04-19-2005, 10:29 AM
One of our local papers did a bunch of articles on DL and the 50th celebration. I thought this particular article showed a lot of helpful links; hope this is of interest to someone. :earsboy:
04-19-2005, 08:46 PM
Is there any way to see the links without registering to the Mercury News?
04-20-2005, 09:54 AM
Disney-related web sites
By Steve Marinucci
Here's a list of some Disneyland sites that demonstrate people take Mickey Mouse very seriously:
• Disneyland -- www.disneyland.com: The official site that is, ultimately, an Internet advertisement for the park. Contains park schedules, updates on what attractions are running and which aren't, online ticket sales, annual pass information and lots more. Very graphic intensive, but well worth the view on a broadband connection. But it's all strictly by the Disney book. There are other unofficial options, however, such as . . .
• Yesterland -- www.yesterland.com: Fans who pine for the park of the past can see glimpses of it here. The site features information on discontinued attractions, which are grouped on the home page by the area they were in, including Main Street, Fantasyland, Frontierland, Bear Country, New Orleans Square and Adventureland. It has a lot of pictures and text that are sure to bring back memories.
• Donald Laird's Virtual Disneyland Tour -- www.donaldlaird.com/personal/disney/virtual/ -- A step-by-step tour of the Anaheim park through pictures with icons.
• What Is a Hidden Mickey? -- http://www.hiddenmickeys.org/WhatIs.html: ``Hidden Mickeys'' are likenesses of Mickey Mouse hidden all around Disneyland. This page explains more in detail.
• The More Hidden Mickeys Page -- http://members.cox.net/keith.comer/mickeys/mickeys.htm: This site lists many of them.
Just Disney.com -- www.justdisney.com/: History, sounds and pictures of Walt Disney and Disneyland, the history of the park and its attractions.
Mouse Planet -- www.mouseplanet.com: This site has information on both Walt Disney World and Disneyland, though its strong point is the in-depth feature coverage of Disney news and happenings. Includes theme park and restaurant guides.
• 50 Years of Souvenirs -- http://users.sisna.com/matkinson/: Disneyland souvenirs through the years.
• Disneyland's Grand Opening -- www.usc.edu/isd/archives/la/disneyland/Archival pictures of the park under construction.
• The Disneyland Game -- www.inkyfingers.com/Disneygame.html: Pictures taken around the park of things that take a little observation. How well do you know Disneyland?
• Celebrities at Disneyland (and Club 33) -- www.seeing-stars.com/Play/Club33.shtml -- Anecdotes of celebrity connections and visits to Disneyland, plus information on the super-exclusive dining area Club 33 in New Orleans Square, a celebrity hangout.
• Disney Dreamer -- www.disneydreamer.com/default.htm: More history of Disneyland (and Walt Disney World), with plenty of pictures.
• The Laughing Place -- www.laughingplace.com -- A roundup of news from Disneyland and the Disney empire.
• Jim Hill Media -- www.jimhillmedia.com -- Among the essays about the Walt Disney Co. on this blogsite, the owner tells of his experience being kicked out of Disneyland for giving unofficial audio tours. Look for the essay ``Darth Disney versus Obi Wan Jimnobi'' at www.jimhillmedia.com/mb/articles/showarticle.php?ID=1363.
• The Imaginary World -- http://theimaginaryworld.com/dtour01.html: Vintage tourist photos of Disneyland.
• Disneyland Postcards -- www.disneylandpostcards.com: Disneyland postcards through the years.
vBulletin® v3.8.4, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.