PDA

View Full Version : Portofino Hotel and Suites

starlette
04-17-2005, 02:45 AM
I was wondering if anyone here has stayed at the Portofino and if ya have , would you mind sharing your experience? Thank so much!

Lisa :flower:

starlette
04-17-2005, 01:46 PM
Anyone???? :wave2:

ploeb
04-18-2005, 01:04 PM
Hi there! I stayed at that site 3 years ago.With my family of 6 :grouphug: It was great!! The GM,( Colin) was awsome! I called 2 weeks befor my arrival and requested a birthday bucket for each of my children, :wizard: and he had books, juice boxes, crackers, crayons, stickers, and sunblock in them. This place is a little ways from the park.Across the street!! The only reason I stay at the Disney Hotels now is because they allow me to make reservations a full 18 mo. ahead of time and allow me to make payments the entire year! If you stay at the Portofino, stay in the kids suite. Have fun!! Patty :earsgirl:

starlette
04-18-2005, 02:08 PM
Hi Patty! Thanks for your reply. I was getting a bit nervous thinking my lack of responses was because there wasn't anything good to report. I'm relieved to hear you had an awesome experience at Portofino. We are a family of 5 with kids age 14, 12 and 7...and YAY!!!!....I booked the kid's suite! The kids are excited about the bunk beds. My two youngest have flipped a coin to see who will get the top bunk the first night. I told them that none of it counts until we get there and then we'll flip a coin. I can't bear 2 months of hearing "No fair...he (or she) always get's it first"...lol.

That's neat that they had all those goodies for your kids! Were all your kids birthdays during your stay at Disneyland??? My oldest will be 15 on July 30th but I don't think he'd care to much for the color book and crayons but my 7 year old would love it! Hmmmm....

firstcruiser
04-18-2005, 03:58 PM
We've stayed there often. If you exit at the back of the parking lot and cross at the convention center there is an entrace to the parking lot behind CA. You walk a little way and a tram will pick you up. I believe it is the Timon shuttle. It isn't a bad walk. It took us about 10 minutes.

ploeb
04-19-2005, 12:44 PM
You know, you can pretty much get anything delivered to your room, even a cake. We had the staff go get one from the locale groc. store. for our kids. There birthdas are all in the summer months, so this is their birthday trip. Its one of those no holds bar trips. We always give them the choice of celebrating with big partys indiv. or together. If they celebrate together then they get the big trip. We will be there the same time as you! Have a great trip!! Patty :cool1: