PDA

View Full Version : How long is tour guide mike good for?

LilMamiBella
04-02-2005, 10:22 AM
I paid and signed up for tour guide mike back in November or December. My trip was for January '05 and I just got an email from tour guide mike saying goodbye for now. I just assumed that when I signed up that it was for a year. :confused3 But, when I try and sign in with my username and password it says that my account is expired. I did email TGM but no response yet. I have another trip planned for December so I still wanted to use TGM.

karebear1
04-02-2005, 10:57 AM
TGM is good until you take your trip I believe, after that you have to renew.

becky7953
04-02-2005, 11:08 AM
Yes, it is good up until your trip. I know he gives you a month after your trip too. Then you have to renew.

njcarita
04-02-2005, 02:43 PM
what is tourmike????

SnowyPrincesses:)
04-02-2005, 02:46 PM
Maybe if you emailed him letting him know that you had planned both trips b4 you signed up that he might help you out and rebook. I'm using him right now for DEC trip. Did you find the site useful? Was all the info relevent?

donnajon
04-02-2005, 10:27 PM
When you sign up, it is good for only one trip (it says that in the agreement - that you will use it for one trip only). He does offer a renewal discount. I thinkl you can still log on for two months after your trip ends.

Becky2005
04-02-2005, 10:36 PM
It's one trip and I *thought* it was 60 days afterwards but could be 30 days.

I do know he offers discounts on renewals.

Lollipop Mom
04-03-2005, 12:49 AM
If you want to renew for your next trip, he has a link on the main page where you can email him your old user name and as long as it was not more than 1 year ago, the renewal price is only $16.95. :)

I think it must be 60 days after your trip too, I know I had it for a while after one of my trips. I knew I would be renewing for the next one, I just kept putting off doing it! It was a good while before I got the "goodbye" notice.

NewEnglandDisney
04-03-2005, 04:00 AM
One of the many reasons I dislike TGM.

They should have a subscription service - everyone pays the same and gets the same use. The way they do it is unfair. You might as well just cheat the system and say your trip is in 2006.

Honest people get shafted, people who make up a date win.

It's a poor system.

N.E.D.

Lollipop Mom
04-03-2005, 04:22 AM
You might as well just cheat the system and say your trip is in 2006.

I guess I don't see lying to get what you want "winning." Why would you say you are getting shafted if you have use of the service from the time you register untill 2 months after you return? It's not like the fact that your subscription is for one trip is hidden from you untill after you sign up, you have the opportunity to back out of the registration process if you don't like the terms. I'm sure some people don't read the whole agreement but that is not the fault of TGM. Yes, some people have a longer subscription time than others but that is because they registered sooner in the planning process. Again, not the fault of TGM.

I am a TGM devotee but I have understood why it's not for some people. This reason isn't one that I understand. That's just my opinion though...

2infinityandbeyond
04-03-2005, 01:31 PM
One of the many reasons I dislike TGM.

They should have a subscription service - everyone pays the same and gets the same use. The way they do it is unfair. You might as well just cheat the system and say your trip is in 2006.

It's a poor system.

N.E.D.

The purpose of TGM is to help you plan your trip. Once you've returned from WDW, other than posting a trip report why would you use it? It's not a "hang out and discuss all things Disney" website.

...and I'm not sure why you characterize it as "unfair" when it's all spelled out whn you sign up. :scratchin

GrandmaBarb
04-04-2005, 10:01 AM
IT IS a subscription service. Individually structured for each particular vacation. That is why other sources are not as effective. Your trips are individually based on your dates, size of those going, ages etc. One trip is different from the next. I used the plan for just a daughter and myself and it was perfection plus. i am using it again for a four person trip in June. Totally different circumstances. I will of course renew again after my June trip to be ready for the next one the following year. Everyone pays the same for the first time and there is a reduced price for renewals. How much more fair could it be.:love: