PDA

View Full Version : Mom of Groom attire

Morganpics
04-19-2005, 08:15 AM
My DS and my soon to be DDIL are getting married at Sunset Pointe on November 5. I have no idea what to wear. I am not a dressy person. Any suggestions would be very helpful. Thanks!!

ead79
04-19-2005, 09:19 AM
I would ask the bride what type of attire she wants you to wear. I would imagine that a dress would probably be what she has in mind. Typically the mother of the groom is pretty dressed up since she is a part of the wedding. Perhaps you could wear a tea length dress in a color that will work well with the wedding colors. Traditionally the mother of the bride shouldn’t wear black, any shade of white/off-white, or the color of the bridesmaids dresses. However, some brides don’t mind if the mother of the groom bends those traditions a bit—just check with the bride to see what she has in mind for you to wear. Enjoy the wedding!

hmgolden
04-19-2005, 09:37 AM
Asking the bride is a great idea. You should match the formality of the rest of the wedding, and especially the formality of the mother of the bride's outfit.

Congratulations, and enjoy the wedding!

Morganpics
04-19-2005, 12:05 PM
Thanks very much-we are really excited about it and are looking forward to not only the wedding, but the addition of a wonderful girl to our family. :flower:

hjc1277
04-19-2005, 01:24 PM
I'm just chiming in to agree with everyone else... traditionally the mother of the bride sets the tone for the mother's outfits... so I would check with her (or the bride) to see what you should wear. Hope this helps!

-Heidi