PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have their mortgage with Suntrust??

WDWorBUST
04-01-2005, 05:17 PM
We just did a mortgage that is being sold to Suntrust. I know that usually a mortgage company will not let you make your payment with a credit card...but I would love to get the Disney Reward dollars from my visa if they would. Does anyone know?? I pay it off monthly anyway...so it would be awesome to get that little bit extra each month!!

jennifer293
04-01-2005, 07:03 PM
What you might could do is that if you have a Suntrust near you, go to the bank and get a cash advance then hand the loan teller the cash to pay the payment. That way your payment is made and it came from your Visa.

Your CC company may charge you a cash advance fee though so you might wanna check on that b4 you do it.

Or who knows the bank itself may accept your CC as payment..Never hurts to ask!!!

marcyinPA
04-01-2005, 09:17 PM
Our auto loan is through Suntrust, but I don't know if they accept Visa payments. That would be great though...it would be nice to make a few rewards a month on something I pay anyway!!

gdulaney
04-01-2005, 09:40 PM
You may want to check out their website:
http://www.suntrustmortgage.com

We have our mortgage with SunTrust, but we've never tried to pay by credit card.

Good luck!
Ginny

WDWorBUST
04-04-2005, 08:57 PM
Thanks all!! I can't log on yet because we just did closing Thursday and our local bank sold the loan to suntrust so I don't think our information is in their system yet. I will definitely check out their website though as soon as I can....I want those reward dollars. And I think the Disney visa does charge a cash advance fee so I think that would negate the reward dollars - doggone it!!

gdulaney
04-04-2005, 09:18 PM
If the mortgage pmt doesn't work out...you might be able to get those Disney dollars with other payments. We use our visa for everthing. Groceries, cell phone payment, haircuts, etc. We keep the money in our checking account and then pay off the visa in full (no interest). One my double reward drops off, we'll probably continue the practice, but with whichever credit card has the best rewards.

Ginny :)

MAGGIED
04-04-2005, 10:28 PM
We have our mtg with Suntrust - have for years - no problems with them - don't know if they let you use a Visa or not - sure would like to know....

gdulaney
04-05-2005, 09:50 PM
I had to call the mortgage company today, so I asked about making payments using a visa....sorry, no go. They don't take visa.

Ginny

WDWorBUST
04-06-2005, 11:32 AM
Ginny -
Hey thanks for asking....I really didn't think they would. And I actually understand their reasoning....they figure you're getting in deeper debt and in trouble when you start using credit to pay for credit. Oh well....it would have been nice. I'll just have to keep using the card for work.

Thanks Again!!
Amanda

xABearx
04-12-2005, 09:43 PM
I had to call the mortgage company today, so I asked about making payments using a visa....sorry, no go. They don't take visa.

Ginny
Well I guess the slogan for Visa "It's everywhere you want to be" doesn't include Suntrust Mortgage .... :confused3

ExPirateShopGirl
04-13-2005, 12:40 AM
Ginny -
Hey thanks for asking....I really didn't think they would. And I actually understand their reasoning....they figure you're getting in deeper debt and in trouble when you start using credit to pay for credit. Oh well....it would have been nice. I'll just have to keep using the card for work.

Thanks Again!!
Amanda

Every month or so BankOne (now Chase, presumably) will send you 'checks' to use from your Disney Visa line of credit. You might be able to use these to pay your mortgage. I don't pay my mortgage with my card, but I run every other bill I can through it and all groceries, gas, etc.

Good luck!