View Full Version : Final Payment? Please help.

Mom to Will and Finn
04-03-2005, 05:34 PM
I've got a bit of a dilemma. I'm due to pay the balance (after deposit) on our package on April 9th. We're using our tax refund to pay for the trip and we will not have it back by then. I've read on here that some people did not have to pay the balance until check in. Is this true? If so, how do I get to be able to do that?

I figured I'd call and ask and if that cm won't let me, then I'll call back and ask another. Does anyone have any tips? Thank you!

04-03-2005, 07:20 PM
You can only pay it off a check in with a room only ressie packages must be paid off by the due date or WDW can cancel your ressie. My good friend actually had this happen to her and her payment was only 3 days late.

04-03-2005, 08:01 PM
Could you call on April 9th and use a credit card to pay off the balance? Then you would have two-three weeks before your credit card needed to be paid.

Just a thought...

Mom to Will and Finn
04-03-2005, 08:30 PM
:guilty: We actually don't have enough room left on our credit card. Shoot. Not sure what we're going to do now. We were going to pay for the trip and pay off our credit card with our tax return.

If I reserved a room through a package plan, can I change it to a room only reservation? I've payed my deposit. At the time they said it was the very last room available for those dates in All Star Movies. :guilty:

04-03-2005, 09:32 PM
We needed to make our final payment for trip several years back and would have the money after my paycheck was deposited. My overtime was supposed to be on the check so we could pay rent, well it wasn't. My DW called the reservation center and asked we could get an extension. The CM was able to give a 14 day extension until my next paycheck. We arrived with no problems. We did have to use our debit card to make final payment. Just a thought. :confused3

04-04-2005, 01:53 AM
I had this problem kast year but I had a TA and she was able to get a 14 day exetension for us. Best you can do is call and ask if they so no ask for a manager they can do wonders CM's can't but take names of people because they can cancel on you. Hope you get it worked out ok.

04-04-2005, 07:28 AM
I bet you could call for an extension my friend didn't call or anything b/c she thought that she had mailed it off in time but somehow it got delayed in the mail. I would call. I hope everything works out for you.

Mom to Will and Finn
04-04-2005, 09:24 AM
Thank you all so much! I'm going to try it. Two weeks should be enough time.

You've all given me some hope! Thank you! :grouphug:

(starting to get excited again :goodvibes )

04-04-2005, 11:31 AM
You know you can go online and get the date your tax return is due to you right? Maybe you could check the date and ask for an extension until that date???