PDA

View Full Version : Beach swimming in early Oct. (San Diego)?

MrsMud
04-23-2005, 12:03 PM
Having never been near San Diego, I really don't know what the water temps are during different seasons. We are going the first week in Oct. I would love to visit La Jolla or one of the other beautiful beaches, but I am wondering if my kids could go in the water (of course they will want to),or if it will be too cold. Thanks in advance!

msteddom
04-23-2005, 02:57 PM
The water will be quite cold, but the weather in October is unpredictable. I could be ouring rain or it could be 80 degrees and gorgeous. Of course knowing kids, they really won't care how cold the water is!

Melissa

thatgirl'smom
04-23-2005, 06:57 PM
We live in San Diego and I think they only time it's really too cold to go swimming is Jan. and Feb. In my opinion, summer here is July thru Thanksgiving (I lived in Montana before! :) ) and you can have perfect beach days just about any time it's not raining. Even if it's a cool-ish day, the kids can still roll up their pants and collect shells.

My favorite beachs are Coronado, Carlsbad, and Del Mar. I'm not a big fan of the La Jolla beach.

Have fun at the beach!

DepCor0311
04-24-2005, 10:19 AM
In Oct. you can expect the water temp to be about 60 degrees F, tops. It hovers around 56-ish...which is pretty darn cold.