PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Info T or F?

Mom2Joce
04-18-2005, 11:04 PM
Went to the book store today with my little one and noticed they had some Disneyland Guides. I got one that looked fun to read and taking it all with a grain of salt but thought I'd ask a few questions about what I've read so far!

They say that there is a HUB where you can check how long the lines are for ANY ride, one at the end of Main Street and the other in Tomorrow Land!!
T or F?
If true where EXACTLY is each located? And what am I looking for? A computer? A person? Is it worth it? Or do you have to stand in line to see how long the lines for the ride are? hehehe!!

Next I read that the early entry times were 90 minutes before the park opened? Is that true? I assumed it was 60 minutes?!?!?!

I'm only at Chapter 5 so I'm sure I'll add to this post over the next few days :)

CalGal
04-18-2005, 11:40 PM
There is an information board at the end of Main Street on the left side, close to the entrance to Adventureland. "The Board", as my DS and I affectionately call it, is generally manned by one or two cast members with radios, and lists the current queue times for many of the more popular rides. It also lists the times of parades and shows. The cast members are there to answer questions, and there are rarely more than a couple of guests checking out the board at any given time, so there is no "line". "The Board" does not operate during all operating hours, but does generally operate when the park is busy. (The board is covered early morning, late, and when the park is not busy).
If there is a board in Tomorrowland, I haven't seen it and would venture to guess that it's a recent addition. The one on Main Street has been there for a long time. I believe there is also an info board at DCA, located near Sunshine Plaza.

I haven't been since Early Admission restarted, so I can't answer that question. It used to be 90 minutes a few years ago before it was stopped and recently restarted. It's currently only advertised to be 60 minutes.

Lollipop's Mom
04-19-2005, 01:38 AM
There is a website where this guy would post photos of this board every day, showing the wait times at around 2pm (I think). I tried to find it, but can't. Does anyone know the one I mean? Can you post the link?

Mom2Joce
04-19-2005, 10:50 AM
Thanks for the info, that really helps. I will call the hotel and verify the EE :)

dsnylndmom
04-19-2005, 11:41 AM
The board is also good to find out character info! My son is a HUGE Prince Phillip fan and he is the hardest guy to track down! :rotfl: So we always make a stop at the board first thing to check to see if Prince Phillip will be in the park that day it's great.

Mom2Joce
04-19-2005, 12:00 PM
Yes, I was only thinking attractions but they post character schedules as well? For the whole day?

dletz
04-19-2005, 12:42 PM
EE is 1 hour. Also I know they have parade and show times on the board, but don't recall seeing characters. However you can ask the CMs there as they have a paper that tells you where they all are and when.

Never seen one in Tomorrowland and i was just there friday night. Also they used to have one in DCA and sometimes it pops up now and then. I think when it's really busy they bring it out. The one in DCA is located by the bridge leading to Ariels Grotto near golden dreams.

AFMom
04-19-2005, 12:55 PM
In regards to finding characters - I belive any cast member can also use their walkie-talkies to call in and ask where and when each character will be. We've never done this - but I've read about it.

dletz
04-19-2005, 01:04 PM
If they have a walkie talkie they can. However all CMs have access (though they don't always pick them up) to a weekly guide that tells them hours of restuarants, shops, shows, entertainment (including the street entertainment), where and when characters are. So you can approach any CM and ask them. Most should have the info at their fingertips. These guides are given out on a weekly basis, so the information is usually pretty current.