PDA

View Full Version : Question on Magic your way ticket?

cannonn824
04-01-2005, 10:54 AM
I am a newbie to the MYW ticket. I was wonder if any one knows if when you get the ticket with the water parks on them do they count that as a full day at the parks or like a 1/2?? The reason I'm asking is my family loves water parks and i was wondering if i needed to buy more tickets if i do it that way or would it be cheaper for me to buy the tickets to the water park separate from the park tickets? Please help!! I would like to do at least one of the water parks all day.

funcinderella
04-01-2005, 11:13 AM
Not exactly sure what you are asking...

I'll try to help.

If you buy the base tickets and add on the Magic Plus package, you get a defined number of pluses (which equal one visit to a water park).

So if you buy the 7 or 10 day pass you get 5 visits to a water park; you can stay there all day if you want, for five days, which is definitely getting your money's worth!

I think it's $45 for the plus option, regardless of how many days you are buying, but with the longer amount of days, you get more plusses.

(See mousesavers.com for all of the details.)

So even if you only get 2 plusses, that's still woth buying the magic plus add on , because I believe individual water park tickets are around $33.

Someone else can elaboarte or correct me if I am wrong please.

funcinderella
04-01-2005, 11:16 AM
I just re-read your post and now I get it. The MYW base ticket does not allow for entry to the WPs, only the 4 major parks. The pluses are what allows for entrance.

So a 10-day ticket with Magic plus gets you 10 days entrance to the 4 major parks, plus 5 days entrance to either a water park or disney quest, for a total of 15 days. (You can also enter a park and use a plus in the same day, which would cut down on your 15 days.)

Anthony1971
04-01-2005, 11:28 AM
the number of park passes refers to how maney times you may Visit MK, EPCOT, MGM and AK. if you have a 7 day pass you can go to the parks 7 days-- if you buy the hopper option you can go to 1 or all the parks listed above on each day.
if you buy the plus option you get a speciic number of times depending on the lentgh of pass you buy you can go to the water parks, Disney quest or Plesure island there is no hopping so if you go to a water park then pleasure island you will have used 2 pluses
both are seperate but if you go to MK, Epcot, MGM or EPCOT as well as a WP, PI or DQ you will have used one pass day and one plus.
The pass will expire after 14 days of the first use you can also get the non expiring option that alows you to hold any unused days until your next visit --for a fee :rotfl:
also you can upgrade a pass at anytime before it expires to any of the above for the diffrence in price. if you buy a pass from a discounter you will need to pay what Disney charges plus the difference
hence the name MY WAY sort of like Burger King a burger your way but never what you had in mind :rotfl:
good luck

kutchyone
04-01-2005, 11:30 AM
You have it right!

I do have a question for the experts here............If I purchase a 10 day MYW no hop/no expire use 4 days in 2005, go back in 2007 and decide I want to hop can I add that option at that time? I know you would have to add the no expiration option within 14 days of first use but does that apply to plus and hopper options? I also know that I would have to add the hop for the entire 10 days not just the 6 days that are left.

mickeyluv'r
04-01-2005, 01:14 PM
Don't know the answer to your question for certain, but I know you can modify old hopper passes, but I suggest getting the park hopper option now. Park hopping is a great feature. If you go to one park on an EMH day, and it gets crowded, you can hop to a less crowded park - since time is money, this feature pays for itself, IMHO.

MrsPete
04-01-2005, 01:14 PM
I think this may be what the poster is asking:

The major parks give you ALL-DAY ENTRANCE. Once you enter the Magic Kingdom, for example, you are free to leave at lunchtime and re-enter later that evening. This "costs you" only one park day.

If you have hopping privledges, you can go to the Magic Kingdom in the morning, then "hop" over to Animal Kingdom, then "hop" over to Epcot for the evening. Again, this only "costs you" one park day no matter how many times you enter/leave parks during that day.

The plus passes (for the minor parks) are different. They are good for ONE ENTRANCE. When you go into Typhoon Lagoon, it "costs you" one plus; you can stay in the water park all day, if you wish. However, if you left Typhoon Lagoon for lunch -- or if you wanted to go to Blizzard Beach for the afternoon -- you'd have to use a second plus to re-enter after lunch (no hand stamps back in).

The "hopping" is only between major parks. If you want to go to Animal Kingdom in the morning and Disney Quest in the afternoon, it'll cost you a park day AND a plus pass.

cannonn824
04-01-2005, 03:20 PM
I'm not sure if everyone understands what i am trying to ask. I will give an example:

If in the Morning we went to Animal Kingdom and than wanted to go to BB for the afternoon and than back to Animal Kingdom for the night. Would that count as 2 tickets or just one.

Or If I purchased the base ticket for 4 days with the plus package could i get into all 4 major parks and than spend 2 full days at the water parks?

mum of two pirates
04-01-2005, 04:32 PM
You would use one park ticket in the morning-- If you went to AK in the morning, then you get your hand stamped on the way out. Then you would use one pluss option to Go to the water park in the afternoon. Then you would get back in to AK and not be charged anoughter ticket. You cannot go to MK later after the water park without a hopper ticket. Hope that helps a bit.

seashoreCM
04-01-2005, 05:02 PM
No, partly used (pre-2005) hopper passes cannot be modified, they can only be used up as is or traded towards a new pass at gate price. Currently the trade up value to MYW passes is its gate price as of its purchase date, prorated for the theme park days remaining.

Yes (as far as I know) you can leave a water park (or other plus venue) with a hand stamp and come back the same day without using a second plus. If you go to the other water park or a different plus venue then you consume another plus but you do not need the hopping option. Using a plus is equal to using a separate admission ticket for the minor park.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/dispass.htm

MrsPete
04-01-2005, 05:59 PM
It sounds like you need a hopper pass with plusses. You have to understand that your ticket gives you X number of days in the major parks and Y number of admissions to the minor parks.

Each PARK TICKET day gets you into the major parks -- as many entrances and exits as you wish on that particular day. Each PLUS PASS gives you one entrance into a water park (or Disney Quest or Pleasure Island, and maybe some other places). Plus passes are way cheaper than pay-at-the-gate admission to the water parks.

So let's say you buy a 4 day hopper pass with 2 plusses. You can go to the major parks all you want for 4 days -- you can stay all day long, and you can come and go between major parks. You also have 2 one-time entrances into the minor parks.

Using your example -- going to Animal Kingdom in the morning, then a water park, then returning to Animal Kingdom in the evening -- you would use one hopper day and one plus pass. (Though you couldn't actually go back to AK in the evening because that's the one park that closes early.)