PDA

View Full Version : Walk in Walt's Shoes

redrider
04-20-2005, 08:42 PM
Is the Walk in Walt's Shoes worth the time? I've lost count of the number of times that we have been to DL. This sounded interesting. I was thinking of doing it on the Sunday before we leave. :earsgirl:

B9erSteve
04-21-2005, 01:41 AM
I really enjoyed it. Lot's of trivia. Some you will know and some that will be new to you. Not much behind the scenes stuff.

DonnettaR
04-21-2005, 06:56 AM
I really enjoyed it. Lot's of trivia. Some you will know and some that will be new to you. Not much behind the scenes stuff.

Save us the $49 and tell us the trivia we don't know. ;)

Royness
04-21-2005, 08:40 AM
Sometimes, Disney runs a promotion for AAA members and AP members. Instead of the regular $49, they will give a discount of $10, dropping the price to $39. I think the tour is a little over 3 hours. You get a different version of the Jungle Cruise (without the jokes from the regular Jungle Cruise guide) and you get to step into the lobby of Club 33 (which is probably the only time I get to go inside). You wind up having a meal at the end of the tour where you can ask your tour guide basically any question you want about Disneyland. Currently, during the 50th anniversary, they are handing out gold pins at the end of the tour.

Disneyland_emily
04-21-2005, 11:16 AM
Okay that cements it- I need to take the tour this year :)

Ive taken the previous incarnation of the tour (when it was 15 bucks and no lunch) and Ive been tempted to take it again (course I always seem to be there when its inconvienent to take it.. :))

-em

DonnettaR
04-21-2005, 03:55 PM
How do you get the AAA price? We booked using a TA. Do we go through her or is this something we can do on our own? Which tour is better, morning or afternoon? Thanks.

Mary Jo
04-21-2005, 03:57 PM
You can call 714-781-4400 & reserve the tour w/your credit card & let them know you have AAA also.

There is a great recap of the tour on the Disneyland Trip Report board.

DonnettaR
04-22-2005, 02:21 PM
You can call 714-781-4400 & reserve the tour w/your credit card & let them know you have AAA also.

There is a great recap of the tour on the Disneyland Trip Report board.

Which trip report?

liliagm
04-22-2005, 03:15 PM
I was over there last weekend solo, my DH was at a meeting at the convention center so after 2 days doing the parks by myself I had pretty much done everything and on sunday I stumbled on the Tour cart and decided to go for it, they had spaces available, paid $39 with AAA card at the city hall and took the afternoon tour, I liked it a lot, just keep in mind that Jungle cruise is not open yet and that the Disney Gallery is closed so we ended up having lunch at the Golden Horseshoe, during their show...,
The pin is all gold with an image of the castle and at the bottom it says Walk in Walt's Footseps" and on the back side it says its a limited edition (because of the 50th)