PDA

View Full Version : ? about outlet near Arlington VA

winniedapooh
04-03-2005, 07:13 PM
Hey all,
I am heading out to a conference Weds. through Saturday and saw that there is an outlet-yes I am a sick person I did a yellow pages check to see if there were any stores near where we are staying! :rotfl: I saw one approx. 25 minutes away and was wondering how good it is and if it is still open? I can always call but figure you all would have better info. for me. Thanks so much! :wizard:

jckdisneybound
04-03-2005, 07:17 PM
If you are thinking of Potomac Mills, well it's just AWESOME!!!! Gap, Saks, Ikea, Children's Place, name it they have. I love that place. If it is someplace else, sorry I can't help you.

weregoingtodw
04-03-2005, 07:36 PM
I agree - the entire Potomac Mills area has tons of great deals! You'll definitely want a car, though...

Their website is at http://www.potomacmills.com. Enjoy!

winniedapooh
04-04-2005, 12:43 PM
That is it and is there a Disney store/outlet there as well! :flower:

jez4100
04-04-2005, 03:19 PM
Yes there is a disney outlet right near the food court. We always stop when in the area.

georgeat
04-04-2005, 03:51 PM
To get to Potomac Mills from Arlington. Take the beltway (495) west to 95 south (a left exit). Take 95 south to Woodbridge. Follow the traffic to Potomac Mills

phowell13
04-05-2005, 03:10 PM
If you will not have access to a car, on weekdays (not weekends) you can take the metro to Franconia-Springfield Metro station and then catch a bus to Potomac Mills. Here is the schedule.

http://www.prtctransit.org/omniride/pwmd-am.php

The Disney Catalog Outlet is awesome. They have a lot of stuff that you
won't find in the regular disney stores and they always have deals of the week.

mickeyluv'r
04-05-2005, 04:21 PM
If you like shopping, there is a lot of shopping in the DC area - Tyson's Corner, Crystal City, and Georgetown (just to name a few, although there aren't too many discount shops in Georgetown) Be sure to check out the Cherry blossoms while you are here - it is an absolute must!!!!!!!!! something to check off the great list-of-things-to-do-before-you-die, IMHO. I love shopping, but I'd go to the national mall (Smithsonian) and the cherry blossoms long before I'd head to a shopping mall. Nothing says SPRING like the cherry blossoms. If you've never been to the National Mall (Smithsonian) I highly suggest seeing the Nat. Hist. Museum - with the Hope Diamond, The Nat. Archives - with the Charters of Freedom, and the Air and Space Museum. And then there are the monuments....Washington, Lincoln, Jefferson, FDR, WWII, Vietnam War, and many more!