's apartment,etc., the new tour includes alot of rides (and ride information) durning the tour, goes into the new exibit and preferred seating on some.

DonnettaR
04-29-2005, 11:31 AM
We are taking the tour May 7th at 9am. From what I remember, the afternoon "lunch" is about the same as the morning lunch -so it would be a lighter "dinner". We took the 9am since we are not going for the rides - it's an adults :Pinkbounc only weekend so we can do the things we are not able to with the kids. If we wanted to do the rides, we woud have picked the afternoon tour and hit the rides first thing.

If you into rides and not as much into Walt Disney's apartment,etc., the new tour includes alot of rides (and ride information) durning the tour, goes into the new exibit and preferred seating on some.

Since it is in the afternoon, do you do lunch first and then tour or is it the same as the 9:00?

RADOPT
04-29-2005, 12:34 PM
If I remember correctly, you do the tour first. I would suggust you call, your within the time frame for the reservation.

janner
05-06-2005, 02:53 PM
We also had been curious about timing of the meal for the afternoon tour. We want to be hungry enough to enjoy the free meal, but not so hungry that we don't fully enjoy the rest of the tour.

When I made our tour ressie, I posed brought this up with the cast member, who replied that she "thought" the meal was in the middle of the tour. That tentative verbiage doesn't cut it with me, so I will be checking with guest services the day before we go.

Janet

DonnettaR
05-07-2005, 12:44 PM
When I made our tour ressie, I posed brought this up with the cast member, who replied that she "thought" the meal was in the middle of the tour. That tentative verbiage doesn't cut it with me, so I will be checking with guest services the day before we go.

Janet[/QUOTE]

Please let us all know the answer. When will you be going to DL?