View Full Version : Disneyland Hotel Questions
04-21-2005, 02:26 PM
Was able to lock in a pretty decent rate for a premium view room at the Disneyland Hotel and I have some questions.
1. What kind of view do the "premium" rooms have? The DL website states "park" views. Does that mean I can see Disneyland from there?
2. Can you recommend a room/location that has great views and is close to everything?
3. The CM stated that the DL hotel is only 2 minutes from the DTD monorail stop. Is this true?
4. Can you see fireworks, etc. from the Premium view rooms?
5. Can you fax room preferences to this hotel?
6. I am flying out of Orange County airport. Is this the same as John Wayne airport?
04-21-2005, 03:55 PM
The only thing I can answer for you is about the monorail stop - yes - it's about a 2 minute walk, maybe 3, from the front entrance. As far as park views - you'd be able to see Disneyland , or from some rooms part of CA Adv. Good luck!
04-21-2005, 10:01 PM
I'm not the best expert on DLH, but I'll take a shot at your questions. If I'm mistaken on any point, I'm sure someone will correct me.
First, if you haven't already, may I suggest you take a look at Mary Jo's excellent thread on the DLH complete with lots of cool pixs (including arials) and great information.
1-2 "View" rooms may offer views of DTD (looking towards the parks) or the pool area. If premium views are different, my guess would be that these are high floor DTD/park views looking toward DL. I think the high floor Sierra Tower DTD/park view rooms would be your best bet. It sounds like this may be what you have.
"View" rooms are offered in all 3 towers, but the Sierra Tower is closest to DL and DTD. The Sierra Tower offers the best (only?) DTD/park views. There are also view rooms from the Sierra, Marina, and Bonita Tower that look towards the pool. I believe you can also see DL and fireworks from some of the higher floor rooms in the Bonita Tower. The Bonita Tower is the farthest from DL and the monorail, the Sierra Tower is the closest. In summary, you probably want to request Sierra, DTD/park view for the best location and views.
3. 2 minutes to the monorail from the Sierra Tower is fair. Add a minute from the Marina, and a few extra minutes from the Bonita. That assume no stopping to look around or chase little ones. The monorail stop used to be considered to be at the DLH before the refurb/addition of DTD.
4.You can see fireworks from most of the rooms on the DTD side of the Sierra Tower, some high view rooms in the Bonita Tower, and even some standard view rooms of the Marina Tower.
5. I've not heard of people faxing room requests to the DLH as people often do for WDW resorts reservations. However, I have made requests while making reservations, and upon check-in. These requests have always been at least considered.
6. Yes, John Wayne and Orange County airport are one and the same. It's a nice airport; small, but not so small that you feel like you're on the set of Wings. It's also the closest to DL.
Hope you enjoy your west coast Disney visit!
we just got back. We had a standard room in the Marina Tower, third floor. Much to my surprise we could see parts of DL, including Indiana Jones. Also, although no fireworks were scheduled, they are practicing for the 50th and we saw fireworks every night. Short walk to the monorail, but sometimes the waits were too long, or we wanted to get there early and it doesn't go early. Also, no food or drinks on the monorail, so if you like morning coffee, drink it before you get in line. Also, if you ask the hotel will bring you a coffee pot.
vBulletin® v3.8.4, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.