PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else worried about the prospect of room only codes?

SRUAlmn
04-03-2005, 06:04 PM
We were all so hyped up about the thought of them coming out at the end of Feb and beginning of March and now the excitement has died down. Has everyone given up hope? Is it too late now for them to release them? Any thoughts?

georgina
04-03-2005, 06:43 PM
I thought they came out in April last year for our June trip. I wouldn't panic yet.

buzz2400
04-04-2005, 11:13 AM
Based on the fact that disney has been doing well with their new promotion, I don't believe there will be any codes for the general public this year.

SRUAlmn
04-04-2005, 10:26 PM
Based on the fact that disney has been doing well with their new promotion, I don't believe there will be any codes for the general public this year.

I was thinking that too, but when they came out with FL resident codes and AP codes I got some hope.

Georgina: I thought they came out in March last year... Glad I was wrong :)

CheapMom
04-05-2005, 08:45 AM
YES- I am worried. I went last June and if I recall correctly the codes expired mid-April so I guess they prob. came out early March.

I am not going anytime soon but I am hoping for codes in the fall. That is a slower time for WDW so I am somewhat hopeful. I think this is a bad sign. (Good for Disney though- I guess they are making some money- not needing to offer a lot of incentives)

Music Mole
04-05-2005, 03:05 PM
It looks like you've been to WDW several times. I found when I was planning our upcoming trip, the first time I called they did not have a very good room rate ($99/nt Value). I booked anyway but moaned about it for a few days. Then called back to discuss some other options, specifically asked the new agent if there were any special room only rates available to me and lo and behold! $49/nt + tax! Woohoo - that's like an AP rate :teeth:

So I would say, the old advice of calling the CRO more than once to ask about the best available rate still holds true. Also be sure to ask if there are any special rates in the computer associated with your name (or whoever's name you usually book under) or the address or phone number.

Good Luck

garettdoyle
04-05-2005, 03:20 PM
A family member just booked a trip to WDW for June. Many of the value resorts were completely sold out and only a few rooms were available in the moderates. At this point, I would have to agree with previous postings and no codes will be available this year.

I am a frequent business traveler. My unscientific observation is planes and hotels seem busier this year than last. Particular when I am flying to tourist destinations (Southern CA, Phoenix, Florida).

Miss Kelly
04-05-2005, 05:01 PM
I leave in 2 weeks and 5 days, and I don't anticipate any codes being released for my dates. I wish there had been some, but we are going anyhow! :banana:

Daisy'sMom
04-06-2005, 10:41 AM
I'm afraid I have to agree that codes are probably not coming out because the hotels are being booked up pretty quickly. A neighbor family tried to get reservations a while back for early June and was told that there were vacancies. Mind you they needed several rooms because there's 12-15 of them going, but still that's only 3-4 rooms so they ended up getting a house off-site.

Oh well. Maybe next time.

Lewisc
04-06-2005, 12:33 PM
Disney has promotions. ME can save a family around $100 in transfers. MYW tickets gives you extra days for almost free. MYW Dining seems to be giving people good savings.

Bookings seem to be up. When was the last time you've seen people posting that they were unable to get rooms at rack rate for anything but holiday weeks? I'd base my planning on whatever rates (AAA or PIN) you can get now. Disney sometimes closes parts of resorts during the slow seasons either to save money or to renovate rooms.