PDA

View Full Version : What kind of food/restaurants are at SW?

Xhausted
08-13-2001, 09:19 PM
The only thing I know is that someone told me there are deli style sandwiches back in the AB hospitality area (while DH is getting his free sip of beer *ha ha*)....

But we are planning first day lunch and next day supper there...

What kinds of food can I expect?
Prices?

and no we don't want to do the Luau... it costs too much $$ for my family of 5. *ouch*

Thanks for your help!

Xhausted

WebmasterBarry
08-13-2001, 09:34 PM
Go to http://www.swoinfo.com/dining.htm for dining options. Prices run about $6-$8 plus $1.50 to $2 for a drink.

gschmerl
08-14-2001, 07:37 AM
We ate at the Bimini Bay Cafe which is a nice sit down restaurant with good food. We enjoyed our meal there.

robvia
08-15-2001, 08:14 AM
Yes, the deli sandwich shop in the back of the park by the hospitality center is da bomb (great). The hubby can get a beer sample to go with it. It was really funny, my daughter and I headed over there to see the horses. It was early, 11am. We decided to have an early lunch. We we're looking at the menu trying to decide, and all of a sudden, 20 people show up and get in line. The place filled up in a matter of minutes. Get there early at 11am or later at 2pm, else you'll wait in a long line. The prices are reasonable, and the food is great.

There is a pizza joint located near Kraken. It's nothing special, but it is pizza and french fries. Maybe you can do the pizza joint for lunch one day, and then the deli shop for dinner then next. The kids can share a pizza because they give you a bunch of fries with it.

webmomom
08-26-2001, 04:15 PM
I just got back from SW and we ate two lunches there. The first was a place called Chicken n' bisket. They had fried chicken, ff, club sandwich (turkey,ham, cheese, lettuce and tomatoe on wheat bread, with potatoe salad) Ceasar salad with and withou chicken. deserts . We had the strawberries which were very good.
All of us opted for the Club Sand wich which was very fresh and tasty.

On the second day we were getting hungry and were near Mama Bella I think was the name rest. I had read the food was not very good there, but we went in anyway. The had spagehetti with meat sauce, pizza, chicken parm sandwich, and again ceasar salad with or without chicken. About 5 choices for desert. I will tell you it was very good. We all choose the spagehetti and there was nothing wrong with it. It is near the Shark encounter is.
The only thing we did not really enjoy was the soft Ice Cream. They only had vanilla. It had no taste. It was like eating Ice Milk.

figgy4me
09-16-2001, 07:06 PM
We always eat a late lunch and get the BBQ chicken.... It is a really good meal for the price. Depending on how hungry you are, you can get the half a chicken for a little more and split the plate. Good food, good price and got a meal not a sandwich.

kellymonaghan
09-17-2001, 11:23 AM
I always try to eat at Bimini Bay. Given the quality of the food, the price is a REAL bargain.

My second favorite is the barbecue. There are two choices, both excellent and they don;t price gouge. You'll pay about what you'd pay at Sonny's outside the park.

For dessert, the cherry chocolate cake, which you can find at most of the cafeteria style restaurants, is EXCELLENT.