PDA

View Full Version : Kodak DX7590??

cocowum
04-04-2005, 11:56 AM
Does anyone know where I can find the best deal on a spare battery??
Also, can anyone who owns this camera tell me how long the battery that come with the camera lasts? TIA :flower:

cocowum
04-04-2005, 01:30 PM
:Pinkbounc Anyone?? :Pinkbounc

05ChristmasSurprise
04-04-2005, 01:52 PM
Found this through google:

The DX7590 uses the KLIC-5001 battery, which has an impressive 6.3 Wh of power. Kodak estimates that you can take 275 - 325 photos per charge, which is a significant improvement over the DX6490. If you have some of the old KLIC-5000 batteries sitting around, you can use those as well, but they won't last for as long as the KLIC-5001.

The usual warnings about proprietary batteries apply here. They're expensive ($30 each), and you can't just grab some AA alkalines off the shelf to get you through the rest of the day.

You can probably get a spare battery at a good camera shop or even Best Buy. They said it takes 3 hours to fully charge the battery on the dock.

areno79
04-04-2005, 01:55 PM
Hi Cocowum! We just bought this camera two weeks ago, and love it! I would also like any info as to where the best place to buy a spare battery is...we bought our camera at Officemax, so I'm wondering if they have them there??

We haven't used the battery all up, but I believe it's 6 hours of continuous shooting that the battery lasts. I can check when I get home and let you know :) I love that it only takes 3 hours to charge the battery too, such a timesaver!

ellenbenny
04-04-2005, 02:04 PM
Best price I have found for this battery is buy.com for $22.78

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=10365831&SearchEngine=LSchannelintelligence&SearchTerm=10365831&Type=LS&dcaid=1688

I have the camera but just got it last week, so I haven't used it enough to say how long the battery will last, but I did read from the manual that it should last approx 275 pictures.

areno79
04-04-2005, 02:12 PM
I want to know where to get a camera case for it. It came with the strap, but we like to have a case for when we're not using it. Something more substantial than a Ziploc baggie :)

cocowum
04-04-2005, 03:04 PM
thanks for the info guys :teeth: Can't wait to get to WDW and start taking pics :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

areno79, I bought my camera bag at best buy.

jenr812
04-04-2005, 03:32 PM
thanks for the info guys :teeth: Can't wait to get to WDW and start taking pics :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

areno79, I bought my camera bag at best buy.
Do you know what kind of bag you got? I am looking for one - the camera is so big it's difficult to find a good bag. As far as the battery, I've had it since Christmas and have found the battery life to be terrific - much better than my old HP Digital Camera. I've only ever had it die on me once and that was Christmas Day after taking about 300 pics :goodvibes Thanks to the person who posted the link for the extra battery - I am going to get one before our trip JIC :)

cocowum
04-04-2005, 03:44 PM
No sorry I don't know the name it's not written on the bag anywhere :confused3 My DH picked it up.

KaitlinsMom
04-04-2005, 04:31 PM
How does everyone like this camera - I have heard great things about it - But the con that I hear about it is sometimes it does not focus on the right object - therefore, creating a fuzzy picture -

Can anyone comment on this (only because I am really interested in getting the camera myself)

Thanks!

Karen

cocowum
04-04-2005, 04:45 PM
I love it! I also only paid about $350 (I tend to love things alot more when I get a good deal) The pic of DD in my sig was taken with my camera. I was outside about forty?? feet away and took the pic. I haven't figured everything out yet but so far I'm really happy with the pics I'm taking. :cool1:

areno79
04-04-2005, 07:10 PM
We got ours at a Friends and Family event at Officemax...for only $250!!! :banana: I was leery as we already have a Sony digital, but I'm glad DH convinced me. The quality is excellent, and it's an easy to use camera :flower:

poohangel
04-04-2005, 09:36 PM
I love this camera. I cant wait to take wdw pics with it. Anyone take any firework shots yet or nighttime pics they would like to share? Just wondering how they turn out

God Bless, poohangel

BrittnTylersMom
04-04-2005, 10:51 PM
They're veeery cheap on Ebay!! :)

manticore
04-05-2005, 06:09 AM
I want to know where to get a camera case for it. It came with the strap, but we like to have a case for when we're not using it. Something more substantial than a Ziploc baggie :)

I picked up the DX6490 a year or so ago for my DW. The camera body is essentially the same as the DX7590. The case I got her is the Lowepro Rezo TLZ 10, which you can get at Best Buy for $23.00. It is a very nice case. It will hold the camera some cables as well as extra memory cards and a spare battery. Here is information on the bag http://www.lowepro.com/Products/Toploading/designed_digital/Rezo_TLZ_10.aspx Here is a chart that shows the compatibility with their cases.
http://www.lowepro.com/images/downloads/digital_matrix.pdf

Enjoy it is a nice camera. :wave2:

areno79
04-05-2005, 09:47 AM
Thanks for the tips, I'll try Best Buy :)